Thread: This team

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

This team

Does anyone really think this team is as bad as we are playing right now? I had high hopes for this season and took it pretty badly when we started losing right out the gates. I am trying to think of why and it is so obvious.

Is it the Coaches fault? It can be but with all the injuries how do you come up with any consistancy in your playbook? Short passes QB dies long Passes QB dies. RB hurt plus the whole line hurt = no run game to take pressure off beat up QB's. So no I could not put this on the coach. Take away Welker, Tom Brady, and The whole o-line and the Patriots are not a great team.

Lets see now defense? Yeah they still suck and have weekness in every spot. That is an area though I fealt going into this season that was a huge ????? The defense is definatly rebuilding and hopefully the high pick we get will be used on a immediate difference maker.

Offense see the coach area we all know that an offense that banged up could not put up the numbers we are used too around these parts. Last week though we saw some life out of them.

So the obvious choice is the reoccuring week defense and banged up offense. I am not sitting here thinking this team will be bad for the next 10 years. I think this season was an injury plagued season that will be long forgotten by mid season next year. Yes I do know that is a long time but we have no choice but to wait it out now do we?

I think we let Linehan have at least a healthy season to see if he can right the ship. If this team faulters next year then a change should be made. BTW is it just me or should the conditioning coach be put out to pasture.

LET'S GO DODGERS

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: This team

We have the talent, but talent means nothing if the offensive line does not play well. Defense wears out too quickly.
    And I noticed, all 3 of those TD passes on us were just simply BEAUTIFUL passes by Anderson's part, you just can't defend a perfect pass unless you get a good pass rush, something we did not get.

blood85 is offline Registered User

either that or our midget corners can't cover.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

With the talent we have? No, i don't think anyone saw this comming. The injuries, our line, 0-8....not in a million years. But i do think there is one thing that needs to be pointed out, and thats the lack of breakaway speed in our specialty positions. Jax, Leonard, in the backfield can break some sure tackles but lack the speed to get to the outside. Bulger can't run and create like a Hasselbeck or Vince Young. If he can't make time for himself then thats not going to help the fact that Randy, issac, torry and drew can't really get beyond the younger db's that are trying to make names for themselves. The line of coure, will certainly help in freeing up some space if we had a good one, but we don't and the long gainers we've prided ourselves with in the passing game for many years is not what it used to be because the guys catching or running the ball are not as fast as they used to be either.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The line of coure, will certainly help in freeing up some space if we had a good one, but we don't and the long gainers we've prided ourselves with in the passing game for many years is not what it used to be because the guys catching or running the ball are not as fast as they used to be either.
    Fast or not I have seen many plays where Bruce and Holt get open but Bulger is laying on his back. I remeber a series vs Baltimore where two plays in a row Holts double move left him wide yet Ferrote was getting buried. This offense is still quite capable given a o-line.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Fast or not I have seen many plays where Bruce and Holt get open but Bulger is laying on his back. I remeber a series vs Baltimore where two plays in a row Holts double move left him wide yet Ferrote was getting buried. This offense is still quite capable given a o-line.
    Exactly. No time to throw = bad play or no play at all.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I think Scott Linehan offically ended our season when he went for a 57 yd FG in the closing minutes of the game against the ***** instead of going for the first down and getting closer. He also ruined Wilkins confidence with that stupid call also. They haven't played well since. That bonehead decision put us at 0-2 for the season and 0-2 at home.

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I think Scott Linehan offically ended our season when he went for a 57 yd FG in the closing minutes of the game against the ***** instead of going for the first down and getting closer. He also ruined Wilkins confidence with that stupid call also. They haven't played well since. That bonehead decision put us at 0-2 for the season and 0-2 at home.
    Our season wasn't over at 0-2, that's a bit premature. The massive amount of injuries has been the biggest part of our season being over. Sprinkle in some bad playcalling, questionable decisions and voila, season over. Also I highly doubt that Wilkins lost his confidence because he missed a 57 yard FG, I think Wilkins knew that it was a longshot at best to make it. When Wilkins started to miss the chipshot FGs is when he lost his confidence.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Our season wasn't over at 0-2, that's a bit premature. The massive amount of injuries has been the biggest part of our season being over. Sprinkle in some bad playcalling, questionable decisions and voila, season over. Also I highly doubt that Wilkins lost his confidence because he missed a 57 yard FG, I think Wilkins knew that it was a longshot at best to make it. When Wilkins started to miss the chipshot FGs is when he lost his confidence.

Yeah, but he started to miss those chipshots right after that game. I think that game took the wind right out of this team's sails. I really think that game made the team lose confidence in Linehan's coaching ability. It was a bad decision to go for that long of a FG with the possibilty of going 0-2 and more importantly- 0-2 at home on the line. But that's the way Linehan calls games- he plays not to lose- he doesn't play to win.

Yeah, but he started to miss those chipshots right after that game. I think that game took the wind right out of this team's sails. I really think that game made the team lose confidence in Linehan's coaching ability. It was a bad decision to go for that long of a FG with the possibilty of going 0-2 and more importantly- 0-2 at home on the line. But that's the way Linehan calls games- he plays not to lose- he doesn't play to win.
    That's quite possible. Quite frankly it's been such a long and dismal season I hardly remember game 2 anymore unfortunately.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

That's quite possible. Quite frankly it's been such a long and dismal season I hardly remember game 2 anymore unfortunately.

Unfortunately, I can't forget. I had to watch it in the company of two of my friends who are Whiner fans.:\

Unfortunately, I can't forget. I had to watch it in the company of two of my friends who are Whiner fans.:\
    Fortunately I have no Whiner friends. Hopefully we can split with the Whiners this year so you can have a little revenge.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Fortunately I have no Whiner friends. Hopefully we can split with the Whiners this year so you can have a little revenge.

And to add insult to injury, I also have friends that are Cowgirl friends and had to witness the thrashing they gave us in front of them. I really need to associate with a better class of people.

And to add insult to injury, I also have friends that are Cowgirl friends and had to witness the thrashing they gave us in front of them. I really need to associate with a better class of people.

Sounds like it's been a tough year for you, and all of us Rams fans. :\

There are great people here so I hope you stick around for some good discussion and friendly debate. :l
    BRUUUUUUUUCE