Thread: Surprise Cuts

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Surprise Cuts

Our rookies really stuck it to the Patriots tonight. I, like many of you, was excited to be watching Rams football for the first time in a long while. Personally, I think there have been a number of unexpected standouts from what we've heard from training camp reports and what we've seen in the preseason.

With this in mind, are there any current players who were expected to hold a regular-season roster spot who you can see being cut as the preseason comes to a close?

I think Daniel Fells is one guy who could be facing the chopping block.

Your thoughts?

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: Surprise Cuts

Bajema or Fells could get the axe.

Also, while doubtful, I could see conceivably see Null getting cut in order to add Lewis to the roster.

Oby and Toston could be cut, or even just Oby if we add another back. Without an addition I could favor Toston over Oby based on tonight's game.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBishop View Post
    Bajema or Fells could get the axe.

Also, while doubtful, I could see conceivably see Null getting cut in order to add Lewis to the roster.

Oby and Toston could be cut, or even just Oby if we add another back. Without an addition I could favor Toston over Oby based on tonight's game.
    I agree I see null, and I would say bajema gets cut over fells because he is a little older.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Bajema won't be cut over Fells because he is a much better blocker. In fact i think Bajema is a better blocker than every other TE we have. That's why i see Fells going. He doesn't have the upside of a Hoomanawanui or Onobun, and isn't as good at blocking as Bajema.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Fells is the best pass catching TE we have. Uh Oh had a great game but Fells is proven to be a solid pass catching TE last year in real games (not to say Uh Oh wont). I see players such as Ono or even bajema (i agree he is the best blocker) and darcy johnson (wr/te player imo?) being cut before fells

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Alec22 View Post
    Fells is the best pass catching TE we have. Uh Oh had a great game but Fells is proven to be a solid pass catching TE last year in real games (not to say Uh Oh wont). I see players such as Ono or even bajema (i agree he is the best blocker) and darcy johnson (wr/te player imo?) being cut before fells
    You obviously haven't watched much Rams football if you think Fells is a proven solid pass catcher.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I agree with Rebel. He is very inconsistent and only had one good game last year vs the Packers where he caught two TD passes.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I agree with Rebel. He is very inconsistent and only had one good game last year vs the Packers where he caught two TD passes.
    He dropped several easy catches in the scrimmage and several in that first preseason game if I recall. Hasn't seen a lot of time since and may be outside looking in. Bajema, Illini Mike and I gotta believe Johnson is above Onobun for now. Just my guess.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

ITs hard to say at this Point. UH-OH has definitely shown that he is worthy to start alongside Bajema, because no doubt Bajema is the best blocker and also has one of the best set of hands. Fells is not a great blocker we all know that and Onobun hasnt really shown anything yet. Bajema can catch and block, HOO can catch and block, and Darcy Johnson can catch and block, but DID have some drops this preseason that I thought he should have caught.

WITH THIS SAID PEOPLE , I think its between Onobun and fells at TE, but I give the upper hand to Fells because he HAS shown that he can get into the END ZONE. He just needs to be more CONSISTENt, and has had HIS SHARE of drops as well too.

At QB, I definitely see NUll getting cut to make room for a good looking Thad Lewis. WR: I think Foster will be the only one cut from this paper thin corps. Unless they plan on keeping Curry ...

I think Toston or Ogby MAY get cut, but so far it looks to be Darby and Toston carrying the ball well. Ogby has good pass catching ability though....

I think LB Chris Chamberlain gets the melee and also definitely Antoine thompson. These guys SUCK IMHO. They deserve the "melee with your knife" (MW2 4 LIFE)

CANT WAIT FOR BLACK OPS......