Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Sundays game vs Cardinals is our MAKE or BREAK game!!!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Sundays game vs Cardinals is our MAKE or BREAK game!!!

I am going to be quite frank with you guys and how I personally feel about this season. We really need to get off to a good start. A WINNABLE ( though not easy or cakewalk by any means game AT HOME against a team we are pretty familiar with. No reason why we cant win this game, though I have to see it to believe it first because of our track record.

But I am going on a limb RIGHT NOW and say that if we win this game, we will finish the season 9-7. IF we dont, we could be EASILY looking at 5-11.

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE GUYS. THE TIME IS NOW!!!!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Sundays game vs Cardinals is our MAKE or BREAK game!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    I am going to be quite frank with you guys and how I personally feel about this season. We really need to get off to a good start. A WINNABLE ( though not easy or cakewalk by any means game AT HOME against a team we are pretty familiar with. No reason why we cant win this game, though I have to see it to believe it first because of our track record.

But I am going on a limb RIGHT NOW and say that if we win this game, we will finish the season 9-7. IF we dont, we could be EASILY looking at 5-11.

ITS JUST THAT SIMPLE GUYS. THE TIME IS NOW!!!!
    When you say "track record" I assume you mean the Linehan and Spags years? I understand where you're coming from and I don't blame you. This is Jeff Fishers team now and we all saw a big change for the better last season. An improvement that I must admit I didn't expect so soon. I was over the top excited when we hired Fisher but thought it would take some time for him to put his fingerprints all over our team. Much to my surprise he did it year one! So I'm erasing the Linehan, Spags years from my memory and our new track record began last season, at least for me. So with that being said, I'm expecting nothing less than a "W" in our house on Sunday against a so called new and improved Arizona Cardinals team.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

I believe all rNemesis is trying to state is that Game 1 against big Red will be a good measuring stick of how far the team can go from year 1 to year 2.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I dont think a win in this game guarantees anything, but i do think that a loss would be a very troubling harbinger of things to come. This game isnt just winnable, its a game we should win. Its going to be very difficult to improve off of last year if we lose to arizona at home. I would say the same thing about certain other games on the schedule, such as jacksonville at home. I am not saying arizona is as bad as jacksonville, only pointing out that a key to being a successful team is taking care of business at home. Everyone knows how tough it is to win on the road in the nfl. If you lose to the teams you should beat at home, you are making it really tough on yourself.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    mde8352gorams and rNemesis like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    A loss would mean a missed opportunity to get a home win against a beatable opponent within the division.

Nothing more, nothing less.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    A loss would mean a missed opportunity to get a home win against a beatable opponent within the division.

Nothing more, nothing less.
    I don't agree. In a 16 game schedule, every game counts. You don't have the benefit of playing the next day or two days later to avenge a loss. You don't have the benefit of an 82 or 162 game schedule to figure it out. Rare is the team in the NFL that can get off to a poor start and still make the playoffs. Good teams beat the teams they SHOULD beat. And with games against tough opponents in the first few weeks of the season, it makes it all the more important we beat a team with a new coach and a new QB on our home field to start the season.

Failure to do this would be a big blow- a lot more than just a missed early season opportunity.
    Curly Horns and mde8352gorams like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

I don't think this is a make or break game that will dictate the season, but it's vitally important to start the season with a win over a team we should beat, and gain some confidence. The last thing a young, untested Rams team needs is get into a hole, especially with the Falcons the next week, and the whiners a few weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

I don't agree. In a 16 game schedule, every game counts. You don't have the benefit of playing the next day or two days later to avenge a loss. You don't have the benefit of an 82 or 162 game schedule to figure it out. Rare is the team in the NFL that can get off to a poor start and still make the playoffs. Good teams beat the teams they SHOULD beat. And with games against tough opponents in the first few weeks of the season, it makes it all the more important we beat a team with a new coach and a new QB on our home field to start the season.

Failure to do this would be a big blow- a lot more than just a missed early season opportunity.
    You read way too much into my post... or you simply misread it.

Rambos is online now Registered User

I think if we lose this game we have no shot at the playoffs. Playoff teams win game they are supposed too, they win games within the division and win at home. This is just one of those games.

We should win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think if we lose this game we have no shot at the playoffs. Playoff teams win game they are supposed too, they win games within the division and win at home. This is just one of those games.

We should win this game.
    Yes, we should win, but its not exactly do or die. Last year, Arizona beat the Seahawks in Week 1. How did that work out?

Now let's go out there and get that win!

Yes, we should win, but its not exactly do or die. Last year, Arizona beat the Seahawks in Week 1. How did that work out?

Now let's go out there and get that win!
    Did you read my post? I said if we lose.... I said nothing about making the playoffs if we win. Just one step that we need to make in a long process.

Now lets get out of there with a win!

Did you read my post? I said if we lose.... I said nothing about making the playoffs if we win. Just one step that we need to make in a long process.

Right... Seattle lost to an inferior divisional foe in week 1, and still made the playoffs.

Its a "should win" game, not do or die.

Right... Seattle lost to an inferior divisional foe in week 1, and still made the playoffs.

Its a "should win" game, not do or die.
    That's true, but they did not have two teams in their division that are established playoff teams, we do....We shall revisit this one down the road...

Edit: The other factor was the Hawks lost on the road. If we where on the road I would not make that statement. Playoff teams win game they are supposed too, they win games within the division and win at home.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-05-2013 at 10:46 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Now let's get out of there with a win!
    Let's do this! W I N !!!

Clic on image...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sundays game vs Cardinals is our MAKE or BREAK game!!!-carnero5.jpg  
    Curly Horns and Rambos like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

You read way too much into my post... or you simply misread it.
    I didn't misread anything. Losing would be more than a simple missed opportunity. When you have games against Atlanta, Dallas and SF in weeks 2, 3 and 4, you'd better damn well beat Arizona in your building to start the season- period and end of story. Otherwise, your task of a winning season becomes monumentally more difficult.
    Curly Horns and mde8352gorams like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast