throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bigtiger737 Guest

Re: Take Five: What we like about the Rams, and what needs fixing

Ok guys let me explain about why I say freeney, I simply think that with him as an addition. It would be very difficult for Lines to stop both him and Little, who do you double up to block?? With this look for a good young DT, (not another kennedy)! and the pressure would be awsome run or pass. I also think London would be a very very very smart notion as we'll... I can see where maybe it would backfire too though, but I belive it would work

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Freeney falters when you run the ball right at him, which isnt going to help this run defense one bit

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Here's the thing fellas, the problem is not our Linebacker core, infact we have one of the best cores in the league. The problem is the middle, and the right side. They're not getting pressure on the QB. What made guys like Ray Lewis good is that the O line wasn't getting a chance to T off on him. Trust me we sure up our defensive line, and Dubspoon, and 50 will have probowl years. We really need to just focus on our D line. Now if we have the chance to land Fletcher back then yes get him. But we need some Hogs in the middle of our D line, and one more cover DB like Hill. On the offensive side I would add depth to our O line, and bring in a good back up for Stevie Wonder Jackson. One or two big playmakers and we have a SuperBowl contending team.

Why we let Wistrom go I'll never know.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,that is what it's all about..As an organization we haven't wanted to pay big to keep our defensive players,Fletcher,Wistrom,Bly,B.Fisher..Until we actually build sumthing we will continue to have a mediocre defense,and to build we need to make a commitment to $$$$...:l

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigtiger737 View Post
    Ok guys let me explain about why I say freeney, I simply think that with him as an addition. It would be very difficult for Lines to stop both him and Little, who do you double up to block??
    Teams would have a field day running delayed runs, draws, and screens against a team with two speed rushers. Nevermind running right at them with a power running game. If we didn't already have a speedy edge rusher in Little, Freeney could be an option. But starting two of them on one team is suicide IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

viper is offline Registered User

I think we have the beginnings of a solid foundation for the future to build upon. A few strategic FA and draft acquisitions of playmakers on defence and we can look forward to a bright future.

On a side note, alot of people around here consider London Fletcher to be one of those FA's that we should pursue. I have always been a fan of his and believe losing him was the beginning of our downfall. But, is he really the right guy now? How old is he getting to be? I'd like to get someone younger that we can build around for years to come.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 81~BIG-GAME View Post
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,that is what it's all about..As an organization we haven't wanted to pay big to keep our defensive players,Fletcher,Wistrom,Bly,B.Fisher..Until we actually build sumthing we will continue to have a mediocre defense,and to build we need to make a commitment to $$$$...:l
    In defense of ownership(and believe me I'm not one to sheepishly defend ownership)but in the case of Wistrom Seattle WAY overpaid to get him just like Wash. did with Arch this year.
    The guy I'm really ticked about leaving was Fletcher because that was a matter of the idiot Martz not returning his calls and treating him like he wasn't important.
    Well I guess that's how he treated our D and ST during his tenure that's why both areas still need help.

RamsFan16 Guest

PEOPLE:

Explain to me why you think Freeney will end up a Free Agent? He's on a winning team, will get a bunch of money from Indianapolis or will be tagged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12