Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

I agree 100% Dez that was one pathetic display. Maybe that rubbed the Rams the wrong way too. They run out on to the field expecting a loud rousing cheer from the sold out stadium for this playoff atmoshpere game. What do they get instead boo's and half the stadium filled with CHIEFS FANS??? What have we become? We may not have a winning record but we are in first place in the division. Would this happen in New England or Pittsburgh? That was the most pathetic and disgraceful display I have ever seen from a fan base. Wonder if they actually make the playoffs if there will be more fans of the opponent for that game to. Shame on you St. Louis, for not supporting your 1st place team. Way to let the team down expecting to have a huge fan base supporting them for such a huge game. Maybe the air was let out of the team when they ran out on the field and realized not too many people really care if they win or not!

Just Fix It

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Maybe we should start calling the "so called St Louis ram fans" "red seaters" cause thats all you see at a game ...........
    Well, boss, as much as I hate the notion, I must admit the term is fitting.

Red seaters............I hate that this has become a legitimate term, but such is the situation.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Have not posted in ages. I am a lifelong Rams fan living in NC. Ive been to numerous Rams games including the 01 NFC Championship game and the 03 OT playoff game against Carolina in STL. Ive been to a hand ful of other games in STL. Ive been in enemy territory in CAR, ATL, NY and DC.

When I turned on the TV Sunday and saw all that red it did not shock me but I was largely disappointed. Im not sure what the problem is. During the GSOT you just didnt see this and the Dome was one of the toughest venues to play in. Maybe it will take some more time for the fans to come back. How can you not want to go see this team???

As big as yesterday's game was next Sunday's is bigger. Ill be even more disappointed if the Dome is not SOLD OUT with RAMS FANS. We need the dome to be LOUD and the players deserve it to be, after the last 3 years. Any little edge we can get we need.

If we host a game on January 9th I will probably be there. I dont get to go to STL that often so when I do I make it the big games. I will be in Charlotte on Dec 31st for the Clemson bowl game.

I still think this season can still end magically for the Rams. Hopefully the folks in STL will be out in force Sunday as well as for Wild Card Weekend.

If we can win Sunday, I like our chances in Seattle.

We'll see.
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I am going to have to go against the flow here, and throw some serious props to the St Louis RAMs fans. This post is off base, and needs to be blasting the RAMs organization and the City "elders".

You see, it was a greedy RAMs organization and City "elders" that forced the PSLs on St. Louis, and then worked their magic to make sure that your more snobby types got the biggest majority of seats. These snob types are your fair weather fans, who have tickets as a status symbol. This means that the real rabid fans are left out of the game.

What that led to was people who see their tickets as a business opportunity. When tickets went on sale earlier this year, most of your PSL holders were thinking this would be a rebuilding year, and sold this past weeks tickets for a profit to the KC folks that would pay the premium. The seats that weren't covered by PSLs were more than likely picked up in droves by KC fans that cannot get an opportunity to see home games.

So yesterdays sea of red was actually filled before Sam Bradford was selected in the draft. This here blame falls directly on the shoulders of the RAMs organization and City "elders". In order to change this, PSLs should be abolished, and season tickets should be sold on a first come-first servered basis every year. Then real rabid fans could buy tickets, instead of the rich snobs holding onto their seats as a commodity.

DON'T blame the real St louis fans that get blocked out of buying tickets.

gap

The Chiefs were awful last year as well.

They bought tix on the secondary market, why couldn't Rams fans in St. Louis do the same?

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams8821 View Post
    The Chiefs were awful last year as well.

They bought tix on the secondary market, why couldn't Rams fans in St. Louis do the same?
    Because an away fan will generally pay a higher price for a ticket than a local fan, and the PSL holder sells to the highest bidder. Most are just business men looking for a profit, not real fans.

Again... These tickets were sold at a time when most people thought we were a couple years from having a good team. Also. St Louis fans that got kicked out of the ability to buy season tickets, on a one year basis, are used to being able to buy gameday tickets from the PSL business men. So the Cheifs fans got the jump on buying tickets as soon as the schedule was announced, and tickets went on sale.

Get rid of PSLs, and you will more than likely have more REAL fans on Gameday.

gap

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

This a completey ridiculous post and I really would expect more from the admin of this board.

Have you EVER considered the fact that there are kansas city fans in st louis already??? Seeing as they are in the same state.

Have you ever considered the fact that the tickets could of been bought before the season started? And that those KC fans in st louis wanted to get a ticket to a game to where they didnt have to drive all that way.

This is seriously just beating a dead horse here and it quite frankly makes me sick.

I am going to seriously have to reconsider being apart of this board. Due to the fact that most people on here are St louis haters. And its getting really old reading St Louis doesnt deserve this team and all this other junk. Maybe if the rams were playing good football for 60 minutes people would wanna pay to see it.

I for one like about 2 hours away and I couldnt make it to the kc game because tickets cost about twice as much that game as they did the niners game so I chose it instead. So if that makes me a bad fan then so be it. But all this talk about St louis being a bad fan base is utterly ridiculous.

Gap, fair enough, a smattering of red is never an issue but there were vast areas where NO one was sitting. Its beyond a joke, this city needs a smack about the head

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    This a completey ridiculous post and I really would expect more from the admin of this board.

Have you EVER considered the fact that there are kansas city fans in st louis already??? Seeing as they are in the same state.

Have you ever considered the fact that the tickets could of been bought before the season started? And that those KC fans in st louis wanted to get a ticket to a game to where they didnt have to drive all that way.

This is seriously just beating a dead horse here and it quite frankly makes me sick.

I am going to seriously have to reconsider being apart of this board. Due to the fact that most people on here are St louis haters. And its getting really old reading St Louis doesnt deserve this team and all this other junk. Maybe if the rams were playing good football for 60 minutes people would wanna pay to see it.

I for one like about 2 hours away and I couldnt make it to the kc game because tickets cost about twice as much that game as they did the niners game so I chose it instead. So if that makes me a bad fan then so be it. But all this talk about St louis being a bad fan base is utterly ridiculous.

There is nothing ridiculous about it. The only ridiculous thing is the lack of support this team gets. It's a very fickle, non-loyal fan base, deal with it ...

Seriously, the home team getting BOOED when they run onto the field????

The Rammer is offline Registered User

I love the Rams, and I attend every single home game I possibly can (which is basically all of them, I live just 20 minutes from the stadium), but I agree. There is no reason for the team four driving hours away to get as many fans as the team playing in their home town.

However, Los Angeles would not support the team any better than Saint Louis. There were a ton of LA Rams fans (such as most of the people on this forum), but attendance wasn't that good down there. I'd bet that when Oakland came to town the stadium was split just like Edward Jones Dome was on Sunday.

Lets hope the fans prove us wrong this SUNDAY!!!!

I want it LOUD and full of Rams fans.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

It's not a dead horse as long as the fans in St. Louis continue to take home games away from the home team. None of the excuses hold any water. There are either Rams fans filling the Ed, cheering for their team, or there isn't. Unfortunately, the later is true.

Next week will be the most critically important home game in years, and I'm cautiously optimistic that St. Louis will be there to make the difference.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    It's not a dead horse as long as the fans in St. Louis continue to take home games away from the home team. None of the excuses hold any water. There are either Rams fans filling the Ed, cheering for their team, or there isn't. Unfortunately, the later is true.

Next week will be the most critically important home game in years, and I'm cautiously optimistic that St. Louis will be there to make the difference.

And things would be SO much better somewhere else?

It is beating a dead horse because theres nothing that can be done about the team being in st louis so why make useless topics on how bad the fans in st louis are.

Its getting old having to defend myself against fans OF THE SAME TEAM.....

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

And things would be SO much better somewhere else?

It is beating a dead horse because theres nothing that can be done about the team being in st louis so why make useless topics on how bad the fans in st louis are.

Its getting old having to defend myself against fans OF THE SAME TEAM.....
    And you think we like having to call out the fans in St. Louis? Really? Well think again because we would like nothing more than to be raving about the fans in St. Louis as opposed to having to chastise them for giving away home field advatage on a recurring basis.

I absolutely love the city of St. Louis, but what is happening with the support of our team is shameful. Deal with it.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Let me first say this: There are plenty of loyal, passionate Rams fans in St. Louis, and I respect them.

But I propose an interesting question for the person/people defending the other "Rams" fans that inhabit St. Louis.

Since you make the assertion that the Dome was split because KC fans live close by, if we were ever to play KC at their home stadium, would you see KC's stadium split like this weekend's?

I don't know what your answer is, but mine is hell no.

Just something interesting to think about...