eldfan is offline Registered User

Surgery sidelines Rams WR Brooks Foster 6-8 weeks

The worst injury news of the weekend for the St. Louis Rams had nothing to do with Friday’s 20-13 preseason loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Coach Steve Spagnuolo announced Saturday that additional testing revealed additional damage to the ankle of rookie wide receiver Brooks Foster. Foster underwent surgery Friday, and will miss six to eight weeks. With that long of a recovery time, Foster may end up on the injured reserve list. Spagnuolo said the team will decide later what action to take on Foster’s roster status. And with the final cutdown dates looming, the Rams may not want to bring in an additional wide receiver if they do indeed place Foster on IR. Foster, a fifth-round draft pick from North Carolina, suffered the injury in the Rams’ preseason opener Aug. 14 against the New York Jets. It was originally thought to be a high ankle sprain.

Other injury updates from Spagnuolo’s Saturday media briefing:

_ WR Donnie Avery (foot) and QB Marc Bulger (finger) will miss Thursday’s preseason contest in Cincinnati.

_ LG Jacob Bell (concussion) will do some running when the team returns to work Sunday. If he expereriences no post-concussion symptoms after that work, he will take another baseline test _ a test Bell must clear before playing again.

_ DT Adam Carriker (ankle) will do more field work (individual drills) to gauge his readiness to return.

_ OT Alex Barron (knee) and OT Phil Trautwein (back) are day-to-day.

_ DE Eric Moore (ribs) and DE James Hall (sternum) will be re-evaluated Sunday.

_ RB Kenneth Darby “dinged” his knee against Atlanta, but came out of the game OK.

:ramlogo:

Punisher73 is offline Registered User

Re: Surgery sidelines Rams WR Brooks Foster 6-8 weeks

yeah this kinda sucks, I really liked Brooks esp being a Tarheel fan as well as a Rams fan. I was happy when we picked him up. I think he will a nice asset to us once he gets healthy again and can stay that way.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I hope he has a full recovery. I like him more than Stanley...

But that injury list is insane. We need them all back by week one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Ramer is offline Registered User

I know the players need preseason to get into game time shape, but I hate all the injuries.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

All things considered, with all of the injuries on that list, it's good to see that we only have this one that seems like it will affect us come week one. I'm sure if we looked at other teams' injury reports it would look close to ours if not worse.

Further, it sucks that our receiver corps seems to be the target of the injury bug, but at least Avery will be back by week 2 most likely and Robinson is shining. Brooks can use this time to recover fully and then work on growing into the pro game. He probably wouldn't do much this year anyway.

Overall I'd say that we'll be fine on the injury front when it's all said and done, we just can't afford to have any more injuries at this point in the game. We need to get the guys healthy and show off what we can really be Thursday night.