ramhard is offline Registered User

Talent and Coaching - player performance

As I watched Desean Jackson (2nd round choice) play on Monday night (even with the bonehead play) and Eddie Royal tearing it up for Denver (2nd round choice) as a rookies , and I listen to our coach talking about 'working in his rookies'. I wonder why is it that teams with better talent than the Rams getting their rookies drafted lower more playing time and more production. Then I started thinking when was the last draft choice of the Rams to overproduce - Ryan from last year might be a candidate but he hasn't shown he can sustain that. Seems the Rams choices either perform at or below expectations. That's both scouting and coaching.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Talent and Coaching - player performance

So far Burton and Avery havent had a chance to go in there. They are getting banged up and Avery is returning, Burton was fine basically but will be out a few weeks. if Avery and Burton were healthy, we still wouldnt see much from them, not because there not as talented as D-jax and Royal, but because the coaches rather have Hall, Looker, etc. in there. And im sure when Bennet returns, he'll be put back into the #2 for some stupid ass reason. Avery and Burton cant produce, if there not in the game, and they havent been put in the game. Im just putting my 2 cents in on Avery and Burton.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    So far Burton and Avery havent had a chance to go in there. They are getting banged up and Avery is returning, Burton was fine basically but will be out a few weeks. if Avery and Burton were healthy, we still wouldnt see much from them, not because there not as talented as D-jax and Royal, but because the coaches rather have Hall, Looker, etc. in there. And im sure when Bennet returns, he'll be put back into the #2 for some stupid ass reason. Avery and Burton cant produce, if there not in the game, and they havent been put in the game. Im just putting my 2 cents in on Avery and Burton.
    Not to mention that it's hard to run deep pass patterns that take time to develop when your QB is gettin' smoked and is running scared. I wonder what D. Jax and E. Royal's stats would be right now if they played on the Rams instead of teams that actually block for their qb.

WHAT SAY YE?

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I think ramhard makes a valid point. When you see other rookies who were drafted in the same round making an immediate impact, you wonder if the faith placed in guys like Burton and Avery is warranted. The recent Rams drafts certainly have a lot of question marks. It is too early to tell, as the Rams have other issues to deal with, but Jackson (Philly) and Royal (Denver) certainly look good- and Burton and Avery need to show that their draft positions were justified.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Not to mention that it's hard to run deep pass patterns that take time to develop when your QB is gettin' smoked and is running scared. I wonder what D. Jax and E. Royal's stats would be right now if they played on the Rams instead of teams that actually block for their qb.

WHAT SAY YE?
    Maybe if we would have drafted some O-lineman that didn't suck in the last 10 years we wouldn't have this reciever problem.
    All our problems at every position and throughout this whole team come from the top.They are either completely incompetent or they just don't care.