Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: Swine Flu hits Rams park!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I imagine this is why so many players wear gloves when tossing around the pig-skin?

...no?
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

viper is offline Registered User

Or...it could be a strategically timed ploy to ensure that we get Suh with the first pick in the draft. Conspiracy theorists want to know...or not.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Try "Since Vermeil was gracefully pushed out."

/Oh...you wanted another round of "Bulger sux?" You need to go to the Post-Dispatch boards for that.
    No. I mean since Warner was kicked to the curb. We did OK after Vermiel "retired". Do I think we would have done better if he had stayed? That depends on if someone else would have made the mistake of putting Mad Mike in charge of their team. As an OC, I believe he was unbeatable with those players. As the head coach, I don't think there were the proper checks and balances to keep him in his place.

If I wanted to go to the post disgrace site, I wouldn't be here. With the exception of your post, this is one of the best forums on the web. I feel no need to go anywhere else for my RAMS fix.

gap

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    No. I mean since Warner was kicked to the curb. We did OK after Vermiel "retired". Do I think we would have done better if he had stayed? That depends on if someone else would have made the mistake of putting Mad Mike in charge of their team. As an OC, I believe he was unbeatable with those players. As the head coach, I don't think there were the proper checks and balances to keep him in his place.

If I wanted to go to the post disgrace site, I wouldn't be here. With the exception of your post, this is one of the best forums on the web. I feel no need to go anywhere else for my RAMS fix.

gap
    Vermeil leaving brought Shawmunt closer to power. You'll agree that was bad for the franchise, right?

You have 2 QBs, but can only afford to pay for one. Both are pretty good, but one has PTSD from playing behind your horrendous line for a few seasons and looks like he needs a couple of years to recover (if he recovers) and the other doesn't have PTSD yet. At the same time, the supporting cast is aging, and it looks like your window for success is closing, so "win now" is a likely M.O.

Without naming names or the benefit of hindsight, which QB would you choose to keep? The one with PTSD or the one without it?

I fault Shawmunt for many decisions made over the last decade. I do not fault them over the Warner/Bulger situation; they made the right call given the circumstances.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Vermeil leaving brought Shawmunt closer to power. You'll agree that was bad for the franchise, right?
    Very valid point, and one I hadn't considered.

You have 2 QBs, but can only afford to pay for one. Both are pretty good, but one has PTSD from playing behind your horrendous line for a few seasons and looks like he needs a couple of years to recover (if he recovers) and the other doesn't have PTSD yet. At the same time, the supporting cast is aging, and it looks like your window for success is closing, so "win now" is a likely M.O.

Without naming names or the benefit of hindsight, which QB would you choose to keep? The one with PTSD or the one without it?
    I never was sold on Bulger. He is a very good statistical QB, but he folds under pressure more than I would like a QB of his pay-grade to do. This includes the pressure of the Red Zone. I will agree that Kurt was not honest about his injury, and that made it easier for the team to kick him to the curb, but it wasn't the main reason. I still say that they should have dealt Bulger and kept Warner. Maybe if the team wasn't trying to get rid of Warner, he would have been more truthful about his injury.

I fault Shawmunt for many decisions made over the last decade. I do not fault them over the Warner/Bulger situation; they made the right call given the circumstances.
    I partially agree. Shawmunt is to blame for the downward spiral of this team. Now that he is gone, maybe BD can overcome the bad karma that has infected this team.

gap

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123