Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sunday Morning Notes - Terrell replaces Tucker

Sunday Morning

-I understand why Alex Barron isn’t in camp, but his absence is severely detrimental to his chances at playing this season. Not only is Barron missing out on plenty of repetitions, but he is also missing out on the chance to work with Hall of Famer Jackie Slater. Slater is helping out in camp as he does every year and won’t be around all season. The opportunity to learn from Slater could be so valuable to Barron’s future.

-Claude Terrell is at the top of the depth chart at left guard right now. The rookie out of New Mexico is big and strong and seems to anchor well. Whether he will be able to hold on to the job for the remainder of the preseason remains to be seen.

-The day’s biggest applause came early in the practice when running back Marshall Faulk made a nice catch and run.

-Dwight Anderson is an intriguing young cornerback. Last year he struggled to focus on the importance of learning the system. This year he seems more mature and thus improved. He has been excellent at times in coverage, including a few more pass breakups to his total in team drills today.

-I’m not saying he is going to make the team, but receiver Brandon Middleton has strung together two or three strong practices in a row. The competition for the sixth receiver spot might get interesting if Middleton continues to play well.

-It’s hard to top the entertainment of watching the one-on-one pass rush drills during practice. I find myself making a point to watch it nearly every day. Some quick hits from what I saw today: Defensive tackle Jeremy Calahan has a good motor and can get a decent push up the middle…Vontrell Jamison is an impressive looking athlete, but he really lacks pop off the line and struggles in these drills…Center Larry Turner has a good future in this league. He anchors well, looks comfortable on the field and has improved his conditioning.

-It can be so easy to take Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt for granted, but the leadership they provide the young receivers and the consistently good product they put on the field is tough to duplicate.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Re: Sunday Morning Notes - Terrell replaces Tucker

Things that make you go .... mmmmmm

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

ALL rookies need to be in camp on time, regardless. Slater's presence would do nothing but help him, especially with Barron's rep.
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Things that make you go .... mmmmmm
    You got that right RamDez

RealRam is offline Registered User

Off topic: Dez, are you going to change the home page back to where it was a couple of days ago or three?

Everything looks great -- it's just that I think the previous layout worked better, i.e., being able to see the number of views, name of last poster, etc.

If not, no problem. One can only enjoy the many features of ClanRam.

Never taken for granted. Many thanks for everything. :bow:

LoyalRam is offline Registered User

Sorry for the off-topic post too... but I don't know where else to post and I just happened to see RealRam's post above me regarding the clamram page.

Dez, back before the makeover that started a few days ago, there is usually a "More" button at the beginning of the page that gives me a list of all the posts recently... will that button come back? I cannot find it anywhere now... just wondering if it's gonna be put back eventually... thanks!

LoyalRam

majorram is offline Registered User

Wow this is bit of news so early... I will reserve judgement....

steve:clanram: