Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Team re-signs safety; Chillar mulls options

"The Rams are "taking a look" at free agent C Justin Hartwig. Hartwig was considered an above average center before his forgettable two-year stint in Carolina. The Rams seem set on weeding Richie Incognito out of the lineup. Mark Setterstrom is currently penciled in as the starting center."
    I have read the Rams would like to give Setterstrom a shot at center, that way Cog can play in his Guard spot. If Setterstrom can't do it Cog will play Center, and Setterstrom guard, thats how I thought it was going down, we'll see.

keith m. klink Guest

AH BUBKUS, I say , LET THEM PLAY ! LET THEM PLAY ! LET THEM PLAY ! . HIS PENALTIES ARE FROM PASSION NOT MINDLESS WANDERINGS DURING GAMETIME .

Tony Banks is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    AH BUBKUS, I say , LET THEM PLAY ! LET THEM PLAY ! LET THEM PLAY ! . HIS PENALTIES ARE FROM PASSION NOT MINDLESS WANDERINGS DURING GAMETIME .
    I'm with you man. It's nice to have a guy with some heart. Barron seems like he doesn't want to get better. Everytime I see a false start, I hope they say #70. He's kind of a cult hero to me and my buddies at the games.

As for Chillar, if he comes back, I imagine we'll have to pay more than we want. Anybody know what kind of deal he's asking for?
    :1:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Does it matter why he's commiting penalties? Passion is great if it's channeled in the right way, bad if it's not. His penalties have often been drive killers in critical situations and that can't continue, passionate play or not. I'm a big Incognito fan, but he has to keep his emotions in check and play with much more discipline.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    From Rotoworld:

St. Louis Rams : Rotoworld.com - St. Louis Rams News from Rotoworld.com

"The Rams are "taking a look" at free agent C Justin Hartwig. Hartwig was considered an above average center before his forgettable two-year stint in Carolina. The Rams seem set on weeding Richie Incognito out of the lineup. Mark Setterstrom is currently penciled in as the starting center."

That's the first I've heard of Incognito possibly becoming a backup. They can't be serious can they? I like Richie's attitude on the line. Sure he needs to mature a bit and get those roughness calls under control. But, he's a gamer. Has anyone else heard that mentioned about replacing him before?
    I'm calling B.S. on rotoworld. Their "source" document is the same one that started this thread, and it doesn't mention Incognito or Setterstrom. Pure speculation, nee guess, on the part of rotoworld.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Does it matter why he's commiting penalties? Passion is great if it's channeled in the right way, bad if it's not. His penalties have often been drive killers in critical situations and that can't continue, passionate play or not. I'm a big Incognito fan, but he has to keep his emotions in check and play with much more discipline.
    We had a thread not long ago about Incognito's penalties. It turns out his penalties aren't that much higher than the elite Guards in the league. And his sacks allowed (3.5) is pretty comparable. For all the talk about his "out of control behavior", Cogs has only had two games in which he's drawn a personal foul. As I did in the other thread, I will admit that he has had too many holding calls, but for the most part, Cogs rep for penalties is more a product of college than his pro career.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    We had a thread not long ago about Incognito's penalties. It turns out his penalties aren't that much higher than the elite Guards in the league. And his sacks allowed (3.5) is pretty comparable. For all the talk about his "out of control behavior", Cogs has only had two games in which he's drawn a personal foul. As I did in the other thread, I will admit that he has had too many holding calls, but for the most part, Cogs rep for penalties is more a product of college than his pro career.
    exactly, also i could swear that i remember i read something that said the coaches were very high on cogs, i also think the rotoworld is b.s.
    Built RAM tough

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    The Rams seem set on weeding Richie Incognito out of the lineup.
    This part of the Rotoworld write-up was the section where they generally give their thoughts about the news. As HUb said, there's nothing in the article that references Incognito. If anything it's probably a typo and they meant to say Setterstrom. After all, the Rams replaced him at LG with Bell and are looking for a center, which according to their site is where Setterstrom is now penciled in.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    For all the talk about his "out of control behavior", Cogs has only had two games in which he's drawn a personal foul. As I did in the other thread, I will admit that he has had too many holding calls, but for the most part, Cogs rep for penalties is more a product of college than his pro career.
    Last year in his first game back from injury, he had 4 penalties that cost the Rams 50 yards. Two were holding and two were unnecessary roughness. He had this to say after the game:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie Incognito
    "It was all on my shoulders," Incognito said. "I shouldn't have been in those situations. Really, I let my emotions get the best of me. It was my first game back. I was real hyped up. Playing the hometown team, and that was all my fault. I killed us today."
    I agree with him that he needs to gets his emotions in check and cut down the costly penalties that can easily be avoided.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

LinkBacks (?)

1. -03-13-2008, 12:05 PM