throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

...still disappointed in Bennett

I just had the opportunity to watch the game, and yes, there are glaring weaknesses in the offensive unit (doesn't help to be without SJ and Holt). I would have hoped for an opportunity to see Bennett step up and show what he is capable of now that he is healthy. I was sorely let down and can't help but question his reliability as a solid #2. I have been a Bennett supporter from the get go, but based upon what I just saw time and time again, I am highly concerned. He failed to break free on play after play, and I am not sure if it was a misread by either him or Bulger on the interception, but he did absolutely nothing to try and recover. I saw two very easily catchable balls that were dropped. I surely hope this is all just an anomaly and I continue to hope that he will contribute, but 2 catches for 12 yards when there were about 6 thrown his way is just not going to get it done. I hope this is all preseason jitters, but I can't help but feel disappointed thus far.

Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: ...still disappointed in Bennett

The dropped passes were painful and inexcusable. I also have defended the guy but that was hard to watch last night.

eldfan is offline Registered User

If he continued this type of play he should fall out of the 2 spot but who could move up to take the spot? And what do that say about our wr's? What use to be a strength is now a weekness. I know it's spill milk but we should found a way to keep Kelvin Curits.
    :ramlogo:

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

He has been a FA bust as compared to his production. Looks as though the Rams are still giving him an opportunity to get it together. How much longer will they wait? Final cuts are not in yet.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    He has been a FA bust as compared to his production. Looks as though the Rams are still giving him an opportunity to get it together. How much longer will they wait? Final cuts are not in yet.

You are right, there is a definitely a chance they will cut Bennett .... screw the salary cap
    <enter sarcasm>

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

There's no excuses for Bennett this year. It's only preseason, but he's picked up right where he left off last year with a complete lack of effort and concentration. He needs to step it up NOW.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    but we should found a way to keep Kelvin Curits.

i dont recall him..was he any good?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    There's no excuses for Bennett this year. It's only preseason, but he's picked up right where he left off last year with a complete lack of effort and concentration. He needs to step it up NOW.
    I agree that the dropped passes are inexcusable, but I totally disagree with an earlier statement about his inability to get open. He was open the majority of the night. He dropped several, and Bulger misfired on a few ...

Dropping easy balls can be corrected. Lack of effort cannot, but I do not think effort was an issue for him last night ...

He catches the easy ones, and Bulger is accurate like he used to be, and Bennett would have had 7 for 110 last night ...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Yours truly is also hoping, believing DB will get it together for the regular season and justify his expensive spot on the roster, even if it is as #3 WR.

If not ... well, that really is going to be a problem. Can Usain Bolt catch a football?

I agree that the dropped passes are inexcusable, but I totally disagree with an earlier statement about his inability to get open. He was open the majority of the night. He dropped several, and Bulger misfired on a few ...

He catches the easy ones, and Bulger is accurate like he used to be, and Bennett would have had 7 for 110 last night ...
    Aside from the interception (which can be argued as to who was actually off, Bulger or Bennett) I did not see one other errant throw from Bulger to Bennett. I completely disagree that he was open "the majority of the night." If you can provide me game examples of when this occurred, I'd be more than happy to go back and take a look and reassess the situation.

Dropping easy balls can be corrected. Lack of effort cannot, but I do not think effort was an issue for him last night ...
    ANYTHING can be corrected, but the problem comes in that will it be corrected? Like I have said, I hope it does, but the original idea of this post is that of concern. Bennett should have easily had 5 catches for 50+ yards. I am just saying that he definitely has something to prove and he did little for his cause last night.
    Steve

Can Usain Bolt catch a football?
    LOL... Did you see the way he looked around and held up before the line.... he has holdout written all over him....
    Steve

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Rickly Proehl's cousin?

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    Nah, he was too slow and didn't play with any heart. And he hasn't done squat with the Eagles.

ScottD413 Guest

I too miss Kevin Curtis...and Issac Bruce, Henry Ellard, and Flipper Anderson.

Seriously though, what is Bennet's problem? He has been running the wrong routes and dropping passes ever since he got here. He is a bust so far...big time!

Mooselini Guest

Bennett made me sick to my stomach. We paid him that much to be productive, but we all know he can't be. As much as I'm willing to give him another chance this year, he better impress the hell out of me now. I know it's alot to ask for, but he needs to.

I hope Avery beats him out....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast