Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Summary of Orlando Pace Interview on Sirius Radio

First of all, I know the Postons are known for hiring guys that aren't exactly the sharpest knife in the shed, and I'm not sure what his Wonderlic was, but Pace sounded very VERY intelligent in the interview. Didn't fumble for words, answered questions very professionally. He surprised me, that's for sure.

Anyways, some tidbits...

-Orlando Pace said the Rams were in a situation where they had to pass against the Pats and it didn't work out. Said they wanted to take advantage of a weakened secondary.

-He hopes the Rams can get a chance to run the ball this week.

-Pace didn't notice that Troy Brown was in the secondary because he was focused on the line, but said Martz wanted to attack them, but the Pats were prepared and ready.

-They have to get Steven the ball more, and said he thinks Martz will get him the ball. Said he ran the ball well in practice.

-Pace says that the offense needs a complete game with no hiccups on offense, and they need to be able to run the ball to be effective and put points on the board. Said he thinks Seattle will be fired up and give them a full game. The division is on the line and he thinks they'll play hard.

-Orlando is again asked about the run, and says when they run effectively, it opens things up for the offense.

-Pace said that the Rams will be prepared. They got back to the basics this week after two performances that weren't good the last two weeks. Says we need the tiebreaker and they've prepared hard for Seattle this week.

-He said that they stressed the importance of the game to the younger players because of the playoff implications but also because of their last two losses.

-Pace said that you never know who wins and loses going down the road, but they understand that each game from here on is an important game if they want to make the playoffs. They have to be focused week in and week out if they want to make it happen.

-When asked about everyone picking Seattle in August to win the West, Pace said the team felt they were under the radar, which they like because they like to come up and beat the people getting hype.

-Pace said regarding the soft nature of the defense that they did live drills this week and the defense understands that they have to play better.

-He said that they need to be aware of the Seahawk defense and how hard they play. Said he didn't know if Wistrom was playing, but they'll give you a lot of effort and will make plays. Says that he likes the match-up between the Rams WRs against the Seattle secondary and feels they can take advantage of them.

-Adam Shine and Pat Kerwin kept joking with Pace about having him on tape saying the Rams need to establish the run. Pace cracks up.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Re: Summary of Orlando Pace Interview on Sirius Radio

I thought Pace fired the Postons?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Summary of Orlando Pace Interview on Sirius Radio

He did...

Speaking of, I actually got a chance to call in prior to Pace's interview. I talked about the defense with the two hosts (Adam Shine and someone else, not Riggins) but I should have told them to ask Pace about his contract situation and whether or not he intends on signing long term this offseason if the Rams put up a figure similar to what they offered this spring.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!