Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Tell me your answers to our problems.

  1. #1
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    35

    Tell me your answers to our problems.

    You have to fix the team.

    What do you? Do you trust in what you have and try to correct the mistakes? Do you fire the coach and GM? Do you fire just one of them? Do you blame the coaching staff at all? Do you just bring in a new player here and there and accept 4 year rebuild?

    What do you do? Serious answers only please.


  2. #2
    sonnyjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    It's real horrible today, sure, but how bad were the last two weeks really? We played two very good sides and were only mistakes and poor executions from pushing both close. Many sides will blow up in the season - we did against the Lions last season. It's how you recover that counts.

    Redskins are a much closer matchup and if we look bad against them THEN I'll be worried.

    Injuries to Bartell, Clayton, Jackson, Murphy and Amendola don't help. But we all thought we'd upgraded in fa and the draft in pre-season. Bit of patience needed over the next few weeks while we negotiate this tough stretch. After that is the time to judge. And the end of the season is the time to act, if we need to.

    Although I accept that today is really, really bad.
    Last edited by sonnyjames; -09-27-2011 at 06:28 PM.

  3. #3
    sonnyjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    I'm playing devil's advocate there a bit, but now's not the time for knee jerk reactions. I saw us quite possibly going 1-6 so I'm not seeing much I didn't expect, except for a horrible display today. I saw some promising signs in the first couple of weeks and I'm opting for belief.

    For now.

  4. #4
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    I'm not looking for knee jerk reactions. I want to see what people think considering every game this season and the last two seasons. I'm not calling for the head coach to be fired (I'll wait until I see the full season) but I am very curious to see what people think we should do so far.

    It seems at least some people think we're fine, it's just the people we're playing against.

  5. #5
    sonnyjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    No criticism intended BW. I think my answer is just that I'd show patience and faith. Last season was a big improvement. Of the nine losses we were there all the way in about four or five. That was some improvement. This season hasn't started great but this is the first real 'ugly' game. Coming back from the bye week we'll hopefully see Clayton and Amendola back in action. They'll make a heck of a difference.

    I'm just trying to explain why I'd leave things, for now. But I understand anyone who's angry and fed up tonight and wanted to see more immediate change.

  6. #6
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    You know, you actually remind me of last season. Remember the Detroit game? We seem to have one ugly game a season for some reason. Maybe we'll put some wins together after this game like after the detroit game.

  7. #7
    sonnyjames is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    37
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    Let's hope! Don't want too many more nights like this! But yep, we were horrid that game too but came back ok in the main for the rest of the season.

    Next week is the real test of this team IMO. How do you react after a beating like this? And how do we match up against a side we beat last year and should fancy our chances against? If we don't win next week then I think it's time to consider taking more immediate action.

  8. #8
    renrawtruk is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    333
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    I do think that Spags is officially on the hot seat at 0-3. Not saying we were supposed to win ANY of the first 3 games, but the way we lost was pretty undisciplined and sloppy, and there are a number of things so far this season are just continuations from last season and are a reflection on the head coach:
    FG's instead of TD's. Last week at one point it was 21-9. They get 7, we get 3. (That's assuming we get ANY points, like today vs. Ravens)
    No change of game plan, until it's way too late. Just like last year, we go into a game with some basic strategy and really don't adjust. We are all too often outcoached.
    Is it just me, or is it possible Spags has the reigns on McDaniel, like he did with Shurmer, hoping his defense wins the game? That pathetic end-around looked all too familiar.

    As for the future.... I'm still waiting for Bradford to break out and show that he is going to be the 10 year franchise QB people keep saying. Bradford has had quite a few reps in the NFL and I have high hopes for him, but I have my doubts. The Dink and Dunk offense last year didn't really prove if he has what it takes. If you look around the league, at what other teams are asking their young QB's to do, many are having quite a bit of success. Was hoping to see significant growth by Bradford this year, it's early, but NFL seasons are short, and I can't say as I've seen signs that he is on his way to being great any time soon.

  9. #9
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    I do think that Spags is officially on the hot seat at 0-3. Not saying we were supposed to win ANY of the first 3 games, but the way we lost was pretty undisciplined and sloppy, and there are a number of things so far this season are just continuations from last season and are a reflection on the head coach:
    FG's instead of TD's. Last week at one point it was 21-9. They get 7, we get 3. (That's assuming we get ANY points, like today vs. Ravens)
    No change of game plan, until it's way too late. Just like last year, we go into a game with some basic strategy and really don't adjust. We are all too often outcoached.
    Is it just me, or is it possible Spags has the reigns on McDaniel, like he did with Shurmer, hoping his defense wins the game? That pathetic end-around looked all too familiar.

    As for the future.... I'm still waiting for Bradford to break out and show that he is going to be the 10 year franchise QB people keep saying. Bradford has had quite a few reps in the NFL and I have high hopes for him, but I have my doubts. The Dink and Dunk offense last year didn't really prove if he has what it takes. If you look around the league, at what other teams are asking their young QB's to do, many are having quite a bit of success. Was hoping to see significant growth by Bradford this year, it's early, but NFL seasons are short, and I can't say as I've seen signs that he is on his way to being great any time soon.
    I think Bradford is the least of our problems.
    BrokenWing and ManofGod like this.

  10. #10
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    I would say you leave HC and GM alone for now ( although I would be having discussions with all viable candidates not currently in NFL) I would only perhaps change our receiving coach (sorry Nolan, love you but really?) I would scour for defensive help but, in all fairness, you would have to let the season play out, not much to do at this point. But, be ready for massive change if we continue to regress. Anything short of NFC West is failure.
    sonnyjames likes this.

  11. #11
    BrokenWing's Avatar
    BrokenWing is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,695
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    I don't know if this is possible, but in the event of a head coaching change, I want the Offensive Coordinator to stay the same. McDaniels has done well so far (notice how we suddenly started moving the ball and the offense looked different after the first half?) with what he has and I think a 3rd system for Bradford to learn would be a huge mistake.
    ManofGod likes this.

  12. #12
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.




    Time is the only answer.

    Right now there is really nothing anyone can do to fix what's wrong with the team. It's simply going to take time.

    All of this started years ago when the idiots were running the team.

    The team was absolutely decimated in terms of talent. It took years to run it into the ground and it will also take years to fix it.

    The current management has spent the salary cap and they are doing a better job at acquiring talent - but that talent needs time to develop.

    Spags and McD are both proven. Look at what they have been able to accomplish with players that are not only talented - but have some development.

    How much more bad luck could the Rams have had in weeks 1 & 2? Neither the Eagles or Giants were head and shoulders above the Rams. Big plays and ill timed circumstances just killed the Rams.

    The Rams have injuries. No matter what anyone else says, injuries matter. Especially so for a young team that is rebuilding and void of quality depth. Today was a prime example. Justin King and Darrian Stewart. Those two are directly responsible for giving up three TDs. Both are simply not good enough, not yet anyways.

    It's just going to take time, and if we can get it, some better grace from the football gods



  13. #13
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,435
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post



    Time is the only answer.

    Right now there is really nothing anyone can do to fix what's wrong with the team. It's simply going to take time.

    All of this started years ago when the idiots were running the team.

    The team was absolutely decimated in terms of talent. It took years to run it into the ground and it will also take years to fix it.

    The current management has spent the salary cap and they are doing a better job at acquiring talent - but that talent needs time to develop.

    Spags and McD are both proven. Look at what they have been able to accomplish with players that are not only talented - but have some development.

    How much more bad luck could the Rams have had in weeks 1 & 2? Neither the Eagles or Giants were head and shoulders above the Rams. Big plays and ill timed circumstances just killed the Rams.

    The Rams have injuries. No matter what anyone else says, injuries matter. Especially so for a young team that is rebuilding and void of quality depth. Today was a prime example. Justin King and Darrian Stewart. Those two are directly responsible for giving up three TDs. Both are simply not good enough, not yet anyways.

    It's just going to take time, and if we can get it, some better grace from the football gods


    inb4 the excuses argument
    There's no surprise here that we lost, we just exposed a weakness too much and we certainly need to do something about that secondary because there are other teams who are bound to take shots on us downfield on King. As much as I despise him right now, what other viable options are there for a replacement at #2 corner? I do hope that Spags is at least shopping for corners because we are really thin at that in terms of depth, I'd like to see Al Harris get starter reps but that could lead to potentially injury.

  14. #14
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,573
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    As much as I despise him right now, what other viable options are there for a replacement at #2 corner? I do hope that Spags is at least shopping for corners because we are really thin at that in terms of depth, I'd like to see Al Harris get starter reps but that could lead to potentially injury.
    I'm not sure that there is anyone out there to shop for. If not, I sure hope they can coach the kid up. Maybe Al can do a better job at the #2 spot?



  15. #15
    macrammer's Avatar
    macrammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Cal
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,953
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: Tell me your answers to our problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post



    Time is the only answer.

    Right now there is really nothing anyone can do to fix what's wrong with the team. It's simply going to take time.

    All of this started years ago when the idiots were running the team.

    The team was absolutely decimated in terms of talent. It took years to run it into the ground and it will also take years to fix it.

    The current management has spent the salary cap and they are doing a better job at acquiring talent - but that talent needs time to develop.

    Spags and McD are both proven. Look at what they have been able to accomplish with players that are not only talented - but have some development.

    How much more bad luck could the Rams have had in weeks 1 & 2? Neither the Eagles or Giants were head and shoulders above the Rams. Big plays and ill timed circumstances just killed the Rams.

    The Rams have injuries. No matter what anyone else says, injuries matter. Especially so for a young team that is rebuilding and void of quality depth. Today was a prime example. Justin King and Darrian Stewart. Those two are directly responsible for giving up three TDs. Both are simply not good enough, not yet anyways.

    It's just going to take time, and if we can get it, some better grace from the football gods



    Sorry, IMO but three years is long enough for a new regime to take hold. That is squarely on Spags and Devaney.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The answers are.....
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: -09-02-2009, 12:07 PM
  2. Answers :do You Know ???
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-31-2006, 01:13 PM
  3. Enough about the problems, how about the Answers
    By sbramfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -10-10-2005, 12:20 PM
  4. Rams will look for answers
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -07-27-2004, 09:53 AM
  5. Trivia Answers
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-21-2002, 10:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •