Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

This team just gave up...that's all there is to say...

I can't blame Linehan so far this year. The players just need to step up and I think we need to realize that. The veterans are playing week to week for that pay check. It's pretty sad when Chris Long, a rookie, seems to be the only leader we have right now.

To be honest, after the press conference...I feel sorry for Linehan. He's trying. Giving it all he has. You can definitely tell he was shaken up and quite frankly...was pretty pissed off. You could also tell he did some screaming before he came out there.

This was just..embarrasing. I can definitely see us blowing the team up this offseason.

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Re: This team just gave up...that's all there is to say...

I agree with you 100%. This team isn't even trying right now. I saw $teven Jack$on laughing it up on the sidelines during the 4th quarter again! What the hell is wrong with this guy???

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    I agree with you 100%. This team isn't even trying right now. I saw $teven Jack$on laughing it up on the sidelines during the 4th quarter again! What the hell is wrong with this guy???
    Maybe he is laughing to keep from crying hey it works for me.
    :ramlogo:

Cherry.and.White.Ram is offline Registered User

nah man he's laughing because, regardless of the result, come payday at the end of the week, he's gonna be loaded again!

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyHigh1212 View Post
    I can't blame Linehan so far this year. The players just need to step up and I think we need to realize that. The veterans are playing week to week for that pay check. It's pretty sad when Chris Long, a rookie, seems to be the only leader we have right now.

To be honest, after the press conference...I feel sorry for Linehan. He's trying. Giving it all he has. You can definitely tell he was shaken up and quite frankly...was pretty pissed off. You could also tell he did some screaming before he came out there.

This was just..embarrasing. I can definitely see us blowing the team up this offseason.
    I sort of agree with you but the coach is always to blame because you can't fire all the players. It is Linehans job to motivate these guys to win by making them feel that what they are trying to do will work. These guys aren't buying what he is selling, so it's time for a different salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I sort of agree with you but the coach is always to blame because you can't fire all the players. It is Linehans job to motivate these guys to win by making them feel that what they are trying to do will work. These guys aren't buying what he is selling, so it's time for a different salesman.
    I understand that, but the veterans already believe what they want to believe. Linehan's showing life now at least. He's been quite emotional...which is all you could really ask for. It's Saunders and Haslett's job to prepare the team just as much as it is Linehan's. Do we fire them as well?

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

Don't hate me for saying this, but when I saw him I was starting to think the same thing. He wasn't laughing, it was just him wiping off his sweat. Missing camp has not helped him, but the O'line is not helping him, nor is the new turf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I understand that, but the veterans already believe what they want to believe. Linehan's showing life now at least. He's been quite emotional...which is all you could really ask for. It's Saunders and Haslett's job to prepare the team just as much as it is Linehan's. Do we fire them as well?
    YEP!, and I approve my comment.

PS. He is showing life to some I guess, but do you doubt that he reads this board? Do you doubt that he knows his job is on the line?
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-14-2008 at 05:22 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    YEP!, and I approve my comment.

PS. He is showing life to some I guess, but do you doubt that he reads this board? Do you doubt that he knows his job is on the line?
    Does this board make up every Rams fan in existence? He knows his job is on the line, and he's doing everything he can to keep it. But, the players aren't exactly executing. No coach can do anything with a team that's comfortable losing games by this big of a margin.

As for firing Haslett and Saunders all at once..that'll just leave the team in even more of a mess. Lets be realistic here folks. Wait 'til at least the midpoint of the season before you start calling for people's jobs. The team's one of the most talented in the league, their just not getting the job done. I expect them to come around..eventually...and if not, that just proves that their happy as long as they get that check.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I say it is 50/50 coach / players to blame. If the coach is unable to properly teach fundamentals & their scheme, as well as get the team to buy into what they are doing, then the coach is to blame. I think that this is the case. At the same time, many of the players just don't care or respect Linehan. That is the rest of the problem. It is just going to be a long and disasterous year IMO...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Does this board make up every Rams fan in existence? He knows his job is on the line, and he's doing everything he can to keep it. But, the players aren't exactly executing. No coach can do anything with a team that's comfortable losing games by this big of a margin.

As for firing Haslett and Saunders all at once..that'll just leave the team in even more of a mess. Lets be realistic here folks. Wait 'til at least the midpoint of the season before you start calling for people's jobs. The team's one of the most talented in the league, their just not getting the job done. I expect them to come around..eventually...and if not, that just proves that their happy as long as they get that check.
    Sorry Izzy the part I have to disagree with you is this team being one of the most talented in the league.Our talent is in the skill positions which overall is getting old.Our biggest weaknesses are where it counts and where games are won & lost in this league and that is on the lines.
    Our DT's are nonexistent our guards on the o-line are Matadors and Bulger has no confidence in them which is affecting his play.
    Not to mention our secondary blows.Which compounds the lack of a pass rush.
    This is all the direct result of years of lousy drafts and poor decisions on which FA's to keep and which to let go.
    The biggest idiot decision over the years that sticks in my mind was the decision to let London Fletcher walk in favor of keeping Leonard Little.
    Ithink that moment is where you look to the start of the decline of this team.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

On the subject of giving up, we were only down 20-13 in the 4th quarter against the suberbowl champions and I was proud. When I saw the fnal score of 41-13 I was shocked. I didn't get to watch the game, so what happened in the 4th quarter?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    On the subject of giving up, we were only down 20-13 in the 4th quarter against the suberbowl champions and I was proud. When I saw the fnal score of 41-13 I was shocked. I didn't get to watch the game, so what happened in the 4th quarter?
    They gave up.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    The score was alot closer after 3 qtrs than it should have been. Eli was overthrowing recievers early. Had he hit those guys, we would have been blown out even worse. Our secondary is terrible. It's not all Haslett's fault either, we just don't have the players that we need back there.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Maybe he is laughing to keep from crying hey it works for me.
    What's wrong? Oh that's, he got that check. Isn't it funny that after he get's paid (like most NFL players) he starts to change. A leader doesn't laugh during a blow out, I bet the rams wish they had traded him to get some more talent on the field, and not to mention who are our freakin' scouts????? How is it that everyone else in the league can find solid starters year after year but we can't!!!???!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast