Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

This team is pitiful!

is this team EVER going to get better? This team is pitiful. We have a bad quarterback, a bad running back, no offense,no defense and a horrible, horrible coach. You people can defend Bulger and Jackson all you want but those guys cant start for most other teams in my opinion. Both of them are extremely over-rated! This team went downhill when Bulger became the starting quarterback over Warner and its never recovered! I want to know when we can expect changes. This team will be lucky to win one or two games all year!

krist042 is offline Registered User

Re: This team is pitiful!

I don't know if you are just in a crazy moment or what, but Jackson IS a top 10 back, and Bulger could start for most than a quarter of the NFL teams. Once he gets protected (yes, I know he only got sacked once, which is great cause he will have more confidence going into next week) he is fine. He needs to KNOW that he isn't in jeopardy of getting sacked every play, then he can start making those accurate, smart decisions.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Honestly, I think a lot of teams would like to have Jackson. Even in a crummy year, with a crummy line, and missing 4 games due to injury...Jackson was still a 1,000 yard rusher last season. He has been fairly durable, is a proven pass catcher, and has a good combination of both speed and power. Even if you do consider him overrated, his stats say he's easily in the top half of the league's starting runningbacks. It's not as if we're a real grinding run team either.

Bulger is a little more questionable at this point. Yes, we know that he can be a top tier quarterback behind a relatively solid line. Since we don't have a solid line and don't know if we will have one in the near future, we're in a bit of a predicament. Bulger's accuracy does seem to be off right now, and it does seem to be because of the hits he takes. If I heard the announcers right at the end of our second possession, we had run 4 pass plays and Bulger had been hit 3 times, including the sack that led to a fumble. I don't think Bulger can be effective facing that kind of pressure. The question would be whether anyone else could do any better.

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

Let's set the record straight. The system is pitiful. This coach was not ready. He should have stay as a coordinator. The team has simply given up on the system and the game calling. This coach has no answers for any of the questions. He has simply given up hope. That is why it seems hopeless. If i was playing for a "LOSER" coach. I would not go out and put my all for what.
    Bulger and Jackson are goodplayers and this system does not allow them to shine.
    This coach has made line changes every week and is playing players out of their comfortable positions.
    It's his fault ultimately.
    THE FIELD GOAL

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

I'll disagree with you about Jackson. If he has a hole to go through he is a top tier back; speed & power. Bulger just seems like damaged goods now...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

rammiser is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    is this team EVER going to get better? This team is pitiful. We have a bad quarterback, a bad running back, no offense,no defense and a horrible, horrible coach. You people can defend Bulger and Jackson all you want but those guys cant start for most other teams in my opinion. Both of them are extremely over-rated! This team went downhill when Bulger became the starting quarterback over Warner and its never recovered! I want to know when we can expect changes. This team will be lucky to win one or two games all year!
    Really idiotic post in my opinion. Funny we should get rid of Jackson and Bulger but keep the o-line? Interesting I think the lack of success of these two goes hand in hand with having a terrible o-line. The grass is always greener on the other side untill it happens. Jerome Bettis was washed up when we gave up on him now he is a hall of famer. Bulger is having problems but is a direct result of a terrible o-line that he absolutley doesnt trust. As for the Warner comment blah blah blah. We wouldnt have been any different had we kept him. We all know how well he does with no time to throw, he is in a better place.
    Just Fix It

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

You are way off on Buldger and Jackson. You try and play behind the O line.

As for wanting to know when changes will be made, you will need to call the front office. I don't think they are listed in the phone book, but you can give it a shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Really idiotic post in my opinion. Funny we should get rid of Jackson and Bulger but keep the o-line? Interesting I think the lack of success of these two goes hand in hand with having a terrible o-line. The grass is always greener on the other side untill it happens. Jerome Bettis was washed up when we gave up on him now he is a hall of famer. Bulger is having problems but is a direct result of a terrible o-line that he absolutley doesnt trust. As for the Warner comment blah blah blah. We wouldnt have been any different had we kept him. We all know how well he does with no time to throw, he is in a better place.
    Sorry, I posted witout reading the whole post.

Nice post. You just got reputation from this clown in the helmet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    I'll disagree with you about Jackson. If he has a hole to go through he is a top tier back; speed & power. Bulger just seems like damaged goods now...
    Ditto, he almost made it to the in zone. I don't think he was slow at all. Jackson is in good shape. Did you see him still standing with the ball as he was being pushed back by just about the whole team?

We need a new coaching staff, and some will say "How will they get used to this", but the talent is there, but the FO needs to get rid of the trash. (The crappy announcers also)

Scottybeammeup and Hasnot. I don't like Saunders either, he should be on the field with that big play book, and actually use some of the play's.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -09-22-2008 at 12:32 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Maybe Im just fuming now, but would they really be any better behind a better offense line? Jackson maybe, but I have not liked Bulger since he was given the reins of this team. Nothing good has happened with Bulger as the quarterback!

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Maybe Im just fuming now, but would they really be any better behind a better offense line? Jackson maybe, but I have not liked Bulger since he was given the reins of this team. Nothing good has happened with Bulger as the quarterback!
    Hmm even that 4,000 yard season? And the two near 4,000 yard years a few years before?

Kind of tells me that if he's behind a steady line, he can do wonders.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I consider a two trips to the playoffs and a Division title "good".

That is such an easy answer, I hope I get another T-Shirt from Red.

The answer is simply yes. Who the heck told you that Bulger holds the Reins?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]