Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Strauss: Time For Rams To Produce

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    If you think of it 3 years in the NFL is an eternity. Lots of contracts start to get pricy, lots of players are cut do to salary cap considerations, player's get older-some retire. But most importantly fans start getting restless. With the Rams its been a long time that we have something to cheer about.

Here is a question for all those out there....would you accept another 7-9 season at the end of 2014? Are you willing to wait another 2 years before the Rams become credible and stop being everyone else's door mats?
    I doubt 2 years. Most of us are probably willing to accept a 8-8/9-7 2014 season. Mainly because of how difficult the division is. However, not willing to accept no playoffs in 2015.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Strauss: Time For Rams To Produce

Quote Originally Posted by RuffRams View Post
    I doubt 2 years. Most of us are probably willing to accept a 8-8/9-7 2014 season. Mainly because of how difficult the division is. However, not willing to accept no playoffs in 2015.
    Willing? Not willing in 2015? What are you going to do if you're "not willing" - become a whiner fan? Stop watching the NFL? C'mon man .. The very unpredictability is at the core of why we watch.

Randart is offline Registered User

I keep comparing this regime' of coach GM and FO group to the LA Kings Hockey club... Under GM Dean-O Lombardi took 5 to 6 years for them to hit the pinnicle. Started in 2006 then won the cup in 2011-12 season. I see so many similarities in these organizations and management groups! And so will I be calling for heads to fall if we have a down season this year or even the one after? No so long as we keep infusing the team with young talent and they keep learning what it will take to succeed that is enough for me to keep believing we have the right pieces in place to be a very good team for years to come.

Having seen it happen with my own two eyes even went to practices at the Toyota Health South Center the first few years and watched that team the Kings grow into a perrennial playoffs team. I know or feel that this group is heading in the same and right direction as that group did and still is going. Ran a company and a competitive team myself back in the 70's so I do have some experiance in this stuff as well. No it was not football or hockey but another sport. Still simialr mentality paying homage to your own home grown talent and adding some special guys along the way. Also respecting your history and that of your sport all great things the Rams Org does now with this group more than any group they have had running that team in my recent memory!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

I think Fish and Sneed are building a team with the potential for a "Vermeil" to step in and guide these children to the playoffs. Last year showed me Fisher's staff isn't whole. I like Fisher, but he won't fix the weaknesses in his coaching staff.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    I think Fish and Sneed are building a team with the potential for a "Vermeil" to step in and guide these children to the playoffs. Last year showed me Fisher's staff isn't whole. I like Fisher, but he won't fix the weaknesses in his coaching staff.
    Exactly what I been saying this last season and especially after the end of this last one. Now, I do see an improvement on the defensive side of the ball with coaching staff change. However--the offensive side, I am not thrilled that the Rams haven't made a change there, either in staff, play selection, or the play book. Am willing to concede I could be wrong about the Ram's OC provided I am proved wrong. Lots of fan's where in the "Josh McDaniel's Lets Give him a Chance" fan club when it was obvious his SPREAD OFFENSE as a complete and total failure coming out of preseason--which I pointed out.

So yes 2014 still is the Fisher make it or break it year. He and his staff have a lot to do. Nothing really has been done with the OL save for Saffold but that is thanks to the Raider's and nothing to do with Snead/Fisher. Dunbar, that is a good step taken. But what else has been done? Where is a solid number 2 QB--going to take one in the draft maybe; hopefully they already have their guy picked out if that is the case. Where is the other OL pickups--going to get that done in the draft too? How about some more help with the WR core, again the draft? Lastly where is the depth throughout the entire team?

The leaders of this division have a team in place and are looking at solidifying positions and finding replacements. That is where the Rams SHOULD BE. If the Cards can do it in a season, I can't see where it takes the Rams 5. Its not all about bodies and talent in the NFL...much of it has to do with the brains of the organization.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12