WestSideRamsFan Guest

Stop Blaming Linehan People

am i the only one that sees the fact that our own players are costing us games as much as Linehan. hall's muffed punt, holts fumble, Wilkins missed field goals, constant injuries, Jackson fumbles, etc. Lets see how many people can coach a team to winning games with these kind of plays plus the injuries that we have. i'm sorry but not even Bill Walsh himself could save us. I mean i dont like Linehan but i dont hate him either but lets give him a break. i think alot of people are spoiled and expect more then is possible. In the LA days there would be no injuries and we would still lose. At least now i can face people and convincingly argue that our whole O line is injured and receive nods of agreement in return. Support the coach during these tough times and don't bash him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Stop Blaming Linehan People

Support the coach...

Why?

Sure, there are holes on the roster. Sure, there have been significant injuries. Sure, good players have made bad errors.

But you can't tell me that the coaching staff has done a good job of preparing the team, gameplanning, playcalling and adjusting within games. They haven't.

So, if this season continues the way it is now going, why not make a change? After all, the coaching staff is the one area where you can always make a change. You don't have to have high draft choices. You don't have to have cap money. You just have to have the willingness to admit that a change is needed.

How can you NOT feel that way right now?

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Support the coach...

Why?

Sure, there are holes on the roster. Sure, there have been significant injuries. Sure, good players have made bad errors.

But you can't tell me that the coaching staff has done a good job of preparing the team, gameplanning, playcalling and adjusting within games. They haven't.

So, if this season continues the way it is now going, why not make a change? After all, the coaching staff is the one area where you can always make a change. You don't have to have high draft choices. You don't have to have cap money. You just have to have the willingness to admit that a change is needed.

How can you NOT feel that way right now?
    actually Linehan did what everybody on clanram wanted him to do ...RUN THE BALL... ok so he ran the ball.....then what? we adjusted our playcalling and moved the ball effectively just for Bulger to give it away...and by the way the interception in the endzone was an audible most likely called by MR bulger himself.....but its easier to just blame Linehan

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Actually, on two occasions he ran the ball until he was close, then he abandoned the run, became impatient, and and tried to get it all on one play (result: no points).

BigGameMN Guest

Well all I can say is that this team has an amazing 9 points in the 2nd half. I think we've been outscored 48-9 in the 2nd half to be exact.

That goes straight to the coaches. Absolutely no half time adjustments. The other teams go in at the half, adjust, then come out and shut us down while we do nothing. That is the coaches.

blood85 Guest

Nice, it's good to see that our Kicker is our leading scorer in the 2nd half.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Ok EastsideRamfan, your right. Just trade Bulger, Holt, S. Jackson to someteam that wants them. The fire the rest of the offense and defense. That will fix everything-clean slate. Besides these guys are all has beens and washed up. Simple and dirrect.

OR maybe Linehan ought to find creative ways to motivating what he has

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Ok EastsideRamfan, your right. Just trade Bulger, Holt, S. Jackson to someteam that wants them. The fire the rest of the offense and defense. That will fix everything-clean slate. Besides these guys are all has beens and washed up. Simple and dirrect.

OR maybe Linehan ought to find creative ways to motivating what he has
    I would think that a continuing paycheck might be motivation? Outside the signing bonus not much is guaranteed?

Small threat there for anyone worth their check though as another team would sign them in a heartbeat.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I think that's it's worth pointing out that it's not a simple thing we're seeing here. It's not the fault of one man.

It takes a team effort to win and it sure as hell takes one to lose.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Rams record at 0-3. Up to now, I support Coach Linehan. :r

The way things are going right now, it would not be surprising to finish the season at 8-8 or even 7-9.

And I would still support LS.

I don't deny the fact that several scoring opportunities have been squandered, mainly due to poor play calling. In other words, the offense has ... very obvious to all of us ... failed, and whether it is Coach Olson directly or SL that has had the hand in these calls, it is ... again, very evident to all of us ... the HC's overall duty and responsibility to make it clic.

To me however, the necessary explanation is, because it has to be, i.e., logically, the onslought of injuries that has decimated our OL. Three OL: Steussie / Pace / Incognito (not counting today's additional casualty, Setterstrom), and even WR Bennett are the root factors of present day trial and turmoil.

IMO, these injuries have literally and severely changed the Rams offense production plans to the point that we, the 'true experts of pro football', can condemn and criticize so adamantly while asking for the coaches heads, namely, those of Linehan and Olson.

No, I don't think SL is a bad coach. This injuries situation, on just his 2nd year, is what has him walking amidst a field of mines; to think that in 2007 he was still getting 'the feel' of the troops. ...But so much has altered the vital plans: plan 'A' and plan 'B' alike. And he's improvising as best he can.

My support for our Coach, even if challenged throughout the remaining of the season by similar results to what the Rams have achieved at this point, week 3, will be steadfast and sincere.

GO FOR IT COACH! GO RAMS! :bash:
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-24-2007 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Spelling bee

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Good teams find ways to win as simple as that. Even if Wilkins hadn't missed any field goals today, we'd only have 9 points. Bulger's interceptions were partly his fault and partly bad play-calling. Every team has to deal with injuries. That's not an excuse to lose to a team that is clearly less talented like the Bucs or *****.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Rams record at 0-3. Up to now, I support Coach Linehan. :r

The way things are going right now, it would not be surprising to finish the season at 8-8 or even 7-9.

And I would still support LS.

I don't deny the fact that several scoring opportunities have been squandered, mainly due to poor play calling. In other words, the offense has ... very obvious to all of us ... failed, and whether it is Coach Olson directly or SL that has had the hand in these calls, it is ... again, very evident to all of us ... the HC's overall duty and responsibility to make it clic.

To me however, the necessary explanation is, because it has to be, logically, the onslought of injuries that has decimated our OL. Three OL: Steussie / Pace / Incognito (not counting today's additional casualty, Setterstrom), and even WR Bennett are the root factors of today's turmoil.

IMO, these injuries have literally and severely changed the Rams offense production plans to the point that we, the 'true experts of pro football', can condemn and criticize so adamantly while asking for the coaches heads, namely, those of Linehan and Olson.

No, I don't think SL is a bad coach. This injuries situation, on just his 2nd year, is what has him walking amidst a field of mines; to think that in 2007 he was still getting 'the feel' of the troops. ...But so much has altered the vital plans: plan 'A' and plan 'B' alike. And he's improvising as best he can.

My support for our Coach, even if challenged throughout the remaining of the season by similar results to what the Rams have achieved at this point, week 3, will be steadfast and sincere.

GO FOR IT COACH! GO RAMS! :bash:
    I think this is a fairly comprehensive summary of how a lot of us feel.

I think Ram Dragoon has a good point however, when he talks of motivation. Its going to be really interesting to see how the O lines up for the Dallas game in the wake of this and how Olsen and Linehan use what they have left.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    I think Ram Dragoon has a good point however, when he talks of motivation. It's going to be really interesting to see how the O lines up for the Dallas game in the wake of this and how Olson and Linehan use what they have left.
    Agreed. Dallas is going to attack like crazy sharks smelling blood -- and at home, in their waters. Big, big challenge for the Rams to knock the teeth out from those cowfish.

You're right, Fleece, good teams find ways to win. We're quite a ways from that, aren't we...