Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    coachalgreer is offline Registered User

Talking Strength & Conditioning Coach LeDuc? lol

Head strength and conditioning coach Dana LeDuc got the ax!!
    Can you say "don't let the door hit you on your way out?" Heck, I'd be
    happy to help him pack his bags. With our lack of physicality and softness at the point of attack, I have wondered for some time if the Rams were the only NFL team that trained exclusively with the BOFLEX. Lets not mention the injury history of our players. I don't know his background but I can say with conviction that he did a lack luster job in St. Louis.

So long screwy, we don't need you in the Louie!! Good luck stealing from another ... I mean landing a job with another franchise. Here is my advise to you. You may want to consider leaving your latest body of work off of your resume. GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Strength & Conditioning Coach LeDuc? lol

Agreed. If ever there was an area of need, it is strength and conditioning. The Rams have been soft and have worn down in the 4th quarter, unable to summon up that "litle extra something" to seal a win. That speaks to poor conditioning on top of a losing mentality. Couple that with some of the various injuries that seem to dog us (esp. Steven Jackson) and what you have is a strength and conditioning program that needs to be totally revamped.

With what figures to be a much more physical brand of football offered by Steve Spagnuolo, the Rams will have no choice but to be tougher and in better shape. I'm sure he'll hire a guy who will get it done.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

People, the strength & conditioning coach cannot teach having heart. Unfortunately, many of our players suffered from that through the year. For the record, Tye Hill started it in the 2nd quarter of the game against the Eagles in Philly in Week 1. By the end of the game, a number of other players contracted the affliction. The special teamers, except Josh Brown, seemed to have been vaccinated from the affliction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    People, the strength & conditioning coach cannot teach having heart. Unfortunately, many of our players suffered from that through the year. For the record, Tye Hill started it in the 2nd quarter of the game against the Eagles in Philly in Week 1. By the end of the game, a number of other players contracted the affliction. The special teamers, except Josh Brown, seemed to have been vaccinated from the affliction.
    That and, apparently people have forgotten that LeDuc joined the Rams in 1999. I guess he had nothing to do with the good years but was the reason for the bad years. Tough crowd.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Hey, what are you trying to say?

Aren't Bowflexs supposed to give you a toned, sexy body?

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Hey, what are you trying to say?

Aren't Bowflexs supposed to give you a toned, sexy body?
    Only if you use it for weight lifting and not as a clothes hanger....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Only if you use it for weight lifting and not as a clothes hanger....
    Ohhhhhhhhh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    That and, apparently people have forgotten that LeDuc joined the Rams in 1999. I guess he had nothing to do with the good years but was the reason for the bad years. Tough crowd.

Yes, and that's why he kept his job for 8 years. But now he's accountable for the recent string of poor performances just like any other coach. Conditioning and toughness run hand in hand. Why do you think the Rams are regarded as a "soft" team? Any football person will tell you that losing games by getting knocked around in the 4th quarter speaks to poor conditioning. Couple that with the Rams mentally soft nature and lack of resolve in overcoming tough circumstances and what you end up with is a 2 win season.

On top of all that, there are those who feel the Rams have endured more than their fair share of muscle injuries- and one of the things that must be looked at by those in the know is the team's strength and conditionng program.

This team is eventually going to be a much different team than the Rams we're used to seeing. It is not going to be the high-flyin' circus of the early part of the decade; it is going to be a tough, grind-it-out, get after it type of NFC East style football. And you can be sure that Spagnuolo is going to bring in the personnel he feels will shape that approach- and that especially involves the strength and conditioning coach.

FOR SALE: Three Bow-Flex machines. Minor use, great shape. Make offer to St. Louis Rams, One Rams Way, Earth City, MO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Yes, and that's why he kept his job for 8 years. But now he's accountable for the recent string of poor performances just like any other coach. Conditioning and toughness run hand in hand. Why do you think the Rams are regarded as a "soft" team? Any football person will tell you that losing games by getting knocked around in the 4th quarter speaks to poor conditioning. Couple that with the Rams mentally soft nature and lack of resolve in overcoming tough circumstances and what you end up with is a 2 win season.

On top of all that, there are those who feel the Rams have endured more than their fair share of muscle injuries- and one of the things that must be looked at by those in the know is the team's strength and conditionng program.

This team is eventually going to be a much different team than the Rams we're used to seeing. It is not going to be the high-flyin' circus of the early part of the decade; it is going to be a tough, grind-it-out, get after it type of NFC East style football. And you can be sure that Spagnuolo is going to bring in the personnel he feels will shape that approach- and that especially involves the strength and conditioning coach.
    I certainly have no issue with them moving on. I've been on board with a complete house cleaning from the start. But I also think the rejoicing over the departure of the Strength and Conditioning Coach is a little over the top.

These guys are professional athletes. It is their responsibility to have their bodies in top shape and ready to go. Their bodies are their tool. Many of them don't even regularly participate in the strength and conditioning programs the team has set up for them, choosing instead to do their training at home in the off season with their own trainers.

I'm glad Spagnuolo is bringing in his own guys. But Dana LeDuc has to rate pretty far down the list of problems with this team. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    I certainly have no issue with them moving on. I've been on board with a complete house cleaning from the start. But I also think the rejoicing over the departure of the Strength and Conditioning Coach is a little over the top.

These guys are professional athletes. It is their responsibility to have their bodies in top shape and ready to go. Their bodies are their tool. Many of them don't even regularly participate in the strength and conditioning programs the team has set up for them, choosing instead to do their training at home in the off season with their own trainers.

I'm glad Spagnuolo is bringing in his own guys. But Dana LeDuc has to rate pretty far down the list of problems with this team. That's all.

Yeah, HornIt, you're right. To overemphasize the strength and conditioning coach as the main reason for the team's failures is over the top. Nonetheless, I think it is reasonable that many have questioned how our program is being implemented.

Your point about pro athletes taking pride in themselves by getting in shape is a valid one, yet surprisingly not all of them do- which is why you need coaches to constantly reinforce and oversee the conditioning program. It is human nature to be lazy, even for athletes. You would think they would willingly follow the established program to the letter, but truth be told some guys do not.

I really think people are going to be surprised at the transition this team eventually makes from being a "soft" team to one of the more gritty teams in the conference.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Let's not lose sight of the fact that players are the primary reason we've been losing, not coaches; although they do have a stake in all the problems. I think the Head Coach will set the tone for toughness and conditioning by keeping players on the roster who adapt to his style. The S & C Coach merely implements the program set down by the HC.

Bottom line, we're going to be a tougher team because of Spagnuolo not the S & C Coach.

Go Rams!

richtree is offline Registered User

good, get him out of here

with the injurys on this team of last 2 years we need a new approach

speed and power !!!!!!!!!!!!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    FOR SALE: Three Bow-Flex machines. Minor use, great shape. Make offer to St. Louis Rams, One Rams Way, Earth City, MO
    Well there's the problem....a 53 man roster and only 3 BOWFLEXES available?

SHEEEESH!

diehard99 is offline Registered User

Maybe they should have sent him the movie RUDY. Enjoyed your post AlphaRam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast