Thread: talent?

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

talent?

Apparently there's not much depth on this team, as that is about all a pre-season game can tell you...their depth is better than ours, no surprise.

However, I think I realized last year that there's not really much proven talent on this team, especially talent in their prime.

A lot of young hopefuls, and serviceable veterans, as does every team in the NFL.

I think Steven Jackson is probably the only player on this team with a realistic chance of making the pro-bowl. (aside from our kickers).

This score of 34-14 (or whatever) reminds me of where we left off in the last game vs. AZ last year:

Rams: 19 Cards: 48

vs

1 2 3 4 OT T Rams (3-13-0) 3 3 13 0 19 Cardinals (8-8-0) 3 21 7 17 48
    STL: M. Bulger (13-25, 176) , T. Holt (7-93)
    ARI: K. Warner (23-39, 300) , L. Fitzgerald (11-171)

btimsah Guest

Re: talent?

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Apparently there's not much depth on this team, as that is about all a pre-season game can tell you...their depth is better than ours, no surprise.

However, I think I realized last year that there's not really much proven talent on this team, especially talent in their prime.

A lot of young hopefuls, and serviceable veterans, as does every team in the NFL.

I think Steven Jackson is probably the only player on this team with a realistic chance of making the pro-bowl. (aside from our kickers).

This score of 34-14 (or whatever) reminds me of where we left off in the last game vs. AZ last year:

vs

But their starters are also better than our starters. We appear to have the worst offensive line in the league.

Not joking.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Our offensive line looks pretty bad, as I'm watching the game now. I'll give them a slight break in that the Titans defensive line is apparently one of the best in the league and the whole "defensive is ahead of the offense at this point".

Actually my take away from the game so far is that our defense is way undersized. Chris long just looks like another one of our typical undersized defenders who gets pushed around and takes bad angles. So far, if you take the name "Long" off the jersey I'd be like "who is this backup, he won't make the team".

They did say that Vince Young completed something like 22 of 26 passes in the scrimmage, so apparently we were getting bullied all week!!

Brian Leonard is really starting to look like a waste of a 2nd round pick.

Wow, isn't it fun being a Rams fan??? At least we had 1999.

TheBritishRam is online now Registered User

I think the best stat (or fact) revealed today is that the Packers last year suffered a very similar result, and it was said that Favre had no faith in his young team mates, but you'd all agree they turned out to have a pretty good season. But i bet there weren't any fans calling for heads to roll after that.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post

vs

Well your wrong about that. A pre-season game can apparantly tell you the season is over already just go ask the doom and gloom club on this site.
    Just Fix It