general counsel is online now Registered User

swap of 3rd round picks

while i am supportive of the hall move, a couple of points.

1) I dont like swapping #3 picks with kc. ITs only a couple of spots, but it puts them ahead of us in terms of value for trading for jenkins. Every little bit counts.
    2) Interesting point by znrd regarding our kick return average and halls kick return average. I am a big believer that blocking is critical in the return game, people give too much credit and too much blame to the return guy. Sure, from time to time someone makes a great return, but think about how many of those long returns result from a huge hole that someone runs through untouched.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: swap of 3rd round picks

1) I dont like swapping #3 picks with kc. ITs only a couple of spots, but it puts them ahead of us in terms of value for trading for jenkins. Every little bit counts.
    I think there is something else brewing with us swaping picks, and the fact that both of our #5 picks are gone. It would not surprise me if there is some movement going on Saturday morning.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I think there is something else brewing with us swaping picks, and the fact that both of our #5 picks are gone. It would not surprise me if there is some movement going on Saturday morning.
    i think your right but as far as trading a few spots, i don't think that will come into play.as for both our #5 picks being gone,i like what we got for them ,we addressed to hugh needs and have proven players,not 2 rookies that we have to hope play well.

general counsel is online now Registered User

my gut tells me that we are going to get one of those #5 picks back for butler or that we have something else in mind for a trade, maybe throwing in terrell somewhere by using a forklift to haul his fat ass out of town.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

keith m. klink Guest

there are a lot of teams that need guards , big ass one's like tarrell , and the titans need DB help also , not to mention the trouble that minnasota's griffin , the cb , will be in now with his run in with the law . both of those guy's could bring a 5th to 7th rounder , and linehan has done great with his 7th round guy's . don't forget this tidbit . last year we also had TONY PALMER drafted , and DONAVAN RIEOLA . both are starting for other teams now . so give linehan some credit on later picks .

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    there are a lot of teams that need guards , big ass one's like tarrell , and the titans need DB help also , not to mention the trouble that minnasota's griffin , the cb , will be in now with his run in with the law . both of those guy's could bring a 5th to 7th rounder , and linehan has done great with his 7th round guy's . don't forget this tidbit . last year we also had TONY PALMER drafted , and DONAVAN RIEOLA . both are starting for other teams now . so give linehan some credit on later picks .
    im sure that Raiola retired, as he doesnt play football anymore. His brother Domanic starts for the Lions though. And i dont think Tony Palmer started for Green Bay. According to NFL.com he played in six games but didnt start any of them.

keith m. klink Guest

good call tomahawk , i don't always have my books and notes by me when i'm on here . and i was trying to go from memory , which you guy's know is shot . i think i should have read up a little and stated it better , about those two , that they were withus after the draft, and other teams found them as good players , but should have enphasisedthat SETTERSTROM , PALMER were 7th rounders , and RIEOLA AND that kid from fla. were free agent signings . thanks for the correction . KK.

DenisSerbia is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    my gut tells me that we are going to get one of those #5 picks back for butler or that we have something else in mind for a trade, maybe throwing in terrell somewhere by using a forklift to haul his fat ass out of town.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I don't want to give up Butler!!! He's mine, my precious...gollum,gollum!!!