Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By macrammer
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By MelloStang

Thread: This team...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This team...

Is full of idiots. What was McD trying yesterday splitting SJAX out wide almost all game? He put him in the slot or outside the numbers, and only caught the ball once. Really? A pro bowl RB, and you throw him out there? So, you're telling the Seahawks we are refusing to run the ball, and only have 5 guys protecting. He basically took SJAX out of that game. And not only that. He could of put SJAX beside Bradford for protection. Is he not aware that we had a 3rd string LT from the practice squad playing against Chris Clemons? He didn't give the line any help what so ever. No chips from WR's, TE's, or RB's. He didn't leave anybody in the backfield.

Half the time Sam got cranked with the ball, the other half was Sam's fault. This team is the worst prepared team I've ever seen in all of sports history. They cant make in-game adjustments, so if were only winning by 7, expect that lead to be diminished within 10 minutes of game time.

Why is Spags so comfortable with a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter? And looks like were in contention for that #1 pick again, and if it wasn't for the Colts, we'd be favourites for it right now.

Dolphins > Rams
    Last edited by RamDez; -11-22-2011 at 04:10 AM. Reason: removed expletive

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: This team...

I'm glad you brought this up sosa39rams.

This was a clear cut case of our offense adjusting to the Seahawks defense. Bradford said as much in his post game press conference. After watching tapes of the Seahawks D the RAMS braintrust decided that this was the most effective way to attack them. How'd that workout for us?!!!!!! When are we going to stick with what works for us and make the opposition adjust to what we are good at? Steven Jackson has been carrying the load with alot of success in recent weeks, no? Hell we better stop doing that! We need to play grind it out wear them down offense. That's what's working for the Whiners.

macrammer is offline Registered User

A clear cut act of desperation by coaching staff and only magnifies the fact Rams have no identity other then NFL doormats.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I brought this up in another thread, and it still disturbs me. It was clear early that the plan to spread things out and attack the Seattle defense was not working. Bradford was struggling, but instead of adjusting to help him out, McDaniels for some reason stuck with the plan. To make things worse, he seemed completely at a loss on the sideline while sitting next to a somewhat shaken looking Bradford, leading to the now infamous head in hand moment. Not a good situation at all.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

As someone just pointed out the coaches decided on a certain way to attack the 'Hawks and that's what they did. When it didn't work... they did it some more. When met with more failure they tried it some more. The biggest failure of this team to date, at least in my mind, is their inability to adapt - especially on the fly. McDaniel's is determined to pound this square peg into a round hole.

Anyone think this is payback for Spags because Spags beat McDaniels in the SB?

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Anyone think this is payback for Spags because Spags beat McDaniels in the SB?
    That would require plotting to leave New England and getting hired by the Broncos, then running that team into the ground on schedule with the Rams getting the first pick in a draft in which they would draft a quarterback.

At this point does anyone think McDaniels has the mental acumen to mastermind such a plot?

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    That would require plotting to leave New England and getting hired by the Broncos, then running that team into the ground on schedule with the Rams getting the first pick in a draft in which they would draft a quarterback.

At this point does anyone think McDaniels has the mental acumen to mastermind such a plot?
    Didn't think of it that way. But now that you ask, absolutely not! .. He cant even construct a gameplan to work against an NFL team.
    live4ramin likes this.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

McDaniels is just another case of one guy getting too much credit for the success of an organization, the Patriots has a cast of players and other coaches that made him look like a genius. It happens every year in the NFL, look no further than Martz, how did he do with the Whiners and the Lions after he left here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

This team......has problems........deep rooted problems that most likely will not be fixed this offseason because the problem has to do with management and i dont think Billy is stepping down and i dont know if Stan even exists at this point.So i dont see him all of a sudden coming out of the shadows and cleaning house.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Why is Spags so comfortable with a 7 point lead in the 1st quarter?
    Because we are afraid of our own offense.
    "The horror"

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    McDaniels is just another case of one guy getting too much credit for the success of an organization, the Patriots has a cast of players and other coaches that made him look like a genius. It happens every year in the NFL, look no further than Martz, how did he do with the Whiners and the Lions after he left here?
    I don't want to be a Martz apologist but Singletary didn't want any part of the wide open offense Martz wanted to run. He just wanted to run Gore. Detroit was like the Rams are now, lousy.

MelloStang is offline Registered User

McD got too much credit is right , the Patriots are 15 minutes from where i live and i hear their talk all day. They play the same no matter who is in that booth Bellichek is the only reason.McD getting this job wasnt something that made me happy and we are all seeing what it is like to have this guy on your team making big decisions. The Rams are not going to change anytime soon it needs yet again an upheavel of the staff and a few players. This has been heading this way ever since i heard the gave Bulger that huge extension, and he immediatly sucked . They forced Vermeil out for Martz and Warner out for Bulger and have been paying for it ever since.
    makersncoke likes this.