Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Re: Steven Jacksons' not the answer/Bring on Stephen Davis

When making a statement that's so blunt, give some sort of compeling argument. Your argument is based on purely opinion. 121 yards is 121 yards especially against a team that has such a great defense, from the D line to the secondary. Had we played against any other team except for Chicago, the score would have been 42-10.

Steven is a strong back, and I don't know what angle you were watching from but a lot of the plays you were talking about the D line penetrated our O line. Let's get this straight Steven is not Marshall, I think you may have been spoiled by Marshalls play. Steven is a good back and he will get over 1500 yards at the pace he's on, and yeah I know it's only game 1. He's on a 2057 yard pace. dude got 121 yards on 22 caries thats 3 below from the minimum of caries they wanna give him. 3 more caries and he would have had 137 yards and the rate he was going today.

Another thing man if you gonna be a fan, be a fan and stop critizing when it's not merited, you sound like a whiners fan.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mtmagpie View Post
    I cannot believe that some people still feel the need to complain! We beat the AFC WEST defending champion Denver Broncos by rushing and fierce defense! What more could a true Rams fan want?
    :l
    Not a complaint but a "true Rams fan" might want a TOUCHDOWN at some point this year. Not gonna win many games by settling for FGs. Great to get a win and nice to see some solid "D"...but no TDs in ANY game this year by Bulger and co. is nothing to feel good about. SF didnt exactly look ANEMIC today against a high scoring AZ squad. This offense better get its act together.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    Not a complaint but a "true Rams fan" might want a TOUCHDOWN at some point this year. Not gonna win many games by settling for FGs. Great to get a win and nice to see some solid "D"...but no TDs in ANY game this year by Bulger and co. is nothing to feel good about. SF didnt exactly look ANEMIC today against a high scoring AZ squad. This offense better get its act together.
    Again we played a team that made it to the AFC Championship game, we won end of story. We have as much a problem against the other teams we play this year.

Truth is offline Registered User

I don't have a problem with Jackson. I just want to know why the Rams seemed to abandon the run inside the red zone.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

You really shouldn't complain. Jackson had a solid game. He had a rough second half with alot of carries for negative yards, but that's more on the offensive line, not Jackson. Not alot the dude can do if there's someone in his face as soon as he gets the handoff.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I've been critical of Jackson in the past, primarily for the difficulty of matching some of his pronouncements against his past performances. However, if he gained 120+ yards every game I'd be very happy.

We can't always judge by statistics, as sometimes they can be damned lies but on this occasion, and I'd guess on many others, they'd be fairly reflective of Jacksons achievments.

Opening day win and 120+ yards.

I'll take the best out of this one, and say "Well done Steven".

No reason to pile on him today.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    You really shouldn't complain. Jackson had a solid game. He had a rough second half with alot of carries for negative yards, but that's more on the offensive line, not Jackson. Not alot the dude can do if there's someone in his face as soon as he gets the handoff.
    The only SF fan on this site who makes intelligent posts. It's kind of sad that even he can see Jackson had a good game against a tough run D, but some here still criticize Jackson.

I didn't see Gore play but from his numbers it looked like he did well also Brain Daddy.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Brain Daddy View Post
    Thank you! Even the 49'er fan sees it!

BTW, did you enjoy Gore in the game today? Looks like he really had a nice debut.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

The guy is a monster! I just hope he stays healthy...

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

Obviously I want the Rams to score a TD. But a win is a win period. I'm not sure I understand your point about the SF/AZ game. are you saying that the SF defense is somehow comparable to Denver? I think Bulger and Holt will find a little more room in the passing lanes dealing with the ***** secondary as opposed to Champ Bailey & Co. As for feeling good about a game with no Rams TDs...after the game today, I feel great!!

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Good job against a great run defense. He struggled @ times but didnt give up. Coach stuck with him, and in the end, we're still undefeated with 100 yard rusher in a game.
    If he bombs against a weaker team then maybe you'll get someone to jump on your wagon but cmon bud, Davis is about 80 and often injured.

norcalramfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    ...this is really getting old.

Jackson gained 121 yards against a team that ranked second in defending the run last year, and he gained those yards while dragging defenders, breaking tackles, throwing stiff arms, making cutbacks, and pounding right into a sea of defenders.

The line left A LOT to be desired today, especially on the right side with Timmerman and Barron and especially after McCollum left the game early, but typically it's Jackson that gets singled out for any shortcomings in the ground game.

The worst part? It's not even surprising any more.
    You hit the nail on the head with this one. It all starts with the O line , and there inability to open holes on a consistent basis. while i have been critical of some of his performances in the past, he showed me what is really going on with this team. Attitude and grit breeds success thank you scott and bruce. :r

RealRam is offline Registered User

Sure we could score 37 points and lose, but I am much more interested in WINS! --Mtmagpie
    Excellent post. Welcome to the Clan, MMP!

I hope and trust you will soon be finding more appealing threads.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

However; You must agree The RAMS are "Back in the mix for 2006".
    Now that I will agree with.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123