HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Sunday's game will be tough for Haslett

Sunday's game will not be easy for new Head Coach Jim Haslett. He will be facing a Kurt Warner led offense that leads the league in scoring. He will be facing quite possibly the best receiving corp in the league. His team will have to contend with a ground game led by a future Hall of Famer. Not to mention the opposing Head Coach, a former OC, that is creating a lot of buzz around the league with his team currently leading the division. The same division in which Haslett has to contend. It could be ugly; Haslett has to know that Warner can and has dominated the Dome in St. Louis.

Now Haslett has his weapons as well, but will they be enough? Haslett's offense relies on a young, dreadlocked 1st round RB who can run hard between tackles, and catch the ball in the flats, but is currently dealing with injury concerns. The offensive line has a lot of question marks with a LT who may be one of the greatest of all time, but now is in his 30's. On the other end, at RT a former 1st round draftee who has been penalty happy, to say the least. On defense, Haslett will turn to his lockerroom leader, LaRoi Glover to man the inside of his line, while on the End all eyes are focused on a 6'3", 275 lb. rookie that has been looking pretty good so far. That kid has a future in this league.

It's almost not fair that so early in Haslett's first year as HC for this team that he must face this task now. Especially considering what a trainwreck he was left with after the last Head Coach left town. Geez, what a disaster last year was!

But, nonetheless, on November 26th, 2000, Haslett's Saints will march into the Rams' Dome and take on Mike Martz' St. Louis "GSOT" Rams to fight the fight. Best of luck to them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm, wonder how that game turned out for Haslett?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Sunday's game will be tough for Haslett

We have MAJOR injury concerns this weekend.

My friend who is a Cards fan even agreed with me, that we needed Jax and Little. She was forced to watch a few games with me and she realized that they were the core players on each side of the ball. However, she says she is concerned with Chris Long too.

We need to get in Warner's face right as they play the ball. Make him throw interceptions.

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Sunday's game will not be easy for new Head Coach Jim Haslett. He will be facing a Kurt Warner led offense that leads the league in scoring. He will be facing quite possibly the best receiving corp in the league. His team will have to contend with a ground game led by a future Hall of Famer. Not to mention the opposing Head Coach, a former OC, that is creating a lot of buzz around the league with his team currently leading the division. The same division in which Haslett has to contend. It could be ugly; Haslett has to know that Warner can and has dominated the Dome in St. Louis.

Now Haslett has his weapons as well, but will they be enough? Haslett's offense relies on a young, dreadlocked 1st round RB who can run hard between tackles, and catch the ball in the flats, but is currently dealing with injury concerns. The offensive line has a lot of question marks with a LT who may be one of the greatest of all time, but now is in his 30's. On the other end, at RT a former 1st round draftee who has been penalty happy, to say the least. On defense, Haslett will turn to his lockerroom leader, LaRoi Glover to man the inside of his line, while on the End all eyes are focused on a 6'3", 275 lb. rookie that has been looking pretty good so far. That kid has a future in this league.

It's almost not fair that so early in Haslett's first year as HC for this team that he must face this task now. Especially considering what a trainwreck he was left with after the last Head Coach left town. Geez, what a disaster last year was!

But, nonetheless, on November 26th, 2000, Haslett's Saints will march into the Rams' Dome and take on Mike Martz' St. Louis "GSOT" Rams to fight the fight. Best of luck to them.

Haslett's Saints beat us that day 31-24!!!

Again,

Haslett has had plenty of experience against Warner so that should help our cause on Sunday.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

Good points but I am still trying to get a feel for this rams team. I don't think this game is as bleak as your post make it out to be. I look at this in several ways. One there is the 0-4 Linehan rams, I discount all of that because what I see sense Haslett took over is not the same team. Hum win on the road to the Skins, ok then a beat down of the Cowboys at home, ok then a fight it out to the end ball game on the road to the Pats. Now we have the Cards at home. Now I ask are the Cards better than the Skins and Pats? I know they can score points but they took a beat down to the Jets, now do anyone got the Jets as a team they don't want to play. The cards are not a good road team, they play great at home. If we can not beat them here we want beat them on the road. But The rams so far has past my eyeball test. I not not afraid of anyone on the Schedule. I just wish I could have seen what we would have done against the first 4 teams we played with Haslett as the coach.
    :ramlogo:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Good points but I am still trying to get a feel for this rams team. I don't think this game is as bleak as your post make it out to be.
    A "bleak" outlook wasn't really my point. Quite the opposite actually; my point was that Haslett has been in a VEEEEERY similar situation before.........and won! Note the date of November 26th, 2000.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod