Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    dgr828 is offline Registered User

Steven Jacksons' not the answer/Bring on Stephen Davis

I'm done with SJ, lets try SD!
    Not to fault Steven Jackson, but the RAMS must check their options at the runningback position.
    Sure, Jackson has his moments, but too many times the running game stalls with Jackson either being stuffed at the line, stopped in the backfield or some other misdirected blunder.
    The RAMS need more of a controlled running offensive. They need someone who can consistantly move the chains, keep the offense on a steady flow and set up the passing game.
    Maybe I'm overreacting, but sooner or later I would like to see what Stephen davis can do.
    I'm still holding out hope for Jackson, but my love of the RAMS ground game is 'RUNNING' on empty!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jacksons' not the answer/Bring on Stephen Davis

I'm done with SJ, lets try SD!
    Not to fault Steven Jackson, but the RAMS must check their options at the runningback position.
    Sure, Jackson has his moments, but too many times the running game stalls with Jackson either being stuffed at the line, stopped in the backfield or some other misdirected blunder.
    The RAMS need more of a controlled running offensive. They need someone who can consistantly move the chains, keep the offense on a steady flow and set up the passing game.
    Maybe I'm overreacting, but sooner or later I would like to see what Stephen davis can do.
    I'm still holding out hope for Jackson, but my love of the RAMS ground game is 'RUNNING' on empty!
    We played one of the best run stuffing defences in the NFL. A team that has tons of speed at lb and jackson had 121 yards. Im done with fickle fans enjoy the win.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Are you kidding me? He had a few negative runs probrably two that were his fault. Be he fought, and fought, and fought some more to gain yards. He really played a good game today. Also picked up blitzs very well.
    RamsFan16

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

wow, all i have to say is wow, we played a top 5 defense, jackson had 121 yards rushing, and your complaining? wow man, this is jacksons first game as a feature back without marshall, and he did dam good, so learn to appreciate it, because davis is not gonna start over jackson! and btw he is the third stringer, if anyone started over jackson it would be fisher, so just enjoy the win
    Built RAM tough

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jeez, I can't believe he only gained 120 yards and over 5 yards per carry against the Broncos, who had the second best rushing defense last season. He should've at least had 175 yards and 3 TDs. Cut him now!

:x

shortman1984 is offline Registered User

Yeah Steven Jackson did good.. I mean Denver has one of the best Defense's in the League, and one of the best rush defense's ...so i think he did pretty good...I just wished our Redzone offense would get better..I dont see why we didnt go to our Huge 6'5 TE in the redzone though...

Drew4EverRams is offline Registered User

i couldnt be bothered to quote everyone else but i agree with all the replies, jackson fought for every yard today against a tough D with a not so great O-line in front of him!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Sorry dgr828, you had to eat your words today.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

...this is really getting old.

Jackson gained 121 yards against a team that ranked second in defending the run last year, and he gained those yards while dragging defenders, breaking tackles, throwing stiff arms, making cutbacks, and pounding right into a sea of defenders.

The line left A LOT to be desired today, especially on the right side with Timmerman and Barron and especially after McCollum left the game early, but typically it's Jackson that gets singled out for any shortcomings in the ground game.

The worst part? It's not even surprising any more.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Give SJ his due. This is not the flashy Marshall Faulk type GSOT team anymore. This was a smash mouth performance. He worked very hard for every yard that he got against a strong run defense. Get used to a little less flash and more tough nosed ball pounding in your face football...Now if we can just get the TE's involved in the red zone....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Unbelievable!!! We win, beat a great team with a great defense, Jackson busts his butt all game, and there is still complaining.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

:l

The other day I was reading this short review and I swear the person that wrote it was a bonafide knucklehead...........

Oh excuse me, I suppose I could possibly be off topic......

I thought the Rams should have used Jackson in the redzone more often today. Seems like they gave up on the run down close far too often.

GREAT WIN RAMS!!!

:l

RealRam is offline Registered User

I'm still holding out hope for Jackson, but my love of the RAMS ground game is 'RUNNING' on empty! -- Dgr828
    Hang in there, 28! I'm with you and I think I know what you mean but... let's give Jackson another game or two so he can come out from the locker room and onto the field a mad monster.

As you said, SJ had his moments, yet these may be the true indicators of what he can -- and wants to -- prove. That stiff arm that he used very effectively on a few running plays, his hustle and enthusiasm, all point in the right direction. I think the offense just needs to improve and gel some more as a whole to enhance No. 39s performance.

It was SJ's first game as the main RB, in a new "environment" if you will. Hopefully by next week the Rams offense will settle down better, avoid some penalties and, in all, play with better efficiency, including Stephen Jackson.

When he did have his moments, he looked more than willing, strong, and determined to be the main man. No fumbles either. I like that!

I trust he will accept the necessary guidance to keep learning and improving (from his new mentor, the 'other' Stephen, Davis), and together with some "gellin'", develop into the back we all expected him to be from the beginning.

With consistency. :r

PS: just notice I had been spelling our very own RB star's name as Stephen! Sorry. Rest assured it won't happen again!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-11-2006 at 02:27 AM.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ...this is really getting old.

Jackson gained 121 yards against a team that ranked second in defending the run last year, and he gained those yards while dragging defenders, breaking tackles, throwing stiff arms, making cutbacks, and pounding right into a sea of defenders.
    About 40 of those yards gained late, during trash time, when the Broncos were done. Don't get me wrong, I like SJ, I guess I set my sites for the running game a little high.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    About 40 of those yards gained late, during trash time, when the Broncos were done. Don't get me wrong, I like SJ, I guess I set my sites for the running game a little high.
    The Broncos were far from done on that last drive. They were stacked against the run and had to make a stop to stay in the game. They weren't out of it until after Jackson's big run, at which point all we did was take a couple knees.

Furthermore I give credit to the entire offense on that final series, because Jackson carried defenders for 13 yards on that first carry, and then got a nice hole on the right side and a great lead block by Smith on his 37-yard run. That run sealed the deal, and it wasn't until after that that the Broncos were done.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast