HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sunday Camp Quotes

DT Ryan Pickett
    Sunday, July 31, 2005

(On the defensive line)
    I am so excited about our defensive line; we have so much potential. Everybody is hungry to play well, and this is going to be one of the best defensive lines I have been with.

(On team goals for the season)
    We always talk together. We want to be the best defensive line in our division and in the league. We set our goals very high, and we are trying to reach them.

QB Jamie Martin
    Sunday, July 31, 2005

(On his return the NFL)
    When I talked to [Coach] Mike [Martz] about possibly coming back I got excited about going through the whole process again. After a year-and-a-half of being off, you get a little bored so I was excited to come back.

(On his arm strength)
    I feel like I have to go make good decisions and that comes with the knowledge of what I am doing. I think my arm is fine. I can throw well enough to play in the NFL. I dont care how you throw the ball, if you dont throw it to the right place, you are not going to get very far.

DT Damione Lewis
    Sunday, July 31, 2005

(On the starting defensive tackle position)
    It doesnt matter which three of us (start), I feel that we all three are guys who can be potential starters. We should be able to rotate and be able to get a lot of plays in and make a lot of plays.

(On whether injuries have prevented him from reaching his potential)
    Its something you have to get through mentally, and its one of those things you either allow to hold you back or you can grow on it. I just want to go through it, and make sure Im health. Coach is taking care of us in training camp this year, Its not as hard in practice so it wont be such a hard emphasis on our body.

(On waking up for training camp each morning)
    Im excited knowing that first game is coming up pretty soon it will be here in September so thats what Im looking forward to and getting through training camp. Its a grind, but thats what makes you better, its what makes you mentally tough.

G Claude Terrell
    Sunday, July 31, 2005

(On first phase of training camp)
    Right now youre still sore, I think in the next four or five days the intensity is really going to pick up.

(On this upcoming football season)
    I think this is the year for us. We really have three guys that could dominate a game, and [I] think this [is] a big year for us to really step up and do it. We have a great talent in the middle. I think we should be able to dominate, if we dont, then its our own fault, because we are good enough to get it done.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Re: Sunday Camp Quotes

Thanks for the article Hub!