Wolfman85 is offline Registered User

Take on 4 Game packages

Hello Rams Fans,

I am a Bears Fans, but I am honestly not trying start trouble or stir up anything. I was just wondering what you guys make of the fact that the Rams are only offering the Bears game and the Dallas game as part of a 4 game package...at least initially. Now I know the Bears have done something similar with the Green Bay game in the past, making it part of a 2 game package with the other game being a pre-season game…and I also understand that other teams have done 2 game packages for certain games as well…but man, a 4-game package is pretty steep…at least from my point of view. What’s you’re guys take on this? Will this help the situation that occurred a few years ago...I was at that game too…

Btw, after hearing about package setup, I went ahead and got my tickets for the game from strubhub…not real happy about it, but what’s a guy to do…

Thanks and good luck with the season…minus November 23 that is…

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Re: Take on 4 Game packages

I'd like to comment but i can't, can someone clarify for me what a 4 game package is? Or what a package is for that matter?

Wolfman85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheBritishRam View Post
    I'd like to comment but i can't, can someone clarify for me what a 4 game package is? Or what a package is for that matter?
    Sorry, I should provided background...from Rams website:

Ticket prices range from $40 to $125 and are subject to availability. All ticket sales are subject to convenient charges. Tickets for the Chicago and Dallas games are only being sold in packages. If inventory does become available, there is a four (4) ticket limit for those two games. There is not a ticket limit on the remaining home games.

FLEX PLANS
    The St. Louis Rams Flex Plans are an affordable and flexible way to catch the excitement of Rams football. The Flex Plans allow you to create your own mini season ticket package with four or more games. Purchase your own Flex Plan beginning Friday, June 20 at 10:00 a.m. by going on-line at The official site of the St. Louis Rams - Home Page or by calling (314) 425-8830 and press (1).
    A Flex Plan purchaser will enjoy the following benefits:

• Flexibility to assemble a ticket package for as few as four games.
    • Affordability! For $152, you can experience the thrills of Rams home games.
    • Flex Plans are sold before single game tickets go on sale to the general public.

BUY NOW
    BLUE 4 PACK:
    Baltimore Ravens
    Buffalo Bills
    Dallas Cowboys
    Pick ONE or more of the following games:
    New York Giants
    Arizona Cardinals
    Miami Dolphins
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco *****
    GOLD 4 PACK:
    Baltimore Ravens
    Arizona Cardinals
    Chicago Bears
    Pick ONE or more of the following games:
    New York Giants
    Buffalo Bills
    Miami Dolphins
    Seattle Seahawks
    San Francisco *****

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Doing a 4-game package does seem idiotic. But then again, you're talking about the Rams front office, and when you're talking about the Rams front office, things can get- well.... idiotic. If the Rams can't fill in the seats, they should work on their product and marketing, rather than gouge fans wanting to see a live game.

Here's the short end of the stick Wolf... Rams had a crappy season last year and they lost a lot of money when the games didn't sell out, (a game that doesn't sell out gets blacked out. blacked out means no local syndication which = loss of $) Sounds like they're doing the 4 game package to ensure the games get broadcast. Can't remember which ones, but there were a couple games last year that weren't sold out, and the Rams bought up the remaining tix (& gave to charity or something) so that the games wouldn't be blacked out.

Rams prob'ly figure its better to get the initial sale so as to ensure the syndication, and let people sell the extra tix online or not go. Their actions are indicative of their mentality- they'd rather have empty seats and be broadcast, than have a mostly full and loud stadium but lose tv royalties.

It's a money thing wolf. Those early first round picks are expensive, you know!

Glad you got your tix so you can support your team when they lose. Maybe i'll see you there.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

The other reason for doing the package is to keep the fans of other teams from buying too many tickets. The Chargers do it for the Raiders games when they play them at home. Since there are so many Raiders fans throughout California and a plane ticket from Oakland to SD is relatively cheap, they flood the games. So what the teams do is make them buy a "package" as a deterrent. It works to a point, but if there is a big enough market the ticket agents (legalized scalpers) still buy them up and split them out. I think St. Louis got their first taste of a really bad team and modern economics last year with the Bears game, so they are following suit....

Joe