throwback week

swatter555 is offline Registered User

A strange argument to make, but here goes...

I think we should scale back on Jackson a great deal when it becomes apparent we are going to lose, which is usually in the 1st or 2nd quarter. I just think it is a crime we are running him into the ground (IMO he could be the best RB in the league) for such a horrible team.

In a couple of years when we might have a decent team, if he continues to carry like he is, he will be run down. It is such a shame to waste such talent, I almost want to see him traded to a good team to see him live out his potential.

I just hate seeing such an exciting player being wasted, I think it will be a loss to football history. Of course I want him to remain a Ram, but he will likely be sentenced to mediocrity for the rest of him career.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: A strange argument to make, but here goes...

The life of a RB is a short one...am mostly in aggreement with this last post. By the time the Rams have it turned around, S. Jackson will be sharing beers on Sundays talking of days gone bye

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Everything the rams do and will do is wasted, as long as they continue to play "not to lose" instead of playing to win.

The team desperately needed a win today. How precious a little confidance could be, yet how elusive.

Play to win, Spagnoulo. Verily, the football gods will smile upon thee.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-18-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    "The horror"

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

So you want to limit his carries. Ok im gonna tell you what will happen if you limit his carries. He will get beyond pissed because he will think he isnt helping the team, the team on numerous occasions he has said he wants to stick with and help win. He will get fed up and feel put out. He will certainly sink into mediocrity with less carries. I was listening to the commentary on the game today, they said that nfl defensive players asked what rb they hate going against, unanimously they said steven jackson. He is one of the most feared players in the nfl today, he is known as a star player and you have to stack 9 people in the box to even try to stop him. How is he sinking into mediocrity again? The 4th leading rusher in the nfl sinking into obscurity? You have got to be kidding. This man is our team. You want to limit one of the only great players on our team. Really, why?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Haven't the Rams already been scaling back Jackson's carries??

01d-

I feel for your argument, he is our offense. Yet, for all of his work he has little to show for it. The respect of fellow players means alot I am sure, but he is likely playing his prime years with a horrible team. From a fans perspective, I want to see him play, but I don't want to see him waste his talent in games that mean nothing.

I am not suggesting radical action, but in games (like versus the Colts) where we are going to be knocked out right away, limit SJAX's carries to under 20. The futility of our passing attack could see Jackson carrying the ball 25 times in a blow out.

I am at a loss for words expressing exactly what I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Everything the rams do and will do is wasted, as long as they continue to play "not to lose" instead of playing to win.

The team desperately needed a win today. How precious a little confidance could be, yet how elusive.

Play to win, Spagnoulo. Verily, the football gods will smile upon thee.
    Are you kidding? Playing not to lose???

We could play with reckless abandon and still be beat by some college teams. We suck beyond words. We are not talking inches here, we are talking light years from acceptable NFL play. Do we watch the same team? If we lose by less than 25 points, it is considered an improvement. If we outscore the 1978 Bucs, we will consider than an accomplishment.

No, no, this goes far beyond playcalling.