Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    keith m. klink Guest

Stop Your Whining ...

I can't believe that some of you guy's can't see what a huge signing this is . in my other post i said this will be the biggest signing this year . you have too be crazy if you think this was a mistake or he was paid too much .

With the tandem of BROWN and JONES ( sounds like a law firm don't it ) the RAMS will be set at those positions for a decade . and wouldn't it be great knowing that for the next 10 years that we could be sending those two players to the probowl many many times .

stop complaining and be thankful and happy the team jumped on this guy like they did . if this is some of DEVANEY'S work , he's started out on the right track .

RedArcher7 Guest

Re: Stop Your Whining ...

You are aware he's a kicker right?

majorram is offline Registered User

I really don't get excited about a kicker but yep they could make a great pair!!

steve:l
    Last edited by majorram; -03-01-2008 at 11:57 AM.
    "The breakfast Club"

keith m. klink Guest

well then , i'm quessing that JUSTIN MEDLOCK was fine for you , he's just a kicker too . it's evident that this was nothing important in your mind from your comment . but if we wanted a young strong legged kicker that was going to be in the same class as WILKINS , than the people that know football , know that this was an awesome move ( to grab a top tier kicker and steal it from our division rivals ) and and there are other who think that we are not aware that BROWN is indeed a kicker .

RedArcher7 Guest

Getting a good kicker is a good thing, however you're putting way too much into it. A kicker doesn't make the team great, and a punter? Give me a break. When we sign a real player I'll be happier, sorry if I don't put us in the Superbowl next year because of our kicking game...

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    well then , i'm quessing that JUSTIN MEDLOCK was fine for you , he's just a kicker too . it's evident that this was nothing important in your mind from your comment . but if we wanted a young strong legged kicker that was going to be in the same class as WILKINS , than the people that know football , know that this was an awesome move ( to grab a top tier kicker and steal it from our division rivals ) and and there are other who think that we are not aware that BROWN is indeed a kicker .
    So we signed a kicker who was just as good as our old one but for a lot more money. Would you be just as excited about our kicker if he hadn't retired? We already had a great kicker and he obviously didn't make a difference at all last year. We have the same skilled kicker this year and this is supposed to make more of a difference...how exactly? I mean besides leaving us less room to sign other players.

I'm happy we have Brown on the Roster, I'm not happy that we're back in the same boat we were minus Bruce with about the same amount of money we had before.
    Last edited by Milan; -03-01-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm happy we have Brown on the Roster, I'm not happy that we're back in the same boat we were minus Bruce with about the same amount of money we had before.
    Double check your numbers.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I'll be happy when we get an offensive line that can get us in scoring position to utilize Brown. If Bulger's getting punched in the face because we dont get o-line help Brown will just be an overpriced kicker that kicks a few field goals on a losing team next year.
    Just Fix It

hoosierdaddy Guest

When we beat the Seahawks next season because they miss a last second field goal, a lot of people will be singing a different tune.

Mooselini Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'll be happy when we get an offensive line that can get us in scoring position to utilize Brown. If Bulger's getting punched in the face because we dont get o-line help Brown will just be an overpriced kicker that kicks a few field goals on a losing team next year.
    Great post. OLine is important to his skill. If we cant get past the 50 yard line, Brown is useless.

Trust me, I'm very pleased that Brown is now part of the team. It's a little odd in how much we payed him, but we still have plenty of cap space left.

moklerman Guest

Brown has been on a pretty good Seatlle team the last couple of years and hasn't finished as the top kicker in any category. He's good but how is it smart paying a 5th-15th ranked kicker? He's making more than freakin' Vinateri! The Rams have a loooooooong list of needs and aren't exactly pleasing their fanbase with other moves they're making so they decide that paying more for a kicker than anyone ever has is the right move? The team is apparently strapped for cap space but it can afford to shell out money to a kicker that realistically could finish outside the top 10 in points?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Great post. OLine is important to his skill. If we cant get past the 50 yard line, Brown is useless.
    Trust me, I'm very pleased that Brown is now part of the team. It's a little odd in how much we payed him, but we still have plenty of cap space left.
    This should give our O-line incentive to get us past the 50 ... Josh is a very good signing

moklerman Guest

Josh is a very good signing
    In a vacuum, yes. With all of the needs the team has...and the front office is creating, spending what little cap space there is on a kicker is STUPID. The top free agent kicker last year(Feely) got $2 million a year and look how important he was to the Dolphins. Now the Rams are shelling out almost $3 million a year for Brown, who had a career year last year and still finished 7th in points? How is kicker a priority for a team that never gets to the red zone? If it was three years ago, sure this would be a fine pickup. It's a luxury pickup. The Rams don't even have a backup QB for Christ's sake!

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
    When we beat the Seahawks next season because they miss a last second field goal, a lot of people will be singing a different tune.
    That's the spirit!!!
    heck, I'll start singing now if it'll help...

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Getting a good kicker is a good thing, however you're putting way too much into it. A kicker doesn't make the team great, and a punter? Give me a break. When we sign a real player I'll be happier, sorry if I don't put us in the Superbowl next year because of our kicking game...
    I'm sorry, I thought that one single kicker has been completely responsible for 4 super bowl rings in the last 7 seasons.

Vinatieri first kicked the Pats to three three point victories and then with the Colts single handedly got them past Baltimore. I kicker puts the icing on the cake.

Maybe you forget how Brown has screwed up royally the last few years, especially in the dome. I think he'll be a great signing for the next decade as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-01-2008, 03:00 PM