Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In summary...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: In summary...

adarian has been unbalanced for years.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    You are unbalanced right now adarian. Are you trying to say that you want to be balanced again?

That friggin' asss Reputation Keeper in the corner says "Positive" and I resent the implication ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    All of my arguments with ATC combined were nothing in comparison to the Treatises on Nothing that have dominated the boards lately.
    Well then, please kind sir, make a list of subjects that we peons are allowed to discuss.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

All of my arguments with ATC combined were nothing in comparison to the Treatises on Nothing that have dominated the boards lately.
    Since I have been active in these supposed Treatises on Nothing, I fart in your general direction, sir!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Its not merely a matter of what subjects. Its the way they are discussed.

The best analogy I could make to the way this board has been treating topics lately is the scene in "Tommy Boy" when Chris Farley describes how he treats his "sales."

Rent it if you haven't seen it.

Here, I found the audio to the scene I'm referring to:

Chris Farley The Bad Salesman

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The best analogy I could make to the way this board has been treating topics lately is the scene in "Tommy Boy" when Chris Farley describes how he treats his "sales."
    Wow, this sounds like an insult to me. First we get lectured, then instructed, then insulted. What's next!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Its not merely a matter of what subjects. Its the way they are discussed.

Rent it if you haven't seen it.
    Oh I do apologize. After you make that list of subjects that we are allowed to discuss, please educate us by describing the proper procedure in discussion of said subjects. But be careful not to type too fast or use multi-syllabic words as we might get confused.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Wow, this sounds like an insult to me. First we get lectured, then instructed, then insulted. What's next!
    More instruction and more lecturing. That's what is next. Avenger is trying to get the bunch back in line. He fancies himself in charge of directing our thought process here and apparently he thinks we have strayed from the proper course. hehehe

Of course I don't see anything wrong with discussing the move from LA, history with Georgia, and the last game played. At least it's football, not religion. :tongue:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

More instruction and more lecturing. That's what is next. Avenger is trying to get the bunch back in line. He fancies himself in charge of directing our thought process here and apparently he thinks we have strayed from the proper course. hehehe
    Yes, that rascal Av. I'm on to his game, and he won't get a free pass from me! I almost thought he might be starting his next April Fools thread early. LOL

Of course I don't see anything wrong with discussing the move from LA, history with Georgia, and the last game played. At least it's football, not religion.
    Excellent point UtterBlitz, the religion thing is something our friend Av forgot to own up to.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Here's a guide for those of you that are having trouble navigating through your Clanram experience without ruffling Avenger's feathers:

1. Stay away from all threads, except those started by Avenger.

2. If you do have the temerity to reply to a Not-Started-by-Avenger topic, make sure you only reply after he has replied, and make sure the general gist of your thoughts are in agreement with the views held by Avenger.

3. Start 10 threads a day that are critical of Warner, even though he is no longer a Ram.

3. Remember this rule....if you don't think it would make an interesting thread.....make a poll out of it.

4. Lots of compliments about Spiralhorn Lore never hurt.

5. Give generously to your local Bar Association.

Just a few helpful hints to maximise your Clanram experience....

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude
    Here's a guide for those of you that are having trouble navigating through your Clanram experience without ruffling Avenger's feathers:

1. Stay away from all threads, except those started by Avenger.
    There are threads that I didn't start?

2. If you do have the temerity to reply to a Not-Started-by-Avenger topic, make sure you only reply after he has replied, and make sure the general gist of your thoughts are in agreement with the views held by Avenger.
    That sounds like sage advice to me.

3. Start 10 threads a day that are critical of Warner, even though he is no longer a Ram.
    Oh, come now. When was the last time I started a supposed anti-Warner thread. I mean, other than the "Top 10 Reasons Kurt Warner is Worse than Sadaam Hussein" thread I started yesterday.

3. Remember this rule....if you don't think it would make an interesting thread.....make a poll out of it.
    If that were indeed the rule, I shudder to think how many polls would actually be posted.

4. Lots of compliments about Spiralhorn Lore never hurt.
    Well you know what they say... flattery will get you everywhere.

5. Give generously to your local Bar Association.
    Boy did you miss the mark with that one. If you think I show arrogant disdain for my fellow Clan members, you should hear what I think of my fellow attorneys.

Just a few helpful hints to maximise your Clanram experience....
    Hey... this would make a good poll... "Thing that will maximize your ClanRam experience the most." I'll have to get to work on that.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

1. Yes, Martz made a mistake. But its only a mistake anyone cares about because of how the game ultimately turned out. If the Rams pull the game out in OT, nobody cares what he did at the end of the game. Let it go.

4. Georgia Frontiere is the owner. As Ram fans, we need not like her. Just be happy she doesn't try to be the General Manager.
    1. Some don't believe Martz made a mistake, so it's not as simple as you make it out to be. It's still a mistake whether the Rams win or lose. Martz has been criticized for bonehead play calls and game mismanagement when the team won the game as well. It can't be properly let go until Martz is no longer viewed as the sacred cow. It is rather sickening reading the spin that Martz was a genuis for his end of regulation decisions.

4. Whatever, she hired john shaw and has yet to fire him. Sorry, but I won't be happy with her until she is no longer the owner of the Rams.

:ramlogo:

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

No, you got it all wrong!!!!

It's the motel room scene in "Plains Trains and Automobiles" -- when Steve Martin is getting after John Candy about never having a point with his stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    No, you got it all wrong!!!!

It's the motel room scene in "Plains Trains and Automobiles" -- when Steve Martin is getting after John Candy about never having a point with his stories.
    That's a good one too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast