Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Take Bulger Out Now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    And if Ferotte gets injured we still have Hagans and Bennett. What do we have to lose?
    Has Hagans even been active this year? I hope he is for this week at least. Although in the case of either one of them, this comes at the cost of an available wideout. If it looks like Incognito will not play this week, then the Rams probably should sit Bulger for his own safety. I'd prefer that the Rams' $60+ million quarterback not suffer permanent injury or need to be peeled off the Texas Stadium turf with a spatula. At least Ferotte's healthy enough that they should feel confident enough to do more than throw hitches all game.

smokeshow is offline Registered User

Very Gutsy when is the last time a QB played with broken ribs? I had bruised wibs once and every breath was painful. I give a lot of props to Bulger to try but I agree it might be time to step down for a little.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    No!

The best players will play. If he's healthy enought to play and give us a fighting chance, then he should play.

All this talk about a 'week off' is garbage.
    After the way Marc played last Sunday? Assuming the injury is hindering his ability to throw the ball with some zing and accuracy? I say sit him!!! It will only take 1 hit and he'll be on the sidelines anyway.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I completely agree- if he's not healthy, to the point where he is not out best option at QB then sit him. If he is able to play through it, then you have to think he'd be our best shot to chalk up a W under center.

So I have a question; Which is better?

Marc Bulger with a broken rib?

OR

No Marc Bulger at all?

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I say sit him. And I say that because I honestly believe that a 100% healthy Gus Frerotte is a better QB right now than Marc Bulger with the injuries that he has - look at the Tampa game for examples, did Bulger look healthy? I don't think so, he was afraid to get hit, he threw with uncharacteristic poor accuracy etc. Gus gives us the best chance to win this week I believe, unless Marc Bulger has healed a miraculous amount in short time, and if we protect Bulger's future a little while going with the players that give us the best chance to win all the better. But first and foremost a healthy Frerotte gives us the best chance right now I think.

Kane is offline Registered User

I completely disagree with the original post. Taking Bulger out is a give up call. It's like saying "we haven't got a prayer of winning, so let's not bother trying".

Whether you agree with it or not, the point of Linehan going with a younger offensive line last season was so that they could get better and be the foundation for future success. So we take Bulger out and basically say to them "sure we believe in you guys, but we're taking our franchise QB out because we don't think you can improve and we don't want him getting creamed". I don't think so.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Good point, Kane. The proof will be in finding out whether MB can play effectively or not e-a-r-l-y in the game.

I agree in that Bulger has perhaps a better feel for the ever changing OL we've had this year and has, of course, more real battle experience with our top notch WRs. But is he physically well, truly, to drive the offense all the way to the end zone a few times at Dallas? He claims he is.

I only hope that if he does not get things going EARLY this Sunday, if he's hit hard and/or feels he's really not at 100%, that he instead tags Gus the ball and allows him to prove his backup value. After all, Frerotte is expected to be ready for these situations and this Sunday is clearly, definitely, the highest point of probability to carry out this change (again, mainly due to Marc's ribs).

May the best man WIN! :bash:

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    I completely disagree with the original post. Taking Bulger out is a give up call. It's like saying "we haven't got a prayer of winning, so let's not bother trying".

Whether you agree with it or not, the point of Linehan going with a younger offensive line last season was so that they could get better and be the foundation for future success. So we take Bulger out and basically say to them "sure we believe in you guys, but we're taking our franchise QB out because we don't think you can improve and we don't want him getting creamed". I don't think so.
    Taking Bulger out isn't a "give up call." His broken ribs changed his game and our whole gameplan last week. So it's not about showing that we believe in the O Line, it's about putting a healthy QB in that gives us a better chance to win the game. We have a good backup, they need to play him. It's not like we have Jaime Martin anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Taking Bulger out isn't a "give up call." His broken ribs changed his game and our whole gameplan last week. So it's not about showing that we believe in the O Line, it's about putting a healthy QB in that gives us a better chance to win the game. We have a good backup, they need to play him. It's not like we have Jaime Martin anymore.

Exactly. Bulger is not 100% and his play reflects that. The subconscious is a *****! He is not the best person for the job at this moment and in no way is that a signal that we are "giving up".

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Does anyone wish to compare/contrast this with Kurt warner when he would play injured?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Guys, if Bulger was injured to where he couldn't play he wouldn't even be practicing during the week.

I want the best players on the field and to me that's Bulger with three broken ribs over a healthy Freotte.

This isn't baseball, there's 16 games, you can't just give a guy a week off unless it's totally necessary

prof22693 is offline Registered User

i still think we are better going with frerrotte. bulger will get hit, his ribs will get worse, gus is bound to go in. if not, then bulger will be in even worse shape by next week, and we really dont want to injure him long term. i agree that frerrotte is our best chance now, bulger will be so worried about getting hit. if we keep him in this will lead to more complications later on this season. i think we should let gus play, let marc heal up, in time for cogs to be back and fakhir brown. at least then we will have a chance to salvage our season.

Wyoming is offline Registered User

[quote=RealRam;189878]At least a week. Move up Berlin from PSquad, rest MB for a couple of weeks or three. And let's ride with Frerotte for a while.

Well that in and of itself presents a problem. Who do you release to make room for Berlin to be bumped up? Definately can't release a lineman on either side of the ball because we need the depth. Can't release a corner because, well, are "starters" technically ARE the depth. Who would you suggest?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

A tight end.

Wyoming is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    A tight end.
    Now there's a thought. The Rams have four tight ends on the roster. They should have at least three for a goaline offense, PLUS a fullback. With Leonard starting at halfback then we have to use a tight end for that. So if you release one tight end and just use a tackle as an extra tight end that would probably work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast