sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson Underrated?

I've recently been researching all over the net. From running back rankings, to predictions for next season.

Seems like Steven Jackson is underrated to me. I get really disappointed when I see players like Frank Gore, Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall infront of him.

I mean, there all great players, but Steven Jackson managed to get the 2nd most yards last season with 1,416 while missing a game and being on one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Seems like our team will be much improved this year, only helping Steven. SJAX has clearly proved he can play with 5 consecutive 1,000+ yard rushing seasons.

I see him being a pure beast next year. Achieving another 1,400+ yard season, 10+ td's, 40+ receptions, 500-600 yards, and 3-6 td's.

I think he is the best running back in the NFL. I don't want this to be a bias opinion, but with an improved team, he will only do better. Sure there is "some concern" with his back surgery but I'm sure he will easily work past that.

I mean this guy does it all. He can clearly run, catch, block, even throw! Career passing stats 1/1 2 yards, 1 td and a QB rating of 118.8.

What do you guys think?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jackson Underrated?

I think you are right. People are concerned about his back surgery, I find it actually more beneficial to Jackson.

Jackson ran for 1,400+ yards last season with a pinched nerve in his back. With his surgery, his back is stronger, healthier, and should not bug him this season.

I expect him to be phenomenal this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I think you are right. People are concerned about his back surgery, I find it actually more beneficial to Jackson.

Jackson ran for 1,400+ yards last season with a pinched nerve in his back. With his surgery, his back is stronger, healthier, and should not bug him this season.

I expect him to be phenomenal this season.

Great to see somebody agree with me. He is a workhorse, and I see him topping the league next year at his position.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I think we all agree jackson is underrated. I personally would take him over any back in the league. We have the best back in the league bar none he can do alittle of everything. He outruns people like a scat back but then runs u over like a train and carries people while running. So let the "experts" say what the want sj39 is the best back in the league.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Are you looking at actual player rankings by an author, or fantasy rankings? Because I've seen fantasy rankings with Rice and Gore ahead of him, and based on SJ's lack of touchdowns last season, I can't say I necessarily blame them. But in an overall player ranking, I think Jackson is a top three RB in this league, top five at worst.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

with better blocking and a passing game should be right up there at the top!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Judaxi is offline Registered User

I think what you keep seeing is fantasy rankings because most people downgraded him in fantasy because of the back surgery. SJax is my favorite player but i like Gore more in fantasy. As for actual football most people will have Sjax higher than gore, maybe rice.

I looked at both rankings, and fantasy. I still dont understand, Jackson had more fantasy points than almost all running backs (exception of 3 or 4). I think this year he will hit 10+ td's again, considering our leagues worst offense last year.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Every year somebody proclaims Gore as the next best fantasy back, and every year he lays an egg. Steven Jackson needs, nay, DEMANDS respect! (also some touchdowns would be nice)

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Are you looking at actual player rankings by an author, or fantasy rankings? Because I've seen fantasy rankings with Rice and Gore ahead of him, and based on SJ's lack of touchdowns last season, I can't say I necessarily blame them. But in an overall player ranking, I think Jackson is a top three RB in this league, top five at worst.
    Good point about fantasy rankings, but from what I read and hear SJ gets much love, he has been a one man show and most knows he is a beast of a back.
    :ramlogo:

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Every year somebody proclaims Gore as the next best fantasy back, and every year he lays an egg. Steven Jackson needs, nay, DEMANDS respect! (also some touchdowns would be nice)

I never really liked Gore. I feel like he's already peaked, and will never get much better than he already is. And, he's kind of overrated to be honest.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

In ESPN's standard scoring Sjax was the 10 best RB and the 32 overall. Considering he was drafted around the 6 spot in most leagues he highly underperformed. Love him to death and will always draft him if he is on the board but he isn't as good in fantasy as he is on the field.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Jackson is underrated because we went x-xx the last 3 years. If he played on the Colts or Saints people would be all over his running saying things like best back ever and Steve "the freight train" Jackson.