Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Still no respect

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Still no respect

I just checked some power rankings where the Rams at 3-3 were at #23 while the Pack was #6, Pats were#9 and the Skins were #11 with 3-3 records.Heck, we even beat the Skins! The only bad loss was to the Bears who are #3. The other losses were close games that could have gone either way. I'm ready for some R E S P E C T !!!

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: Still no respect

I saw a power anking that had the Rams at 15 with Arizona, Seattle and Washington all higher even though we beat each one. But, i give no real credence to any power rankings except Nick's!

Rambos is offline Registered User

We lost more games in the last FIVE years then any other team in history. We are 3-3, it's a tad early for respect isn't it?
    RamDez and MauiRam like this.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Well, we'll get a chance to show how we match up against the Pack and the Pats in just a few weeks.

onalaska98 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Well, we'll get a chance to show how we match up against the Pack and the Pats in just a few weeks.
    Shower beers, I am in no way trying to troll here, but how do you see this Sunday's game playing out? I haven't see a dedicated thread on the site about it so I am curious to hear from the Ram's faithful on how the Rams will stack up to the Pack?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I just checked some power rankings where the Rams at 3-3 were at #23 while the Pack was #6, Pats were#9 and the Skins were #11 with 3-3 records.Heck, we even beat the Skins! The only bad loss was to the Bears who are #3. The other losses were close games that could have gone either way. I'm ready for some R E S P E C T !!!
    They should call the homer rankings, because that is all that they are, ranking of teams from homers for the "established" teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    We lost more games in the last FIVE years then any other team in history. We are 3-3, it's a tad early for respect isn't it?
    NO! We are not playing as bad as we did the last 5 years. It is a totally different team, owner, and Coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    Yes, the RAMS will get a chance to show them, but they won't look. Or they will say it was a one off game that so-and-so was looking past.

gap
    Last edited by gap; -10-17-2012 at 11:30 AM.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Power rankings don't matter at this point. I seriously question some, but they usually start getting true towards end of season when teams are more settled in.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes and no. If the Rams could have beat Miami, I think they would have gotten the respect people think they deserve, but since we lost, especially after dominating the stat sheet, we're back on the outside looking in. IMO, that's right where we should be. If the Rams want respect, they have to do better than a fleeting moment over .500.
    macrammer likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
    Shower beers, I am in no way trying to troll here, but how do you see this Sunday's game playing out? I haven't see a dedicated thread on the site about it so I am curious to hear from the Ram's faithful on how the Rams will stack up to the Pack?
    I actually think we have a pretty good chance to keep close and pull the W. Well firstly, we're undefeated at home (3-0). I realize you guys live to air it out, with multiple WR sets. What do we excel in? Stopping the pass. It wont be hard to shut down the run. Alex Green is ok, but I read that he likes to dance too much and avoid straight on contact. That should certainly help.

Rodgers will obviously have a decent game, because he's that good. I think we match up well though. Finley is the most overrated player in the NFL. For 3 years now he's been expected to break out, and still hasn't. We have 3 very good CB's. I expect Cobb to be 100% neutralized as Finnegan will cover him in the slot. Jordy Nelson and James Jones are very talented too though. I'd expect Janoris Jenkins on Nelson. As long as Jenkins doesn't bite on a double move (which he very well may) and doesn't stare into the backfield, he should keep up stride for stride with Nelson, though it is nearly impossible to stop the back shoulder fades you guys love to run.

If we can apply pressure with our rush, we should give you guys some problems. History suggests we should be able too, but Marshall Newhouse has been excellent, so he will very likely neutralize Quinn. I will tell you though, Chris Long is going to be doubled and tripled at least 80% of the game because he will absolutely DEMOLISH Bulaga 1v1.

On offense we should be able to move the ball. We're very effective at running the ball, though you guys did shut down Arian Foster, which was impressive (especially without Raji). It'll be tough to score, but with D.J Smith out, there should be some un-familiarity. We could take advantage of that.

If our Kicker re-gains his confidence, watch out! He's back in the dome too, so a 65 yard FG should be within reach.

I think it'll be a close one, and hope that we can pull it out.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I absolutely agree. They all suck. Completely pointless, wildly subjective, and totally arbitrary.
    Oh, I'm sorry; I thought you meant we still have no respect for power rankings.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by onalaska98 View Post
    Excellent question. Obviously, we have to slow down your passing game. I think we have one of the best corner tandems in the game; I honestly do. Finnegan and Jenkins have been outstanding. I like our nickel and dime corners as well. Not yet sold on the coverage skills of our Safeties, but oh well. Our D-line has been getting good pressure which will help.

What scares me the most is your pass rush. We've never handled 3-4 defenses well, and I truly believe Matthews could make life rough on Sammy.

If our shoddy O-line can keep Sammy upright, I feel we've got a shot. If not, it's gonna be a long day in the Lou for the home team.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Yes and no. If the Rams could have beat Miami, I think they would have gotten the respect people think they deserve, but since we lost, especially after dominating the stat sheet, we're back on the outside looking in. IMO, that's right where we should be. If the Rams want respect, they have to do better than a fleeting moment over .500.
    I guess it comes down to the definition of respect... power rankings are what they are. For me kind of fun to look at but not really about real respect that is earned over the course of more then a handful of wins. Especially after having a losing streak of the magnitude that we are currently in and I'm not even sure it's safe to say that streak is over yet. We are 3-3 with the next three games that could puts us at 3-6. Respect is earned, we beat the next three teams... we will have earned it IMO.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    Not a big fan of rankings because the criteria seem somewhat convoluted and subjective but all of those teams you mentioned have won on the road; in fact all but GB have two road wins , & all outscored The Rams overall by a large margin. GB just put up a forty burger on a previously unbeaten team on the road. That stuff counts for a lot, I suspect. Scraping out wins with good defense will keep a team somewhere in the 10-25 range on most rankings & certainly in contention but it's not gonna get you into the conversation with those that win convincingly , win on the road regularly, and usually score points even when they lose.
    live4ramin likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I guess it comes down to the definition of respect... power rankings are what they are. For me kind of fun to look at but not really about real respect that is earned over the course of more then a handful of wins. Especially after having a losing streak of the magnitude that we are currently in and I'm not even sure it's safe to say that streak is over yet. We are 3-3 with the next three games that could puts us at 3-6. Respect is earned, we beat the next three teams... we will have earned it IMO.
    I don't define "respect" in terms of power ranking alone, but they are a part of the equation in evaluating how the Rams are perceived. I get the feeling that writers, commentators, pundits, and columnists want to be able to heap praise on the Rams, but the Rams are not cooperating.

I think there is no question, if the Rams can somehow win the next three games, they'll get respect from all corners.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I don't bet on football anymore, and for good reasons. One of them is you can't bet with your heart.

But I'm curious, how are our RAMS doing against the spread? That says a lot about how much respect we'll have around the country. I'd say we've somewhat turned some losers into respecters.

Does anyone know?
    Let the hype begin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast