LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Super Bowl XIV NFL Network

I just finished watching Super Bowl XIV on the NFL Network, and ahh what a finish! Ferragamo blew it! He had a receiver wide open.

This wasn't Ferragamo's only inability to win the "big one."

According to unspecified source; (A buddy of mine that went to school with him)

Vince played in the CIF Championship (High School) vs. Carson. The game went into overtime. The overtime rules were, each team gets 4 downs and starts from the 50 yard line. After 4 unsuccessful pass attempts, you got it, Carson lined up rushed up the middle for minimal gain GAME OVER!

Just thought I'd share. :\

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Super Bowl XIV NFL Network

Oh shoot, I meant to watch that. I've never able been able to sit down and watch the whole thing when they've shown it.
    Oh well, since it's NFL Network, they are likely to show it 20 more times before this week is done

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: Super Bowl XIV NFL Network

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    I just finished watching Super Bowl XIV on the NFL Network, and ahh what a finish! Ferragamo blew it! He had a receiver wide open.

This wasn't Ferragamo's only inability to win the "big one."

According to unspecified source; (A buddy of mine that went to school with him)

Vince played in the CIF Championship (High School) vs. Carson. The game went into overtime. The overtime rules were, each team gets 4 downs and starts from the 50 yard line. After 4 unsuccessful pass attempts, you got it, Carson lined up rushed up the middle for minimal gain GAME OVER!

Just thought I'd share. :\
    Only semantics here Rammer, but in High School the adopted tie-breaker is that each team gets the ball on the 25 yard line and equal opportunity to score. It is played normally from that point other than turn-overs cannot be advanced for a touchdown, a turnover is a dead ball. Similar to the collegiate over-time.

Back on topic though..... Haden was the QB that year and was injured. Feragamo finished the season winning like 6 of the last 7 games and threw something like twice as many INT's as TD's. and less that 50%. But because of the defense the Rams won these games and eventually lost to the Bradshaw-led Steelers.

We all know [most of us (well, the older of us)] remember fondly the Youngbloods, Nolan Cromwell, Fred Dryer, and Hacksaw who deserved a ring for their efforts that year. (The same year they held the Seahawks to a -7 yards Total Offense during a 24-0 rout that year.

Bradshaw was less than spectacular throwing 3 INT's in the Super Bowl but threw 2 TD passes and led his tea to 2 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win and get a MVP award.

The final score, (31-19), was not indicative in any manner of the how close the game actually was, and there were way too many (terrible towels) in the stands...
    RnD

GO RAMS!!