throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Re: Strange Day At Rams Park

Your on a lake---your boat has holes, logic dictates you try and fill or patch the holes--NOT drill and make holes in your boat!!

Atogwe---sheeez! this is a no brainer, work a deal!
    Little---yet another no brainier, work a deal!
    etc...etc...there is no question the brain trust that is in FO knows who and worth isn't an asset. A simple cause and affect arguement goes that for every departure in the Rams camp is yet another need to fill; in the NFL it gets more complicated--its what you fill in terms of talent that matters.

Perhaps the Rams Brain Trust is banking on a worst case situation for an un-capped year and a weak general economy. Well, someone ought to remind FO of another worst case situation. That of fielding another loosing team and ticket sales.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Is it possible we burned our entire scouting budget on possible UFAs who are now RFAs and are therefore scrambling to get available players we know of.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Very strange indeed. All these potential changes are killing me. I don't want to lose Atogwe but it looks like he will be playing for another team this season. Would be strange to see Little on another team too. Carolina is home for him if I remember correctly. He could be tempted by them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Very strange indeed. All these potential changes are killing me. I don't want to lose Atogwe but it looks like he will be playing for another team this season. Would be strange to see Little on another team too. Carolina is home for him if I remember correctly. He could be tempted by them.
    yea with Peppers gone now, this looks like a perfect fit for Little,I would have liked to had him back if only for passing situations,but I hope he does well down there.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Maybe it's the players they don't want to play for the Rams, heck would you?
    It would be like buying rental property in Afghanistan wouldn't it?
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Your on a lake---your boat has holes, logic dictates you try and fill or patch the holes--NOT drill and make holes in your boat!!

Atogwe---sheeez! this is a no brainer, work a deal!
    Little---yet another no brainier, work a deal!
    etc...etc...there is no question the brain trust that is in FO knows who and worth isn't an asset. A simple cause and affect arguement goes that for every departure in the Rams camp is yet another need to fill; in the NFL it gets more complicated--its what you fill in terms of talent that matters.
    So we're simply not trying to fill holes i guess is what your trying to say?

Getting a deal done with Atogwe is easier said then done. I'm sure he's asking for more money then the Rams thinks he is worth and you don't just pay a guy w/e he wants, especially when he's not ray lewis or peyton manning, just a good player.

Little isn't a "no-brainer" because he's not even sure if wants to return or not. If he does he has the right to shop around elsewhere, though i think he'd be more inclined to continue in saint louis.

You also don't keep sorry players who weren't getting it done because you don't want more holes on your roster, you plug them up with other players through draft and occasionally through FA.

You said "etc, etc" but what else is there?

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Btw Peoria, 3 mill/year is the going rate for back-up QBs. I'm sure Feeley was brought in due to his knowledge of the offense, experience, and ability as a stop gap guy that can mentor, i think that equates to more then simply "back-up".

I'm curious to see how fans would handle the Atogwe situation...(besides overpaying him to death..)

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Btw Peoria, 3 mill/year is the going rate for back-up QBs. I'm sure Feeley was brought in due to his knowledge of the offense, experience, and ability as a stop gap guy that can mentor, i think that equates to more then simply "back-up".

I'm curious to see how fans would handle the Atogwe situation...(besides overpaying him to death..)
    Give him Feeley's money and pretend Feeley never existed like we should have?

And $3 million is only paid to exceptionally talented backups, not 3rd string, never-were hacks like Feeley.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Give him Feeley's money and pretend Feeley never existed like we should have?

And $3 million is only paid to exceptionally talented backups, not 3rd string, never-were hacks like Feeley.
    Really? Because Chris Simms was paid three million a year to back up Orton in Denver, and in his 3 games last year he had a passer rating of 15.1

Dan Orlovsky was paid 9 and a bit million over 3 years to be the third string QB behind Matt Schaub and Rex Grossman

Neither of those guys are what i would call exceptionally talented

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12