Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Re: Still-angry Linehan: Im scared to death to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Unfortunately, Linehan is starting to pull it together. He sees the end is near. If he can motivate his team and be a good coach, I'll support him 100% of the way. Juast as I was on the verge of giving up on him, he shows me his true colors. I respect the fact that he's getting frustrated. Take it out on the team. Give them a spit shower. Let them know you're upset.

Change the line up. Burton should be #2 receiver. And I THINK Little and Bell should be back. Maybe some more production? We can only hope so.
    Burton is out for at least a few weeks. I had my knee scoped for the same problem. Easy recovery, but it will be more than two weeks for a football player.

Avery all the way!

Glad you made it home safe and sound.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-16-2008 at 12:20 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    Burton is out for at least a few weeks. I had my knee scoped for the same problem. Easy recovery, but it will be more than two weeks for a football player.

Avery all the way!

Glad you made it home safe and sound.
    Yeah I read the thread after I posted this. Now I feel dumb like always.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Yeah I read the thread after I posted this. Now I feel dumb like always.
    Don't, I just deleted a post when trying to correct some God awfull spelling.

I did in fact have a torn Maniscus, it was lodged into my knee. , and I was in Germany at the time. They wanted to send me all the way back, (with only one passenger with me to Walter Reed).

No way no how was I leaving my son or the Hubby, so (Because I am so hard core), they paid for me to have my MRI in Trier. It had to be translated of course, but I was Super Duper after the easy as pie scope. (That could be due to pain meds), but Burton will take longer than two weeks, as he is a football player. I give him 4-6 weeks at best.

Avery, Holt, Looker with Jackson in the back should be every single play.

This is only Cali's opinion, but I approve my comment.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-16-2008 at 12:47 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

blood85 is offline Registered User

I agree, start cutting people who don't want to play...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Obviously, I don't know Linehan from Adam. However, his public personna leads me to believe his personality is one that avoids conflict at all cost. Players moan for time, he puts them in (Dante Hall). Players need to be put on notice, but doing so would require some political stones (Chavous). Dead weight needs to be made example of (Insert name here). Correction in each of these cases requires someone that has the personality to break a few eggs.........I just don't think Linehan is much of an omlette chef.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Linehan is afraid of losing? So, what is he doing... trying to face his fears?

Apparently, he's also afraid of spiders, clowns, dark alleys, nuclear war and Oprah.

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Can the guy already!! Linehan being pissed-off is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. He is not the right coach for this team. In fact he's not the right coach for ANY team. He's brought no winning attitude or technical expertise of the game with him to our team. I'm sick and tired of hearing his excuses that we'll make changes for next week's game.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!! We have talented players who can win in this league and some have already. At least with Martz there was a spirit that is totally lacking now. I say fire him now, take the hits on the season that we'll have to take and let's start building for the future, maybe we can still make something out of this season. We can make Al Saunders the HC for the rest of the year and dump Haslett too. I have too much loyalty for the Rams to watch this debacle each week. I heard Al Michaels this morning on ESPN radio say that the Rams may be hard-pressed to win 3 games this year. That is catastrophic with the level of talent we have!

We need to look ahead for the future of this team and Linehan and Haslett shouldn't be part of it, IMHO!!

Go Rams!

sig51 is offline Registered User

This is encouraging to see by Scott Linehan, it's good to see him finally getting pissed at the team, and I definitely agree with RAMMAN fines, wind sprints and a good cussing out will makes these so called professionals start to act like it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Obviously, I don't know Linehan from Adam. However, his public personna leads me to believe his personality is one that avoids conflict at all cost. Players moan for time, he puts them in (Dante Hall). Players need to be put on notice, but doing so would require some political stones (Chavous). Dead weight needs to be made example of (Insert name here). Correction in each of these cases requires someone that has the personality to break a few eggs.........I just don't think Linehan is much of an omlette chef.
    What you say might be true, but I'm not sure those are the best examples. Who exactly should we have played if not Dante Hall? Bennett was inactive. Kennison said he's not yet back in football condition. He was inactive. Burton and Avery were both nursing knee injuries. Holt, Looker, and Hall were the only healthy options.

Does Chavous really need to be singled out? The other players voted him as the defensive team captain, and he wears the mic to receive instructions from the coaches prior to the snap. Granted, he has missed a few tackles, but is he playing worse than the rest of the secondary? Hill has been beat deep. Atogwe has been beat deep. The only time I saw us give up a big pass play where Chavous might have been the guilty party was in game one when two guys were open headed down the left side, and he had to pick one of them to run with. Bartell ran right by the second one heading the opposite direction, but he said he claims the play called for him to blitz.

bc7
    bc7 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    Dear Bill Coats,
    The word is spelled BOLOGNA, not baloney. You are a professional writer, you should know this. Thank You,
    Scott
    Dear Scott,
    Both spellings are acceptable. Check your dictionary.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Linehan
    Ive been concerned about my job security since I started coaching. Im scared to death to lose.
    I'm not sure saying this serves him well. IMO he should have said he hates losing as opposed to being scared to lose. In any case, it will be interesting to see how this "new" angrier, more demonstrative Linehan is going to translate to the effort and attitude of the team, especially after players recently making it known they don't respect him for trying to be someone he's not.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Who exactly should we have played if not Dante Hall?
    The Rams had 4 other WRs and 3 TEs to choose from. But it's not the receivers that bothered me. Why is the end around and shuttle pass to Hall in the playbook? Either the defense knew they were coming pre-snap or they are psychic, because those plays went nowhere. Hall doesn't even look good on returns anymore much less the offense. Yet (according to our friendly Bash insider), he whines and moans for more offense time.
    Does Chavous really need to be singled out? The other players voted him as the defensive team captain, and he wears the mic to receive instructions from the coaches prior to the snap.
    That's exactly WHY he needs to be singled out. He is the leader, but settles for an inferior product. That is rubbing off on the younger DBs. He is getting run over in run support, and has become useless in coverage.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I agree. I'm glad he's pissed too. The problem is that he should have been pissed last year. Too little, too late.
    Pissed, clueless and scared is one thing. It would be totally different if he were pissed, motivated and capable.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

nothing gets a team going better than the threat of eating bologna sandwiches,I feel much better about our chances on Sunday now.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

mde8352gorams-

Great post. My thoughts exactly. Coming from a fellow New Jerseyan and Ram Fan, your post got me fired up.

We'd all love to see the Rams turn it around and Scott Linehan to show he's worthy of the position he holds. The first part of this equation will be hard enough, but I definitely don't see the second part happening at all. He's in his 3rd year, and the team has steadily regressed. The team is a reflection of its head coach, and the Rams demonstrate they are unprepared, lack confidence, lack toughness and resolve and fold when the going gets tough. He can be pissed off until the cows come home, and it ain't gonna' make him Vince Lombardi all of a sudden.

Get him outta' there. And give Bill Cowher or Marty Schottenheimer a blank check at season's end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12