Thread: Stop stop stop!

Will51 is offline Registered User

Stop stop stop!

everyone please listen, take a deep breath, and relax! the rams will do fine, what people do not understand is we played against the leading rusher last night and the nfc south champs, yes they ran rapid on us but it is pre-season, i can assure you 100% that no coach in the league shows there "master plan" on defense in the pre-season, that being said these 4 games our played for one reason and one reason only, and that is to see which players will execute and make the necessary play that they are put in position to make, almost all of the big runs we gave up were due to missed tackles, and to be honest thats kinda good because atleast our players were in the position to make the play they are just rusty from not playing foot ball in months against a playoff team and they whiffed, its no big deal because under linehan our players were never even in position to make the the tackles due to poor schemes.playoff teams lose every year in the preseason and the bad teams win, vise versa. it means nothing! butler looked awesome,atogwa was everywhere and laurinitis is picking it up

TorontoRams is offline Registered User

Re: Stop stop stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    everyone please listen, take a deep breath, and relax! the rams will do fine, what people do not understand is we played against the leading rusher last night and the nfc south champs, yes they ran rapid on us but it is pre-season, i can assure you 100% that no coach in the league shows there "master plan" on defense in the pre-season, that being said these 4 games our played for one reason and one reason only, and that is to see which players will execute and make the necessary play that they are put in position to make, almost all of the big runs we gave up were due to missed tackles, and to be honest thats kinda good because atleast our players were in the position to make the play they are just rusty from not playing foot ball in months against a playoff team and they whiffed, its no big deal because under linehan our players were never even in position to make the the tackles due to poor schemes.playoff teams lose every year in the preseason and the bad teams win, vise versa. it means nothing! butler looked awesome,atogwa was everywhere and laurinitis is picking it up
    The Carolina Panthers won the NFC South last year.

Action_Jackson is offline Registered User

I'm not getting carried away with things due to it being pre season.

However, you cant tell me that Spags allowed Ryan, Turner, White and Gonzalez murder us on 2 consecutive drives as its only pre season.

That will do nothing for the confidence at all.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Will51 View Post
    My brain says, "yeah maybe", but my heart says "this is what I thought last year during pre-season, and the year before". We all know where that went.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Well those trying to make the team, their performance didn't win them many points.

More to the point-the defensive line getting blown up like that.... Scheming is one thing, but physical play is another. I hope this isn't a shadow of last years team

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Gaging performance in pre season for a 1st time is kind of a waste of time to me.. The Lions have went 3-1 and 4-0 a few times in the last 10 seasons... one year joey harrington had 2 consecutive 100% completions and both over10 attempts... Not saying our boys lookd good by any means but this doesn't mortally doom the rest of the year..