Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

Give Me A Yes Or No And An Explanation For Your Pick...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

No.

This team has a better core of players, and I think that there will be a relatively quick turn around.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

I hope not, but if some changes aren't made up top, it could unravel again pretty quickly. Luckily, I think we're still on that threshold where it could topple either way...

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Yes.

We're already 4 years into being the '90's Rams.

Let's see, we're 22-34 since Mike Martz's blunder in the divisional playoff game with the Panthers in our 12-4 '03 season. So this will be our fourth consecutive non-winning season. Many of our "core" players are old and on the downside of their careers, or have major health issues (Jackson's back) and will need to be replaced soon.

Let's face it, Holt & Bruce have their best days behind them. We'll need to (should?) spend the bulk of our draft picks on linemen, so getting quality receivers and a game-changing RB to replace them might be difficult. We don't have any depth at any position (except TE) for trade-bait, so we'll have to acquire them through the draft or FA. There's only a scant few quality guys out there every year on the FA list, and most would probably not opt to play for this organization.

Given the history of our inability as an organization (Georgia era) to attract the best FA's out there, and our poor player personnel evalutation in the draft, I'd say we're probably 2-3 years away from turning this thing around, if at all.

The reality is, the Rams, since 1979, have been a losing organization. What makes anyone think the current management/ownership can turn it around? We all want it to, we all hope it will, but what would give any fan hope that this management of the Rams can be consistantly successful? History is not on our side.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Yes! the O-line issues need to be fixed. Injuries spread like a disease this year but unless we start getting some real help in that area through the draft or free agency, our offense will continue in this direction.

Yes, its an old team, top heavy with stars that unfortunatly need pay cuts or to move on.

Also, we do need new ownership soon.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Yes! the O-line issues need to be fixed. Injuries spread like a disease this year but unless we start getting some real help in that area through the draft or free agency, our offense will continue in this direction.
    Yes, sadly. :\

Time for a carefully thought out overhaul. Or else...

itsguud is offline Registered User

Yes.... Haven't already become much worse then that?!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes.

We're already 4 years into being the '90's Rams.

Let's see, we're 22-34 since Mike Martz's blunder in the divisional playoff game with the Panthers in our 12-4 '03 season. So this will be our fourth consecutive non-winning season. Many of our "core" players are old and on the downside of their careers, or have major health issues (Jackson's back) and will need to be replaced soon.

Let's face it, Holt & Bruce have their best days behind them. We'll need to (should?) spend the bulk of our draft picks on linemen, so getting quality receivers and a game-changing RB to replace them might be difficult. We don't have any depth at any position (except TE) for trade-bait, so we'll have to acquire them through the draft or FA. There's only a scant few quality guys out there every year on the FA list, and most would probably not opt to play for this organization.

Given the history of our inability as an organization (Georgia era) to attract the best FA's out there, and our poor player personnel evalutation in the draft, I'd say we're probably 2-3 years away from turning this thing around, if at all.

The reality is, the Rams, since 1979, have been a losing organization. What makes anyone think the current management/ownership can turn it around? We all want it to, we all hope it will, but what would give any fan hope that this management of the Rams can be consistantly successful? History is not on our side.
    at first my answer was no, we will turn it around,but after reading your post, you do have alot of good issues there to really make you think the 90's could happen again or as you said have already started,so I don't know now how to answer except I sure in the hell hope we don't repeat the 90's.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

No, the talent on this team far exceeds what we had in the 90s. The injuries this year have crippled us, but we aren't close to how bad we were in the 90s.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes.

My answer is NO. I'll get back to that in a minute or two.

Did RAMFANRAIDERHATER write this response or was it RUMPLESTILTSKIN? Had to be the latter. Must have been sleeping from 1999-2001?

Back to the original question. NO,NO,NO....The 2007 version of our RAMS has been decimated with injuries. The Seahawks are (4-4), Cardinals (3-5) & Whiners (2-6). A healthy 2007 RAMS team would definitely be in the hunt for the Divison Title. No ifs or ands about it.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I say no as well. While yes, we're top heavy on our salaries and our aging stars, we still have a number of years left with a very talented core. We could easily be in the top of the West in a year or two if we get some key quality personnel. This includes another DE, a 4th LB, a burner of a WR, two or three quality linemen, and a pro bowl safety.

Yodude is offline Registered User

I'd say "doomed to become" is inaccurate...we're 0-8 dude...we're already there!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    This includes another DE, a 4th LB, a burner of a WR, two or three quality linemen, and a pro bowl safety.
    .....AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE. Sorry, Teke, couldn't resist!!!

WHAT SAY YE?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I'd say no, as we have more talent across the board than we did in the 90's. Given an even break or seven, we should be able to get near parity next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast