AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This was supposed to be a "Statement" game, and it was.

The statement is: the Rams are much better than last year, but still have a way to go.

On both sides of the ball, there are a lot more plays being made, but the consistency just isn't there.

After the bye week, the Rams will have a brutal 4 game stretch (@SD, KC, @Carolina, @Seattle). This sequence will really show what this team is made of.

So, here's my statement (and you can quote me):

If the Rams win 2 of the next four games, I guarantee they will make the playoffs this year.

Stay tuned.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: This was supposed to be a "Statement" game, and it was.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The statement is: the Rams are much better than last year, but still have a way to go.

On both sides of the ball, there are a lot more plays being made, but the consistency just isn't there.

After the bye week, the Rams will have a brutal 4 game stretch (@SD, KC, @Carolina, @Seattle). This sequence will really show what this team is made of.

So, here's my statement (and you can quote me):

If the Rams win 2 of the next four games, I guarantee they will make the playoffs this year.

Stay tuned.
    I agree and if we could get some some bigger margins of victory we could coinvince the rest of the league and maybe the press too.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

A statement was definitely made.
    The Rams are good. They are getting better. And they will fight you till the end.

The defense needs some work but they looked vastly improved over what I saw last year. I like the committment to the runnig game. Much better than when Martz would just chuck the ball with reckless abndon.

You guys will be a force to reckon with for a while, and i look forward to the Hawks/Rams games....they're always fun to watch.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

the Rams will have a brutal 4 game stretch (@SD, KC, @Carolina, @Seattle).
    I agree...if we win two of these, we probably play January football. However, IMO the KC game at home is the only thing standing between us and a 5 game losing streak. Road games are tough enough, but three road games against some of the best the NFL has to offer may be a little too much.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is offline Registered User

I agree AV we are better alot betterand still have work to do. I say we have playe 6 games some against very good teams and some not so good. We have been in every game. We will win a few more, aginst some of the better teams.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

I think yesterdays lost was a good thing, if there is such a thing. Reason being is because they should have put this team away, We got to conservative and tried to protect our lead instead of trying to put them away. I think in the next games you will see and improvement in that area.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

This bye week is going to make or break us. You can hold me to that one.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I agree...if we win two of these, we probably play January football. However, IMO the KC game at home is the only thing standing between us and a 5 game losing streak. Road games are tough enough, but three road games against some of the best the NFL has to offer may be a little too much.
    If we win vs. KC which is do-able then we need to pull off 1 if not 2 upsets.
    This Rams team is for real. It's nice to know that there aren't any opponents that scare to me to the point that I feel like we don't have a chance.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    I think yesterdays lost was a good thing, if there is such a thing. Reason being is because they should have put this team away, We got to conservative and tried to protect our lead instead of trying to put them away. I think in the next games you will see and improvement in that area.
    I agree. We had them on the ropes yesterday and I kept waiting for the knockout blow that never came.