RamWraith is offline Registered User

Sunday's game -- defense related

Not much has been talked about the game Sunday with all the excitement. My question.

What got into our defense?? Wow, was that some inspired play and play calling. I can not believe we blitzed so much. Where in the hell was that all year. I do believe we have a lot of untapped talent on this team. Maybe we just need someone to figure out how to harness it. After Sunday's play, I do have some hope for next season with the players we have.

I just don't get why all of a sudden Marmie figued out to be aggressive. And further more. How about Little!! And Atogwe, man the kid played lights out and played only about 50% of the snaps.

Man I am sad the season is over!

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Sunday's game -- defense related

same here. I'm going to miss it

AlphaRam Guest

The defense was pretty fired up. I tried to talk Corey Ivy out of the interception ball, but he wouldn't relent. I should have whooped him for the ball...lol

RamsFan16 Guest

We MUST resign Ivy!

RamJackson39 Guest

I dont know where it came from, but it was impressive. The one thing that bothers me is how everyone talks about how Dallas had nothing to play for. Neither did St.Louis. It was a game all about pride and in the end, the Rams had more pride than Dallas did. I think that was probably the biggest change.

Tony Soprano Guest

IMHO,

1) Vitt told the team (it's in print) that this was their Super Bowl. He said they all needed a good performance to close out the year. It would be the last game they remember for a long time and everyone could benefit personally from a good showing

2) The Cowboys just found out they were out of the playoffs. An emotional let down
    would be natural.

3) The Cowboys OFF line has problems protecting the passer. They had a couple subs and only ONE QB (Carr) has been sacked more than Drew Bledsoe.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    The one thing that bothers me is how everyone talks about how Dallas had nothing to play for. Neither did St.Louis.
    The Rams were on an emotional high all day because this was their "Super Bowl" The Cowboys were on an emotional rollercoaster and found out 1 hour before gametime that they were eliminated from the playoffs. The Cowboys were flat because of this and it showed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

AlphaRam Guest

Actually, they were broadcasting the Redskins-Eagles game at Texas Stadium and the game ended about 30 minutes before kick-off. It was funny to see Cowboys fans cheering for the Eagles. I think I was in the Twilight Zone.

NitRam 21 Guest

I could accept the dissapointment theory for the first quarter but after that and the way our Rams were laying them flat on the ground I'd get pissed. No for myself and the rest off the off season I will belive that the C-boys ran into the team we should have had this year except no QB (why not play Smoker? is he that bad ? never saw him in a game)

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam
    Actually, they were broadcasting the Redskins-Eagles game at Texas Stadium and the game ended about 30 minutes before kick-off. It was funny to see Cowboys fans cheering for the Eagles. I think I was in the Twilight Zone.

I thought the game ended just before 730 EST
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

coy bacon Guest

I gotta think that the Cowboy's let down from not making the playoffs affected their game. I do not believe that our D suddenly got great. Put yourself in the Cowboy's shoes. Your hopes get dashed, and you still got to go butt heads. Their season was over before the game was over and they had little to play for.

Don't give our D too much credit.

And I'll say again, I think our D has the capability to be better, if it is properly coached. As long as Marmie remains, the D will continue to be mediocre.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I think it finally sunk in for these guys that some of them were headed for construction jobs if they didn't get their act together and show they could perform. We also seemed to blitz more; when we did that earlier in the season, we looked better then too.

I don't believe a team coached by Parcells wasn't "up" for the game. And it isn't just that the Dallas line stinks (it does) because we didn't do jack against AZ and they have the second worst line in the league.

AlphaRam Guest

I thought the game ended just before 730 EST
    Those jerks at Texas Stadium probably had me on tape-delay!

general counsel is offline Registered User

If the eagles beat the redskins, we wouldnt have beaten the cowboys. big, big difference between knowing for weeks that you are out of it and finding out one hour before kickoff.

ramming speed to all

general counsel