Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,866
    Rep Power
    31

    Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Give Me A Yes Or No And An Explanation For Your Pick...


  2. #2
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,689
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    No.

    This team has a better core of players, and I think that there will be a relatively quick turn around.

  3. #3
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    I hope not, but if some changes aren't made up top, it could unravel again pretty quickly. Luckily, I think we're still on that threshold where it could topple either way...

  4. #4
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,336
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Yes.

    We're already 4 years into being the '90's Rams.

    Let's see, we're 22-34 since Mike Martz's blunder in the divisional playoff game with the Panthers in our 12-4 '03 season. So this will be our fourth consecutive non-winning season. Many of our "core" players are old and on the downside of their careers, or have major health issues (Jackson's back) and will need to be replaced soon.

    Let's face it, Holt & Bruce have their best days behind them. We'll need to (should?) spend the bulk of our draft picks on linemen, so getting quality receivers and a game-changing RB to replace them might be difficult. We don't have any depth at any position (except TE) for trade-bait, so we'll have to acquire them through the draft or FA. There's only a scant few quality guys out there every year on the FA list, and most would probably not opt to play for this organization.

    Given the history of our inability as an organization (Georgia era) to attract the best FA's out there, and our poor player personnel evalutation in the draft, I'd say we're probably 2-3 years away from turning this thing around, if at all.

    The reality is, the Rams, since 1979, have been a losing organization. What makes anyone think the current management/ownership can turn it around? We all want it to, we all hope it will, but what would give any fan hope that this management of the Rams can be consistantly successful? History is not on our side.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  5. #5
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    845
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Yes! the O-line issues need to be fixed. Injuries spread like a disease this year but unless we start getting some real help in that area through the draft or free agency, our offense will continue in this direction.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,969
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Yes, its an old team, top heavy with stars that unfortunatly need pay cuts or to move on.

    Also, we do need new ownership soon.


  7. #7
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,407
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Yes! the O-line issues need to be fixed. Injuries spread like a disease this year but unless we start getting some real help in that area through the draft or free agency, our offense will continue in this direction.
    Yes, sadly. :\

    Time for a carefully thought out overhaul. Or else...

  8. #8
    itsguud's Avatar
    itsguud is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Yes.... Haven't already become much worse then that?!

  9. #9
    jkramsfan's Avatar
    jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Destin,Fl.
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,507
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes.

    We're already 4 years into being the '90's Rams.

    Let's see, we're 22-34 since Mike Martz's blunder in the divisional playoff game with the Panthers in our 12-4 '03 season. So this will be our fourth consecutive non-winning season. Many of our "core" players are old and on the downside of their careers, or have major health issues (Jackson's back) and will need to be replaced soon.

    Let's face it, Holt & Bruce have their best days behind them. We'll need to (should?) spend the bulk of our draft picks on linemen, so getting quality receivers and a game-changing RB to replace them might be difficult. We don't have any depth at any position (except TE) for trade-bait, so we'll have to acquire them through the draft or FA. There's only a scant few quality guys out there every year on the FA list, and most would probably not opt to play for this organization.

    Given the history of our inability as an organization (Georgia era) to attract the best FA's out there, and our poor player personnel evalutation in the draft, I'd say we're probably 2-3 years away from turning this thing around, if at all.

    The reality is, the Rams, since 1979, have been a losing organization. What makes anyone think the current management/ownership can turn it around? We all want it to, we all hope it will, but what would give any fan hope that this management of the Rams can be consistantly successful? History is not on our side.
    at first my answer was no, we will turn it around,but after reading your post, you do have alot of good issues there to really make you think the 90's could happen again or as you said have already started,so I don't know now how to answer except I sure in the hell hope we don't repeat the 90's.

  10. #10
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,663
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    No, the talent on this team far exceeds what we had in the 90s. The injuries this year have crippled us, but we aren't close to how bad we were in the 90s.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE


  11. #11
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,241
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Yes.

    The reality is, the Rams, since 1979, have been a losing organization. What makes anyone think the current management/ownership can turn it around? We all want it to, we all hope it will, but what would give any fan hope that this management of the Rams can be consistantly successful? History is not on our side.
    My answer is NO. I'll get back to that in a minute or two.

    Did RAMFANRAIDERHATER write this response or was it RUMPLESTILTSKIN? Had to be the latter. Must have been sleeping from 1999-2001?

    Back to the original question. NO,NO,NO....The 2007 version of our RAMS has been decimated with injuries. The Seahawks are (4-4), Cardinals (3-5) & Whiners (2-6). A healthy 2007 RAMS team would definitely be in the hunt for the Divison Title. No ifs or ands about it.

  12. #12
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,879
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    I say no as well. While yes, we're top heavy on our salaries and our aging stars, we still have a number of years left with a very talented core. We could easily be in the top of the West in a year or two if we get some key quality personnel. This includes another DE, a 4th LB, a burner of a WR, two or three quality linemen, and a pro bowl safety.

  13. #13
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,031
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    I'd say "doomed to become" is inaccurate...we're 0-8 dude...we're already there!
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  14. #14
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,095
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    This includes another DE, a 4th LB, a burner of a WR, two or three quality linemen, and a pro bowl safety.
    .....AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE. Sorry, Teke, couldn't resist!!!

    WHAT SAY YE?

  15. #15
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Is This Team Doomed To Become The Early 90's Rams Again???

    I'd say no, as we have more talent across the board than we did in the 90's. Given an even break or seven, we should be able to get near parity next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live, October 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
  2. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
  3. RamView, 10/2/2005: Giants 44, Rams 24 (Long)
    By MFranke in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-03-2005, 08:51 AM
  4. Rams Brain Trust Faces Early Test
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-19-2005, 04:58 AM
  5. Rams 10th Anniversary Team
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-03-2005, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •