RamWraith is offline Registered User

Taylor Stubblefield signs contract with St. Louis Rams

By SCOTT SPRUILL
    YAKIMA HERALD-REPUBLIC

Taylor Stubblefield is back in business.

For the second time in his young, aspiring pro career, the Davis High School graduate has a free-agent contract in the National Football League after signing a one-year deal with the St. Louis Rams.

"I'm happy and excited about this," he said today. "I like the idea of playing on turf and in a system more like we ran at Purdue. This is good news."

A record-setting wide receiver during his seasons at Purdue, which concluded with back-to-back senior all-star games a year ago, Stubblefield has had two previous free-agent contracts with the Carolina Panthers of the NFL and, most recently, the Edmonton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League.

The timing of his most recent signing opens the possibility of playing in the NFL's European League, which begins play in March and has, for 12 years, featured many young and up-and-coming athletes allocated to the league by the NFL.

"That is possible, but right now I have no idea if it will happen," Stubblefield said. "My agent had me fill out some paperwork and I got a passport. From what I understand they're like farm-club teams and most of the guys who play over there are on teams now but didn't play a lot."

Stubblefield's contract calls for him to report for workouts by March 1. St. Louis' mini-camp is in June.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

Re: Stubblefield signs contract with St. Louis Rams

You scared me! I thought we signed DANA Stubblefield!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Another example of a big-time college producer that couldn't translate his talents to the NFL. But hopefully, he can put it together and contribute.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Another example of a big-time college producer that couldn't translate his talents to the NFL. But hopefully, he can put it together and contribute.
    Why not.Looker did very well in europe,and hes a better wide out than Martz gives him credit for.If looker wasnt such a good ball holder,Martz would have cut him.

bruce_wannabe Guest

Re: Taylor Stubblefield signs contract with St. Louis Rams

he has never had a chance!!!!!!! he would be a great possession receiver if looker goes elsewhere