throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Sunday Evening--Wagoner

Sunday, January 15, 2006

- It's never easy to say goodbye to a friend, especially one as fun and loyal as Jack Snow. Saturday's memorial service was difficult in that regard, but in many ways it was beautiful. So many people came to pay their respects including Dick Vermeil and numerous other Rams staff, front office, coaches and players among others. Mr. Snow touched so many people in life and there's no doubt he will continue to do so even though he's gone.

- I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who took the time to write out your thoughts and memories of Mr. Snow and send them in. The number of emails was overwhelming and not all could make it on this site, but I assure you that the right people got to or will get to lay their eyes on those memories. The outpouring was amazing. From the people who knew Mr. Snow well to those who never met him, but just felt like they did, it was absolutely stunning and it was fun to spend time reading your thoughts and prayers. I can also assure everyone that the Snow family truly appreciates it.

- I have received plenty of emails about ways to honor Mr. Snow next season and many of the ideas I really like. It isn't my job to determine how the players dress or what goes on the helmets, but I absolutely love the idea of wearing the old blue and white uniforms at least once (at home against San Fran perhaps?). It would be a fitting tribute to Mr. Snow that goes beyond just putting 84 decals or something else on the helmet. If I had any say in it, that would happen at some point next season, but I have total faith that something above the simple sticker will get done to honor Mr. Snow. Maybe the whole team can wear the cool sunglasses during a game?

- I know many of you have been aching for football news and there is plenty of that to come this week. Honoring Mr. Snow took priority last week, but there will be plenty of football to talk in this space in the near future. After all, if Mr. Snow were still here, that's what he would want to talk about.

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Sunday Evening--Wagoner

Hey "RW" I posted the same thing on NFL talk sorry I did not see your post in time ... I should have known you where on top of it as normal

majorram is offline Registered User

I'm all for the the old uniforms to be brought out in memory of Mr.Snow love the idea!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

His name should go up in the ring of fame.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RealRam is offline Registered User

Absolutely, Ramman68! :up:

And I would certainly look forward to having the Rams wear the uniform with which Snow began his NFL career.

:1: