Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

  1. #16
    TorontoRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    At least not according to SI.

    Here's the criteria that was used to make the list:



    And here's their list:

    25. William Andrews
    24. Eric Dickerson
    23. Bo Jackson
    22. Adrian Peterson (not yet)
    21. Marshawn Lynch
    20. Craig "Ironhead" Heyward
    19. Herschel Walker/Tony Dorsett
    18. Jamal Lewis (huh!)
    17. Marcus Allen
    16. Mike Pruitt
    15. Eddie George (huh!)
    14. Mike Alstott
    13. Jim Nance
    12. Bill Brown
    11. Christian Okoye (HUH!)
    10. Jerome Bettis
    9. Franco Harris
    8. Jim Taylor
    7. Walter Payton
    6. John Riggins
    5. Marion Motley
    4. Bronko Nagurski
    3. Larry Csonka
    2. Earl Campbell
    1. Jim Brown

    So after seeing that list, do you think Steven Jackson deserves to be on it?

    If so, why? Who does he knock off the list, and where would you place him?

    If not, why not? What is he lacking that doesn't get him there? Where would you place him outside the list if extended to the top 100?
    I'm curious, whether or not S Jax deserves to be on the list, what difference does that make? I'm not sure some of the RBs on it deserve to be on it (see huh and HUH), and not mentioning a few (e.g. William Andrews), who admittedly I've never heard of. Name another Ram of the St. Louis era (by the way where's Marshall Faulk), who deserves to be on the list at their positions. MAYBE Kurt Warner; and MAYBE Issac Bruce. That's just my take and I'm only expressing my opinion not disparaging yours or anyone else's.


  2. #17
    live4ramin's Avatar
    live4ramin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Missouri Low Country
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    What's with the Hershel Walker/Dorsett combination? Hershel, hell yeah (punishing speed). Dorsett? He was more like in style to Marshall Faulk.

    And by the way, "A Football Life" was on the other night featuring John Riggins. Manoman..There's a power runner.

    And where the f is Walter Peyton? The list is rediculous. Brought to you by the same knuckleheads that do movie reviews.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -03-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.
    "The horror"

  3. #18
    live4ramin's Avatar
    live4ramin is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Missouri Low Country
    Posts
    1,362
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Ooops, Walter is on the list. My bad.

    Again.
    "The horror"

  4. #19
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    What was the name and team of the player whose arm got broken trying to tackle Steven Jackson ?

    Let's ask him.
    that was Mike Rumph a former college cornerback for the Miami Hurricanes, 1st round pick who switched to free safety due to his reputation of being a strong hard hitting tackler. he was playing for the Niners,the team who drafted him in the 1st. he tried to arm tackle Jax and ended up getting his forearm smashed in multiple places. from having a promising career,although he played on for another 3 years or so he was never the same again. we signed him in free agency in 2007 but he got cut before the Rams named their final 53 that year. finally retiring a year later,just 6 years after being drafted.

    his college team mates at the safety position were Sean Taylor and Ed Reed..and the RB he would have tackled in practice was Frank Gore. i guess with those 3 around he never really had to concentrate too much on that hard tackling he would have needed when facing Jax..
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-06-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added more.

  5. #20
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    What's with the Hershel Walker/Dorsett combination? Hershel, hell yeah (punishing speed). Dorsett? He was more like in style to Marshall Faulk.

    And by the way, "A Football Life" was on the other night featuring John Riggins. Manoman..There's a power runner.And where the f is Walter Peyton? The list is rediculous. Brought to you by the same knuckleheads that do movie reviews.
    ah yes, Fatso as his dad called him..funny how his dad seemed to love and thought more of his older brother than him.i guess that`s one of the things that drove him on to become one of the greats at RB.

  6. #21
    jmk321's Avatar
    jmk321 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    albany
    Posts
    591
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    So Bo Jackson, a part time player who was in a total of 23 NFL games and never had a 1000 yard season is on this list? I know he was a physical specimen but a player who only had the potential to be great shouldn't be included on this list.

  7. #22
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    I stopped reading the list after seeing Marshawn Lynch ahead of AP...what a joke. At 22 years old, AP may be the greatest RB I have personally witnessed.

  8. #23
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    I stopped reading the list after seeing Marshawn Lynch ahead of AP...what a joke. At 22 years old, AP may be the greatest RB I have personally witnessed.
    AP shouldn`t really be on the list tho as he`s not what i would call a power back. same as a few others.Marcus Allen,Tony Dorsett..they beat guys with their speed and moves..not power. ED is questionable too but he was quite a big boy,at 6 foot 3.

  9. #24
    Beastified's Avatar
    Beastified is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    74
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    AP shouldn`t really be on the list tho as he`s not what i would call a power back. same as a few others.Marcus Allen,Tony Dorsett..they beat guys with their speed and moves..not power. ED is questionable too but he was quite a big boy,at 6 foot 3.
    Agreed. I like where Dickerson is at though.
    live4ramin likes this.

  10. #25
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time



    Hey everybody, let's keep in mind we are officially[?] in the off-season.

    We're family, we're gonna be doing lots of dumb stuff together!
    --Tommy Boy


    All you can handle bro!* --Tommy Boy
    [*.- Or that the moderators will allow.]
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-06-2013 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Cow tipping!

  11. #26
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,383
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    that was Mike Rumph a former college cornerback for the Miami Hurricanes, 1st round pick who switched to free safety due to his reputation of being a strong hard hitting tackler. he was playing for the Niners,the team who drafted him in the 1st. he tried to arm tackle Jax and ended up getting his forearm smashed in multiple places. from having a promising career,although he played on for another 3 years or so he was never the same again. we signed him in free agency in 2007 but he got cut before the Rams named their final 53 that year. finally retiring a year later,just 6 years after being drafted.

    his college team mates at the safety position were Sean Taylor and Ed Reed..and the RB he would have tackled in practice was Frank Gore. i guess with those 3 around he never really had to concentrate too much on that hard tackling he would have needed when facing Jax..
    Well answered. Wasn't there another guy - and this is not a trivia question; I really don't remember the guy's name- who got crushed & run over spectacularly by,iirc, Earl Campbell and was never the same again, either. May have even committed suicide.Mentioned in a RealSports piece a while back about the retired players health scandal. Sobering stuff, both stories, & makes me wonder if I should have even got into a conversation about who was the most violent,etc, in the first place.

  12. #27
    Agrajag is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Glad to see Okoye on the list, he's my favorite running back of time...


  13. #28
    berg8309's Avatar
    berg8309 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,899
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    I can't say for sure SJax belongs on the list, I can only say I disagree with Lynch being anywhere on it. He will be 27 when the season starts, and needs to average 1,300 + yards for the next three seasons just to match Sjax's total by the end of his age 29 season. That's no small feat, and he's had the benefit of playing on better teams.

    Lynch continues to live off the hype of his "beast mode" run again the Saints. Yes, he's been one of the best backs the past two seasons. Top 25 all-time already? That's a pretty big stretch.

    Sour grapes from me? Probably, but I don't care.

  14. #29
    bradwill's Avatar
    bradwill is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Steven Jackson NOT one of the Top 25 Power Running Backs Of All Time

    Lawrence McCuctheon should be on that list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Is Steven Jackson still a top 5 running back?
    By g tha problem in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -06-24-2011, 01:59 PM
  2. Rams Running Backs
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -08-27-2010, 04:30 PM
  3. Greatest Rams running backs-all time roster continued
    By general counsel in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -02-24-2010, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: -11-30-2008, 01:36 PM
  5. Rams running back Steven Jackson back on sideline
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: -11-17-2008, 07:25 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •