Thread: Sundays game

Romo2Superbowl Guest

Sundays game

Cowboys fan here wanted to give my take on sundays game

Im surprised the Rams have started so slow, your offense scares me and the slow start has made me a little nervous your just waiting to have a breakout game on someone and our defense has been less then perfect. No Jackson is definitly a tough loss for you guys in basically a must win(if there is such a thing in week 4)

I do think Dallas will win this game but I see this as a high scoring exciting game, i think the rams offense will probly put up some points i just hope we can match them! Good luck sunday and lets hope for no injuries.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Sundays game

Quote Originally Posted by Romo2Superbowl View Post
    Good luck sunday and lets hope for no injuries.
    Um thanks, but i'm afraid it's a little to late for that already.

Romo2Superbowl Guest

how about no MORE injuries then

AlphaRam Guest

On paper, we're screwed. 3 out of 5 O-linemen starters out. Jackson out. Bulger playing with two broken ribs and a bruised knee. Drew Bennett out - no wait, he is just playing like his hands are broken. Fahkir Brown - suspended. Tye Hill - injured. Pisa Tiniosamoa - injured.

Nevertheless, our guys have to step up and this is the game to do it. We have to win this one with heart.

RealRam is offline Registered User

I do think Dallas will win this game but I see this as a high scoring exciting game; I think the rams offense will probably put up some points. I just hope we can match them! Good luck Sunday and let's hope for no injuries.
    Nice of you to visit with diplomacy and courtesy, Romo. // I hope you are correct in this being the game where the Rams 'put up some points'! We'll need them in more than one way.

As to injuries, same to you; we've had too many already. :x

jkramsfan Guest

Cowboys fan here wanted to give my take on sundays game

Im surprised the Rams have started so slow, your offense scares me and the slow start has made me a little nervous your just waiting to have a breakout game on someone and our defense has been less then perfect. No Jackson is definitly a tough loss for you guys in basically a must win(if there is such a thing in week 4)

I do think Dallas will win this game but I see this as a high scoring exciting game, i think the rams offense will probly put up some points i just hope we can match them! Good luck sunday and lets hope for no injuries.
    thanks for the nice post and I hope we can make a good showing,a shootout as you think would do the rams a world of good,win or lose,hopefully a win but this offense just needs to get something going, averaging 10 points a game is not acceptable and by the way the Cowboys looked great Sunday night.

Romo2Superbowl Guest

Definitely looked good hope they can keep it up, but its a long season

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Thanks for the kind words Romo. I think the Cowboys take this game. The only CHANCE the Rams have is if they can protect Bulger long enough to consistently strike downfield ....

Looking into the fact that the Cowboys have the 23rd ranked passing defense in the league carries about as much merit as our 4th ranking. The reason the Cowboys are ranked so low is teams cannot run against them. They have blown everyone out to this point and usually have the lead early, hence opposing teams are having to air it out ...

Here is the stat that really counts, and I'll never understand why the passing defenses aren't ranked this way. PRA is passer rating against:

Cowboys PRA: 66.9, 250.3 YPG, 6.85 YPA
    Rams PRA: 101.7, 146.0 YPG, 7.24 YPA

The passer rating statistics tell a much bigger story, as this stat is driven significantly by YPA, TD%, and INT%. The Cowboys have picked off 8 passes, or roughly 7% of every pass thrown against them. We have intercepted zero ...

Regardless, we need to test this passing defense early and often ...

rammiser is offline Registered User

I think we need to open it up in this game and throw caution to the wind. I know our o-line is banged up but in order to win we need to spread Dallas out and run 3 and 4 wide sets early and often. We will need to score a lot to win this and we're not going to score a lot throwing wr screens. What do we have to lose at this point? Jackson is out and Leonard is a rookie. I think we will need to set up the run with the pass this week. If Olsen treats this game as he did the Bucs game expect to see the score around 44-10 Dallas. We have to go downfield, I dont care that the o-line is banged up this is the NFL and those guys arent inept. Bulger may take hits and may get pressured but if the coaching staff is going to play him with broken ribs then you have to call plays on offense as if he was healthy. If you have to scale back a playbook because of an injury its time to insert a backup. If we dont come out firing and take chances we have zero shot at winning.
    Just Fix It

Romo2Superbowl Guest

Very good points guys will be tough for our defense to shut down a potentially explosive passing game. Havent watched all the rams games so i dont know whats wrong with there passing game but its got more talent then its showing

Did i hear right that Bruce is guaranteeing a victory? I guess you got to do what you got to do to get the team going but that is pretty big guarantee

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    On paper, we're screwed. 3 out of 5 O-linemen starters out. Jackson out. Bulger playing with two broken ribs and a bruised knee. Drew Bennett out - no wait, he is just playing like his hands are broken. Fahkir Brown - suspended. Tye Hill - injured. Pisa Tiniosamoa - injured.

Nevertheless, our guys have to step up and this is the game to do it. We have to win this one with heart.
    AR, you also forgot that one of our backup OL is also out.

Romo, nice post. I hope to see some life from this team even if we still lose. Just want to know that our "boys" don't quit.
    This space for rent...