general counsel Guest

Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

Advice please from my clanram brothers. I will be seeing the rams in september when they visit atlanta. Question, is a three year old too young to go to a live football game and sit down close where its very loud? Technically, she will be a month from her third birthday. Loves the rams, but I wonder whether she can handle the noise and make it the full five hours including pregame without resulting in numerous trips up the aisle, which would not be good during the game.

How young were your kids when you took them to their first rams game.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

UnderdogRam is offline Registered User

Re: Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

My son went at 3 and had the best time. 3 Hours gets to be a long time, so plenty of food helps.

He is six now and has seen 3 games. I think his favorite was his first, he still talks about it.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Well, the fact that you're going to a Rams away game and rooting for them will probably increase the chance of her hearing something you might not want her to hear. Honestly, I'm not sure I would do it at that age to an away game, now that I remember some of the comments that were made to my family and I in Pittsburgh when we were sporting our Rams gear.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I don't think a three year old has the attention span to sit thru an entire game, but perhaps that depends on the three year old. The noise can bother them and you can not count on the fans to act in any civilized manner especially if you are not the home team.

My brother brings his kids to the Steelers games. He has season tickets and he gets some cooperation from the fans that sit close by. His 8 year old son sat thru a raining cold game with us. He was a trooper.

Try it, but be ready to leave before the game is over if necessary.
    UtterBlitz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Advice please from my clanram brothers. I will be seeing the rams in september when they visit atlanta.

general counsel
    Well well well, So will I. Do I see a mini-bash coming ?

WILLN107 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Taking your kids to the dome-How young is OK?

I took my 2 yr old to the Green Bay game last year and he sat thru it no problem and even cheered for the Rams sometime he was the first to yell go. We were at the dome so it was friendly people. I would think that three would be great and the bond you will make will last forever. Go for it.

elAcky Guest

I took my 2.5 y/o to Barney a few weeks back... it went on for 2 hours (couldn't beleive it)... she loved it and danced in the aisle (she dances better than me - thats for sure)... the downside (not for me) is that she was exhausted for the last quarter nad spent it on my lap with her thumb in her mouth.... I'll remember that bit more than the show.

ramfaninpgh is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Well, the fact that you're going to a Rams away game and rooting for them will probably increase the chance of her hearing something you might not want her to hear. Honestly, I'm not sure I would do it at that age to an away game, now that I remember some of the comments that were made to my family and I in Pittsburgh when we were sporting our Rams gear.
    Accept my apologies for the cretins you encountered in Pittsburgh. I went that game too, and the behavior of some Steeler fans around children was pretty bad. And these kids were wearing Steelers gear!

I would be concerned about taking little ones to a game in hostile territory, just because people sometimes can't or don't want to control themselves. If you go, enjoy yourself, but be prepared, even if it means leaving early.
    :angryram: RamFanInPgh

fearlessone is offline Registered User

GC,

I was in ATL during the SEC championship game last year and the police were saying that crowds were thin for the 'cons games. If Vick stays healthy and ATL has a winning record then I may be a bit concerned about the noise but if they stink again like last year than I would think it would be an opportune time to introduce your daughter to a live football game.

ATL :ramlogo:
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

general counsel Guest

Thanks fearlessone, my thoughts exactly. the thing is, its the falcons home opener and hope springs eternal. Of course, if vick gets hurt again in the preseason......

Thanks everyone for your input. I think i am going to take her to a falcons preseason game, sit her up close and see how she does before i take the big plunge on the rams tix for her.

ramming speed to all

sign the big man

general counsel