ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

steven jackson on the pulse

SJ will be on the pulse within the next few minutes,its on the channel espn news, so tune in, channel 207 for direct TV customers

Built RAM tough

Re: steven jackson on the pulse

What he basiacally said is that he thinks he is the best running back in the NFL right now and he thinks the rams and the best team in the NFL, and he said the rams would beat the bears if they played them tomorrow, he also said that he thinks that we have a very good chance to beat the chargers next week. He was also just giving his opinions on a few things around the league
    Built RAM tough

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's one thing to be confident it's another thing being over confident.
    SJ sounds a little to bold when talking about himself. As far as comments go about the team he has no choice but to talk positive. He's not going to say the Chargers and Bears will beat the Rams. I do like the fact that he's not giving the answers we usually here from players and coaches. You know the old, well it's going to be a tough matchup we'll give our best effort. Not Jackson, he says the Rams will beat the Chargers and the Bears. I hope he knows what he's talking about.

I hope he knows what he is talking about too.
    Built RAM tough

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

You have to like his confidence; it's very contagious. Since so much of sports really is a mental game, if he can spread that confidence to the rest of the team and we come in thinking we can win, our chanc es of winning rise dramatically. I agree with him that we could beat any team right now. The key is word is could. If we max out or talent and don't hurt ourselves with dumb penalties and get the right plays called and execute those plays correctly, we could beat anyone in the NFL. Our Offense is still very powerful and our defense is good enough get the job done.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Blah, blah, blah, blah...I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread...blah, blah, blah, blah.

I finally figured out who this guy reminds me of. The obnoxious boyfriend from the movie Coming to America, who thinks his sh** don't stink.

I've said it before and I'll say it agin...shut up and play.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Milan Guest

He's good and has confidence, and loves St. Louis. I have nothing against him and support him, I don't mind if he talks like that once in a while, as long as he's not being a T.O.

BigGameMN Guest

I like SJ, but to say he's the best RB in the NFL with guys like LT around is silly.

Well if we had a full strength O-line people might actually take him more seriously on his comments
    Built RAM tough

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Well if we had a full strength O-line people might actually take him more seriously on his comments
    Good point. Saying he is the best back is silly, but its not like it is far fetched, what is he 2nd or 3rd in the league right now? It's not my thing to be over confident and cocky, but hey thats how he is and its not like we're doing bad right now, so ehh I'll take it for what its worth lol

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Do any of us know exactly what he said or in what context he made those comments? We are going bt one guys very brief synopsis. Until you know what was said, maybe don't rush to judgement?

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Do any of us know exactly what he said or in what context he made those comments? We are going by one guys very brief synopsis. Until you know what was said, maybe don't rush to judgement?
    Exactly right. I saw him on an NFL Live interview on the ESPN webiste this week and he didn't say anything like that, he wasn't overly confident, he was realistic. So unless he is saying 2 totally different things on different shows I would say that some statements could have been taken out of context.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

I was watching the show live, and when he said it, he wasn't trying to be cocky, he was serious about it, and he was serious when he said the rams are the best team, he wasn't trying to be cocky in anyway, he is just sharing his OPINION!!!!
    Built RAM tough