throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

The Teams That Rams Fans Should Be Pulling For In The Other Divisions

While the Rams continue to battle for the NFC West crown, who should Rams fans be pulling for in the other seven divisions?

Well, I'll tell you:

AFC East: New York Jets
    I'm not a big fan of Rex Ryan's antics or the megahype that accompanies any successful New York team. But no Rams fan should ever pull for the Patriots. Never. Ever. Never.

AFC South: Jacksonville Jaguars
    They're a nice underdog story and its about time that someone knocks off the Colts.

AFC North: Baltimore Ravens
    Marc Bulger's new team should be favored by all fans over a Steelers team lead by Ben "Thank God There Were No Witnesses" Roethlisberger.

AFC West: Oakland Raiders
    I know we have some Raider haters here, as well as some who might want to support Missouri's other team, but follow my logic here. The Patriots hold the Raiders' first round pick next year. Wouldn't you rather it be a later pick? I thought so.

NFC East: New York Giants
    Here's my thinking on this one. If the Rams make the playoffs, they will have to face the Wild Card team with the best record. That will likely be either the Saints or the NFC East runner-up. The team I don't want to play is the Giants. They've injured too many QBs this year already.

NFC South: Atlanta Falcons
    The Saints play the Rams this week. The Falcons have a game coming up against the Seahawks. If those games go as we all hope they will, that would pretty much hand the Falcons the division title.

NFC North: Chicago Bears
    Rams fans should be pulling for Lovie Smith and Mike Martz, for old time's sake, right?

AlphaRam Guest

Re: The Teams That Rams Fans Should Be Pulling For In The Other Divisions

You have got to get another hobby. Have you considered being a mime?

Last edited by AlphaRam; -12-07-2010 at 08:23 PM.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Can argue with a couple of those, Av.

First, in the NFC South, I would pull for the Bucs before the Falcons, as they too, play Seattle, and on top of that, still hold a possibility of going to the playoffs over the Saints, especially if we can win this weekend. I feel much better about our chances against the Bucs a 2nd time rather than the Saints.

Second, the NFC East. I know that they once upon a time knocked out a ton of QB's but they haven't for a long time. More than that, the younger Manning has been prone to bad interceptions this year as well, and Spags has inside knowledge of their team. On top of that, I would much rather face the Giants rather than the Eagles, at least until Vick cools off for a week or two. We can't win a shootout, yet.

Last, I hate the "Sanchise" almost as much as I hate Brady, and cheered for the Jets last night to win despite their QB, and so I refuse to root for either the Jets or the team which shall not be named. I root for Buffalo to go on a tear.
    I believe!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think I would rather face the Giants than the Saints. The reason I say this is because I think Spags knows a lot of the players and coaching staff and how they play the game. The Giants may know Spags - but they don't know our players, and they don't know how Spags utilizes them.

Honestly, I think that the Giants aren't really as much of a 'killer' team as everyone thought they would be. It wouldn't be easy, but I believe that the Rams could really make a game of it and come away with a win.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Second, the NFC East. I know that they once upon a time knocked out a ton of QB's but they haven't for a long time.
    He is talking about the giants getting to a few qb's this year. They have injuired at least 5 quarterbacks just this year alone.

As of 10/25/10 The NY Giants have injured 5 quarterbacks:
    Bears quarterbacks Jay Cutler (concussion)
    Todd Collins (stinger)
    Panthers quarterback Matt Moore (concussion)
    Detroit's Shaun Hill (broken left forearm)
    Dallas' Tony Romo (Broken collarbone)

Rambos is offline Registered User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is why I keep coming to this forum, this is too funny.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    He is talking about the giants getting to a few qb's this year. They have injuired at least 5 quarterbacks just this year alone.

Todd Collins (stinger)
    Our defense is more intimidating... Not really scary at all..I am sure the O line would be able to hold up.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm not a big fan of Rex Ryan's antics or the megahype that accompanies any successful New York team. But no Rams fan should ever pull for the Patriots. Never. Ever. Never. Sorry, I was pulling HARD for the Patriots. Why? Can't stand any team in any sport from New York. Not too excited about a New England team, but New York city? Ugh. Plus, I had money riding on the Patriots because I knew Sanchez would choke.

They're a nice underdog story and its about time that someone knocks off the Colts. Ok, I'll give you this one, but not for the reasons you described. Why not pull for a team that is probably on it's way out of Florida? Someone's gotta pull for them, 'cuz nobody in the Jacksonville area is, judging by the attendance at home games.

Marc Bulger's new team should be favored by all fans over a Steelers team lead by Ben "Thank God There Were No Witnesses" Roethlisberger. Uh, okay.....

I know we have some Raider haters here, as well as some who might want to support Missouri's other team, but follow my logic here. The Patriots hold the Raiders' first round pick next year. Wouldn't you rather it be a later pick? I thought so. Not on any Sunday or any other day of the week will I ever, ever pull for the evil empire. Don't care if the Patriots get ALL of their picks. I hate the Raiders with a passion.

Here's my thinking on this one. If the Rams make the playoffs, they will have to face the Wild Card team with the best record. That will likely be either the Saints or the NFC East runner-up. The team I don't want to play is the Giants. They've injured too many QBs this year already. See: New York Jets.

The Saints play the Rams this week. The Falcons have a game coming up against the Seahawks. If those games go as we all hope they will, that would pretty much hand the Falcons the division title. I will pull for the Falcons when they play the Seachickens, but in any other game? Don't care.

Rams fans should be pulling for Lovie Smith and Mike Martz, for old time's sake, right? I am NOT a Mike Martz supporter. Never was, never will be. He is one of the biggest reasons the Rams fell from grace. It's only a matter of time before he wears out his welcome in Chicago. Lovie? He's not a Rams coach anymore so why should I care how he does. Did I pull for Dick Vermeil when he came back to KC? Uh...no.

I pull for ANY team that plays the Cowboys, Raiders, the Whiners, Seahawks or the Cardinals, except for when they play each other, then I just hope they beat each other to death.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Rex Ryan's antics or the megahype that accompanies any successful New York team. But no Rams fan should ever pull for the Patriots. Never. Ever. Never.
    Like Teke, I hate the smug, sanctimonious Jets and Sanchez almost as much as the smug, sanctimonious Patriots and Brady, but I reluctantly rooted for them last night until it was evident that it was going to be a blowout. I then rooted for the Patriots to pile it on, which they predictably did. Watching Ryan get humiliated and Sanchez show his true colors was priceless.

They're a nice underdog story and its about time that someone knocks off the Colts.
    Agreed, plus they've got two of my all-time favorites from UCLA, Jones-Drew and Lewis.

I know we have some Raider haters here, as well as some who might want to support Missouri's other team, but follow my logic here. The Patriots hold the Raiders' first round pick next year. Wouldn't you rather it be a later pick? I thought so.
    Sorry Av, but the ONLY way I ever root for the Faiders is if it affects the Rams division title or playoff chances. Even then it's tough. I didn't pick my ClanRam name for nothin'.

Rams fans should be pulling for Lovie Smith and Mike Martz, for old time's sake, right?
    Sorry again Av, but wrong. If they get a new QB, I'm with you. But as long as they have the pouting, foot stomping, brooding cry baby that I love to hate in Cutler, I won't be rooting for the Bears.

By the way, great thread!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

As much as I hate the Patsies as everyone here in these forums, Rex Ryan proves himself to be the most annoying, ego-driven, media-whoring coach. He's the sole reason why the clips and interviews that involves him and the Jets look like skits made from TMZ or those garbage MTV reality shows

I like what they're doing here, fighting their way towards the top of their division, especially with David Garrard's mental toughness to stay in game despite the interception machine he is. This Cinderella story would be even greater if them and the Rams claw their way up against juggernaut teams to faceoff at the Super Bowl.

Marc Bulger's new team should be favored by all fans over a Steelers team lead by Ben "Thank God There Were No Witnesses" Roethlisberger.
    Meh, as much as I liked Bulger, this is Joe Flacco's team and the hype of being preseason favorites as Super Bowl contenders leaves a lot to be desired. Though I'll give them a lot of my love for giving Mark Clayton to us for a mere bag of peanuts.

I never was a Raider Hater, my Hater status was more attributed towards the large population of Raider fans. My only concern for them is that they better play well if they want to stop the Patsies from drafting their way to a relevant dynasty in this decade.

Here's my thinking on this one. If the Rams make the playoffs, they will have to face the Wild Card team with the best record. That will likely be either the Saints or the NFC East runner-up. The team I don't want to play is the Giants. They've injured too many QBs this year already.
    They're tough but they're beatable, sure they have a QB-killing defense but they've injured QBs that have a terrible O-line and while we don't have the finest one, they're much better than the ones who've fall victim.

The Saints play the Rams this week. The Falcons have a game coming up against the Seahawks. If those games go as we all hope they will, that would pretty much hand the Falcons the division title.
    Could careless, though it does put pressure on the Saints to play with more determination to be relevant in the playoffs.

Love Lovie and Martz (as an offensive coordinator) but when they're playing against us. My hostilities will show for the sake of Super Bowl relevance.
    Last edited by Flippin' Ram; -12-07-2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: quotes

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I can't say.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

I can't say.

Holy flaming cow!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

AFC East: Not a fan of Sanchez, but rooting for the Bills is like hoping one day Wile E. Coyote will dine on roadrunner pie. Until Belichick is gone, I'll keep rooting for the Rams and whoever is playing the Patriots on Sundays.

AFC South: The Jaguars are the sentimental favorite, but I'd be halfway pulling for the Titans to get in because if anybody can get an AFC star receiver into a fight that would get him suspended for the Super Bowl, it's Cortland Finnegan.

AFC North: Stinkin' smug Steelers. It'd be nice to see the Ravens win in that division.

AFC West: I can't say I have any real interest in seeing the Raiders get in. Either they just miss the playoffs or they get knocked out in the first round. It's a wonder they've won as many as they have.

NFC East: The best situation (for us) would probably be if the Giants stumbled down the stretch and a team like Green Bay or Tampa made it in instead of the NFC East runner-up. On the other hand, I can't root for Michael Vick, so I have to want the Giants to win by default.

NFC South: Can't very well argue with Av's logic there.

NFC North: We can like the Bears for sentimental reasons and because they look beatable if we have to face them in the divisional round. The Bears should wear Rams jerseys as their throwbacks.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post

Todd Collins (stinger)
    And as of 12/8/10, they have injured... 5 quarterbacks...

Meanwhile just this week, the Rams defense knocked out two QB's. In the Not For Long, I'm much more scared of the Rams' D than the Giants'. I know all about how they were knocking out QB's left and right, but that was a while ago, and against very substandard blocking, all five of them.

Cutler and Collins, same game, and both behind arguably the worst line in football. Matt Moore, not a great QB anyway, has a line better suited for run blocking rather than pass blocking. He probably held the ball too long. The Lions have let their QB's get injured regularly. And finally with Romo, the blitz pickup fell on their rookie FB Gronkowski, who instead went out on his pattern, letting the blitzer have a free run at Romo.

At the end of the day, I'm not nearly as scared of the Giants as I am the Saints, Packers, Falcons, and Eagles.
    I believe!

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

For me, it is not who I like, but who I cannot stand the most.

AFC East: I hate by far the Cheatriots. I hate Tom Brady and his stupid hair too. I am in the Army and every one had to say how patriotic it was that the Patriots won the Superbowl after 9-11. Well I don't care! I still hate them after that game and probably always will. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them. P.S. they are not the team I hate the most.

AFC North: I hate the Ravens, cause I hate Bulger. It would burn my rear if he gets a ring ridding the shirt tails of Flacco.

AFC South: I am only mildly annoyed with the Jags as they beat us last year. Nuff Said.

AFC West: The Raiders. I can't stand the raiders. I can't stand Al Davis. I can't stand black and silver. The last 4 or more years have been great.

NFC East: I hate the Redskins about as much as I hate the Eagles, which is a lot. So it is a toss up. I hate the hogs and the hog pen and I hate green and silver. So there you have it.

NFC North: Green Bay makes me sick. I mean really ill. I go out of my way to hate on these punks. It makes me sick that we hoisted the Vince Lombardy Trophy. It should be the George Allen Trophy after our famous head coach. They are by far my second most hated team. Hated, but still not the team I hate the most.

NFC South: Really can't stand any of the teams here too much, I hate the Falcons Panthers and Bucs equally, till they lose to the RAMS and then, well. Only mildly annoyed at the Saints. Will be full blown hate if they beat us up or worse.

NFC West: And here we have it. The team I totally cannot stand. I Hate more than any other team on the planet, the winners. I hate them and have hated them since the 1989 Championship game when they embarrassed the Rams. My stomach turns as I can still close my eyes and see Jerry Rice running yet another TD down the sidelines on us. The famous Phantom sack happened in that game. All those commercials with Jerry and Steve Young made me sick. I rooted hard for the Chargers and they let me down. Heck, I rooted for any team that played in the Superbowl against them. I even rooted for the packers when they beat them in the Championship. I am embarrassed to mention that, but I did.
    Last edited by lordwhttgr; -12-08-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast