Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Superbowl 36 Rams vs Patriots

I throw up in my mouth just looking at the title of this post, let alone even trying to watch the game!

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    It's that time of year where I get to watch the Rams Lose SB 36 on NFL network. Still can't understand how the #1 Rated offense lost to the number #24 defense..???? I know it's old news, but still hard to think of what could have been. Blasted cheaters.
    I watched the game while I was at the gym last night, but couldn't watch it past the 1st quarter. Between Marshall getting mugged, the horrible defensive calls, made by Lovie, and the questionable penalties....it was just too painful to watch again. After that game I was so mad I took my Marshall Faulk Jersey back to the store.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I watched the replay on NFL Network last night right up until the RAMS tied the score. I then shot it off!!! I wasn't going to torture myself again.
    I think everyone was pretty unaminious, we watched until Ricky scored that TD.

Rams just looked flat. Everything they did was anticipated. How would it be possible that wherever the ball was at, there was a Patriot. They were pretty much shut down in the second half until that last drive.

Just didn't look right. I have two words "Spy Gate."

Them zebras should be shot!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

With my friends watching and knowing that i'm probably the biggest Ram fan they'll ever know, i held back tears and felt as if my best friend died. For weeks I suffered and couldnt accept defeat. I remembered when they beat the Steelers to represent the AFC, i was saying it would be a better game if the steelers played us.

Part of me still thinks that game was fixed and i feel that 9-11 had everthing to do with the PATRIOTS winning that game!!! Then they came up with spygate last year and now i know we were mugged. When the Patriots were stripped of their 1st round pick in the draft, it should've been given to us.
    Last edited by Guam rammer; -01-29-2009 at 07:28 AM.

dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

It's that time of year where I get to watch the Rams Lose SB 36 on NFL network. Still can't understand how the #1 Rated offense lost to the number #24 defense..???? I know it's old news, but still hard to think of what could have been. Blasted cheaters.
    Watch the game you will see how, the Pats DB's were all over our wr's like monkeys on a tree, you cant run your routes when you have a extra 200lbs hanging on you rigt off the line of scrimage or when you get tackled at the line of scrimage -- play the game with TODAYS RULES and its a 45-17 game in the Rams favor --nuff said.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt_ram View Post
    Watch the game you will see how, the Pats DB's were all over our wr's like monkeys on a tree, you cant run your routes when you have a extra 200lbs hanging on you rigt off the line of scrimage or when you get tackled at the line of scrimage -- play the game with TODAYS RULES and its a 45-17 game in the Rams favor --nuff said.
    Amen, this game was part of the reason they changed the rules.

RamMember Guest

TXRAMSFAN You are one funny rfghju. no I don't know what rfghju stands for or means but I thought it more politically correct than you are one funny sob. I have a rule whereas if I am completely alone at my computer and something I read causes me to make noise such as hahaha instead of just smile than I feel oblidged to let that poster know he made a funny. Or perhaps it is how I remind myself that laughing whilst alone is OK so long as you document why.

It made me laugh while at the same time causing concern. I was expecting the first reply to the obvious one. One thing seems clear about the rehersed and universally accepted reply is it need not be a sufficient one. Although your theory of Ty Law running the wrong way may seem more sufficient then the accepted reply we must be true to the historical propaganda associated with game. And lets say it together this time. "The Patriots beat the Rams because they hit Marshall Faulk when he didn't have the football."

It seems that everyone that has posted this thread has forgotten what the NFL brain trust propaganda department came up with so as to help NFL fans better understand what happened.

OK Everyone sing it together "The Patriots beat the Rams because they hit Marshall Faulk (I SAID SING DAMNIT) when he didn't have the football."
    Last edited by RamMember; -02-03-2009 at 11:08 AM.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I know you cant settle for less, but this Superbowl is the EXACT reason, that if the Rams ever make it back to the big-game I will be satisfied with just that..It was so heartbreaking losing, and in the fashion that we lost, that at the time I would've rather had them lose in the conference championship..

ferragamotowaddy is offline Registered User

My first post:

I believe we would have won that game had we utilized the two-minute offense beginning in 3rd qtr.

Martz is no competition in x's and 0's to BB, so eliminate that game as much as possible by the 2 minute offense.

it worked in 4th qtr. we just didn't have one final opportunity.

And, oh yeah, let's not forget those :02 that magically disappeared off the clock after AV's FG!

Jim Bertelsen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Patriots shouldn't have even been in the game. Who knows what the NFL would be like today if it wasn't for the tuck rule.

You mean when Tom Brady threw an 'incomplete pass' to his left hand?

Jim Bertelsen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    I know you cant settle for less, but this Superbowl is the EXACT reason, that if the Rams ever make it back to the big-game I will be satisfied with just that..It was so heartbreaking losing, and in the fashion that we lost, that at the time I would've rather had them lose in the conference championship..

If it's any consolation, the Pats were minutes away from a perfect season and NFL history one year ago.

I'm sure there's a few Pats' fans who can't watch replays of that game. Ha ha...

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt_ram View Post

Actually... Play the game with 2001 rules, and the RAMS win 45-17. The off-season decision was to ACTUALLY CALL that penalty. A penalty that already existed, but had been forgotten by the officials in that game.

gap

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Lovie Smith should have been FIRED after that last drive debacle of a defense. MY DEFENSE was fresh, had the patsies on their heels. AND HE GOES INTO PREVENT?????
    With that kind of logic you should call that martz should have been fired. After all, martz was the head coach and lovie worked for martz. As far as we know martz told lovie what he wanted in any situation that you are calling a prevent. And even if martz failed to tell him anything, then he is most likely inept and ignorant with respect to the defensive side of the ball and therefore he simply defers to lovie. Either way, using your logic, martz should be fired since the head coach is number 1 on the coaching accountability list.

MarshallMarshall Guest

They are cheaters plain and simple. You don't burn the tapes after seeing them if there isn't anything on them. They obviously taped and knew where kurt was going to throw the ball. Brady knew all the right audibles to call. Watching that game know knowing what conspired there is no way they didn't cheat, plus I think the league helped them out. It seemed they wanted the Pats to win. But iv'e been know to be a conspiracy theorist.

Pape is offline Registered User

I was at that game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12