Summing Up The Rams Loss

Summing Up The Rams Loss
    By Jeff Gordon 08/19/2006 10:40 pm

Coach Scott Linehan wasn’t in a pleasant mood after the Rams fell to the Texans 27-20 in their second preseason game.
    “We have a lot of work to do,” he told reporters after the game. “Biggest disappointment I have in the game was our inabiliy to run the ball on offense and stop the run defensively.
    “You want to see consistency in this game, this business. We weren’t (consistent) in those areas.”
    The Rams running game sputtered with fullbacks Paul Smith and Madison Hedgecock both sidelined. “It affects it some, but that is not an excuse,” Linehan said.
    Texans running backs Vernand Morency and Wali Lundy ran through the Rams but good. Who needs Reggie Bush?
    The Rams got flagged for a lot more penalties than Linehan finds tolerable. And their special teams had a bunch of things go wrong, giving Rams fans some deju blues.
    “I don’t think we played as smart and tuned in as we did a week ago,” Linehan said. “I didn’t feel good about any phase of our team, not compared to last week.”
    Oh, and there was this: Receiver Torry Holt (bruised sternum) and defensive end Brandon Green (nagging heel injury) both got banged up in the game. So all in all, it wasn’t a stellar night for the Rams.
    On the plus side, all four Rams quarterbacks threw the ball reasonably well and the team continued to make good use of its tight ends in the passing game.
    Defensively, the Rams applied good pass pressure with their first defensive unit. “I have to do a better job of getting the ball out of my hand quicker so we don’t leave plays out on the field,” Texans quarterback David Carr observed.
    “Our first team D did do an excellent job keeping no points out there,” Linehan said.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Re: Summing Up The Rams Loss

The O-line without Pace resembled Swiss cheese a little too much for my taste. Most passing plays I was holding my breath hoping Bulger would survive, and the running plays were stuffed. A disappointing performance by our O-line.

The first defense did look good, only negative would be a little bit of over-pursuing on some plays, but that comes with the aggressive attacking attitude Haslett has instilled, overall a good performance I think. Oh and that Chavous hit on Carr was awesome! I felt like the refs blew it there, looked like a sack and fumble to me, but I didn't catch the replays.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Rams in Denmark can watch the game, but Rams across in the US, ouside of St. Louis can not. How is that so?

I guess we managed at least one sack on Carr then. That is good. :l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Rams in Denmark can watch the game, but Rams across in the US, ouside of St. Louis can not. How is that so?

I guess we managed at least one sack on Carr then. That is good. :l
    Actually I got the game off the internet, someone posted a link to AXL at the Original Herd, where I was able to download the 1st quarter (the rest of the game wasn't there it appears, but I think our 1st units were pulled after the 1st quarter anyways). I can't remember the thread, but if you look around at some of the recent threads you'll find it. Last week I was able to watch much of the Colts game this way too.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I see. The internet is providing game footage already. That is good news for the far away fans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

I feel your frustration Blitz. I live in Austin and if not for the the fact that they (Rams) were playing Houston I wouldn't have been able to watch it.

I there any (affordable) options to view games realtime on the computer?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Actually I got the game off the internet, someone posted a link to AXL at the Original Herd, where I was able to download the 1st quarter (the rest of the game wasn't there it appears, but I think our 1st units were pulled after the 1st quarter anyways). I can't remember the thread, but if you look around at some of the recent threads you'll find it. Last week I was able to watch much of the Colts game this way too.
    What is the URL to this site? I'd like to watch some of the game.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Alright I think I found the 1st quarter video from the Houston game again:

http://axlvids.ramsrule.com/preseason2_1qtr.wmv

I don't think any more quarters are up (yet?). Not sure if they still have the Colts game also, but if they do I'm sure it can be found by poking around over at the forum at:

http://www.ramsrule.com/

bruce4life is offline Registered User

it was a preseason game who cares...

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    it was a preseason game who cares...
    Fans perhaps?