ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Take it or Leave it?

Do you expect to have the St. Louis Rams to win the NFC West next season?
    I'll Take it.

1-15, 7-9 a game away from breaking through. I'm expecting us next season within a weak division to break through to win the division. One more year for our young guys to get better and adding talent from the draft and FA when that finally does happen. Is that wrong to think? That our sights and expectations shouldn't be anything less than a division title? The team that won the Super Bowl last year was one of the youngest teams in the NFL as we are, I can see us doing something special this next year.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -04-19-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Take it or Leave it?

at time of typing yes i think we are atleast favorites for the division..however the off-season hasn`t really happened yet so we shall see..if one of our QB needy rivals could land a quality QB like say if the Niners traded for Carson Palmer,then possibly that would make them favorites again. though it will be interesting to see what happens to their D now that both Nolan and now Singletary are not pulling the strings there anymore.
    Cards i think also would be favorites if they landed him..
    if Seattle got Palmer then i wouldnt be as concerned and still think that we could take the division.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

We will win it, Cards biggest threats if they can land a decent QB.

Trevor is offline Registered User

We got it. We were a couple close games away from a winning record. Tampa bay and raiders game come to mind.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

With all the legal issues going on...
    FA hasn't happened yet as a result of first statement...
    I like our chances, but it's too early to say at this point....
    Last edited by rNemesis; -04-20-2011 at 11:27 AM.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

This lockout hurts the Rams more so then any other team in the division but the Rams are that close in finsihing its rebuild. What would have happened in free agancy would have made the draft clearer. So teams pick best talent available at the time of their pick while others address needs. Still others are working toward a plan. Of the three the latter offers greater long term prospects for success.

So with the up coming draft do the Rams go WR? That is a glaring need considering a couple more catches and the Rams where in the playoffs in 2010. Or do the Rams hope for free agency after the draft for WR help?

Normally I would argue, build the core of your team with long term o-line and defense, secure a solid QB (already done) and create an offense with the tools at hand. Considering 2011 season that idea I suggest throw out the window. First 5 games are brutal and it doesnt get much better after that--so get a WR or RB. I wouldn't be surprised if by week 7 its a battle of attrition for the Rams they need to over come

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Normally I would argue, build the core of your team with long term o-line and defense, secure a solid QB (already done) and create an offense with the tools at hand. Considering 2011 season that idea I suggest throw out the window. First 5 games are brutal and it doesnt get much better after that--so get a WR or RB. I wouldn't be surprised if by week 7 its a battle of attrition for the Rams they need to over come
    I think it would be imperitive for us to take the best OLINE/DLINE prospect with the 14th overall pick and go out in FA when it comes and Get Sidney Rice. From reports he will not be returning to the Vikings. That would help us be more well rounded with talent.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    This lockout hurts the Rams more so then any other team in the division but the Rams are that close in finsihing its rebuild. What would have happened in free agancy would have made the draft clearer. So teams pick best talent available at the time of their pick while others address needs. Still others are working toward a plan. Of the three the latter offers greater long term prospects for success.

So with the up coming draft do the Rams go WR? That is a glaring need considering a couple more catches and the Rams where in the playoffs in 2010. Or do the Rams hope for free agency after the draft for WR help?

I agree that my first choice for a first round draft pick would be a D-Linemann and not the popular choice of a WR like Jones. I'm not sold on Jones at all. Too many drops for me. Besides, I still beleive that you build a contender from the line out. The only reason the Rams had any shot at winning the division last year and getting into the playoffs was the fact that the division was pathetic.

...and will continue to be next season. Which is why the Rams have a good shot at winning it.

But I disagree with the assessment that the Rams are hurt by the lockout more than any team in the division. The Whiners are the biggest losers in this thing. No QB and no way to go get one at this point, a new HC, OC ,DC, and ST coach and all new schemes to learn. No, the Whiners are suffering the most here. I know the Rams have a new OC but Bradford knows that scheme and should pick it up fast. My biggest concern about him is the old sophmore jinx.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968