Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Rampingitup Guest

Re: Terrible terrible Ram fans

Something else to think about. Football is a game of emotion. Could some of the play issues of the Rams have been due to being demoralized in their own house? One of the reasons that teams have an edge at home is that usually they have the emotional support of the fan base. Can you imagine how demoralizing it was to run out on the field to see a sea of red rather than a sea of of Blue and Gold? To a player this would almost be like an away game, and we all know how well the Rams have been doing on the road.

I live in Erie Pa, and I have dreamed of being able to go to a Rams game at the dome and meet the players, and maybe get a few autographs. Being disabled and on a fixed income I doubt that my dream will ever come true, but I follow every game both here and on game center, since I can't afford Sunday Ticket either. I have been a die hard Rams fan since the 70's and I know all about Wagoneers (Band Wagon Jumpers), I wont post here what I really think of them. I would likely get censored or banned. My support to the fans who go to the games, but the city fan base needs a swift kick in the (Wait I could get banned for using that body part in my post so...) butt.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    How many teams has LA lost? They had two teams at the same time and couldnt keep either one.
    Six

Los Angeles Rams
    Los Angeles Raiders
    Los Angeles Chargers
    Los Angeles Avengers
    Los Angeles Express
    Los Angeles Xtreme

Now that I think about it, we've lost as many teams as the Rams have wins!
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -12-20-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I'm not banging on you as a fan, but this statement is all that needs to be said. If you and 100,000 Rams fans were thinking that the Rams probably wouldnt win so id rather go to the Whiners game then there lies the problem. I went into hostile territory in Frisco last year amongst some pretty sketchy characters in the nose bleed seats with Kyle Boller starting at qb. I figured we would probably lose but guess what i bought plane tickets and game tickets and went to watch them lose 35-0 among some very Raideresque fans. I'm no wealthy man either but win or lose I'm a Rams fan. The only saving grace for me and my firend was the throwback Youngblood jersey i wore was very respected by the Whiner/gangbangers in the stands, dont ask me why. People need to go to the games to help the Rams. Home field advantage can be a very huge thing and so can running onto your home field and getting booed.

The problem is that you have taken this personally. Sure you cant afford to go to every game but your telling me that there arent 60,000 people in St. louis who can? How can there not be a fan base? This team won the superbowl, the Chiefs have not. Yet your telling me that a team that has never brought Missouri a championship trophy still has a bigger fan base and can pack our stadium half full in a game that had playoff implications? I find this very hard to understand how the entire state of Missouri and city of St. Louis can decide to not pack that stadium full of Rams fans. They had no problem packing it full in the gsot days. This team is rebuilding and competing for a playoff spot and a division title yet the players got booed on their home field, disgraceful.
    Seeing as you live so far away you didnt have a choice in the matter. It was either go and watch or just dont go.

I had a choice in which game because they are the same distance away from me. So I did the only logical thing and I am going to a meaningful game. I saw the KC as meaningless. So why goto a game where its meaningless as compared to a game that is for the playoffs.

Kansas city may not have a superbowl but they have been in the league since 1960 the rams have been in st louis since 1995 so I am positve there are more fans of KC in missouri than the Rams. This game had SOME playoff implications thats if hell froze over and seatlle won but that didnt happen did it. This game had more playoff implications for KC then the Rams and I believe thats why there werent that many rams fans there.

And yes I have taken this personally because Dez said himself that he is bashing st louis fans.

This thread is not about Los Angeles and how many teams it lost OR if the Ram will go back there. It is about the apathy of the St Louis fan base. If I see any other posts referring to how good Los Angeles is over St Louis, they will be deemed "off topic" and removed, OK

Now lets get back on topic, cheers

And yes I have taken this personally because Dez said himself that he is bashing st louis fans.
    If you choose to take it personal, thats your choice, I AM calling out the St Louis fan base. WHERE ARE YOU and WHY WERE YOU NOT THERE SUNDAY?

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

rammiser is offline Registered User

Seeing as you live so far away you didnt have a choice in the matter. It was either go and watch or just dont go.

I had a choice in which game because they are the same distance away from me. So I did the only logical thing and I am going to a meaningful game. I saw the KC as meaningless. So why goto a game where its meaningless as compared to a game that is for the playoffs.

Kansas city may not have a superbowl but they have been in the league since 1960 the rams have been in st louis since 1995 so I am positve there are more fans of KC in missouri than the Rams. This game had SOME playoff implications thats if hell froze over and seatlle won but that didnt happen did it. This game had more playoff implications for KC then the Rams and I believe thats why there werent that many rams fans there.

Howwas this game any more important for the Chiefs then it was for the Rams? The Rams are in a tie for 1st place and now have to win their remaining two games to make the playoffs. Had they won Sunday vs the Chiefs they would have had a 1 game lead and then only would have to beat the Whiners to make the playoffs and eliminate the Hawks. Now because the Hawks have a better division record the Rams have to win their two remaining games to win the division and make the playoffs. So again tell me ow this was more important for the Chiefs as far as playoff implications go again?
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Howwas this game any more important for the Chiefs then it was for the Rams? The Rams are in a tie for 1st place and now have to win their remaining two games to make the playoffs. Had they won Sunday vs the Chiefs they would have had a 1 game lead and then only would have to beat the Whiners to make the playoffs and eliminate the Hawks. Now because the Hawks have a better division record the Rams have to win their two remaining games to win the division and make the playoffs. So again tell me ow this was more important for the Chiefs as far as playoff implications go again?

Because if the chiefs didn't win this game they would be tied with SD for the lead. If we didnt win we were still in the lead. So ya the chiefs needed this more...

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I grew up in St. Louis, with a family that held season tickets to the miserable Cardinals, who bought the PSLs and have had season tickets ever since the Rams moved here. I moved to New Orleans and bought a TV and Direct TV JUST to watch the Rams (I don't even watch TV otherwise) I go to the Rams games when I am back in St. Louis, and I go when they head down to Nola.

You can say don't take it personally all you want, but you knew very well that everyone from St. Louis would and you didn't care, so sell that junk somewhere else. I am sorry if I am not a "ra ra" guy, I prefer to sit and watch, that doesn't make me any less passionate than anyone else. In fact, if you knew me, you'd know how passionate I am by my obsession over every little detail of every game that I won't stop talking about.

I thought I came to this board to talk football, not discuss how the city I love is worthless. Even if you don't care for the city, at least have some respect for the posters on the board.

P.S. I was at that game, no matter what you saw on TV, there were more Rams fans, and the Rams fans were louder.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Rammer View Post
    I love the Rams, and I attend every single home game I possibly can (which is basically all of them, I live just 20 minutes from the stadium), but I agree. There is no reason for the team four driving hours away to get as many fans as the team playing in their home town.

However, Los Angeles would not support the team any better than Saint Louis. There were a ton of LA Rams fans (such as most of the people on this forum), but attendance wasn't that good down there. I'd bet that when Oakland came to town the stadium was split just like Edward Jones Dome was on Sunday.
    I beg to differ sir. My Dad had season tickets from 1985 til they moved in 1994 and the Big A where they used to play in Anaheim was sold out up til the 1994 season.

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    I grew up in St. Louis, with a family that held season tickets to the miserable Cardinals, who bought the PSLs and have had season tickets ever since the Rams moved here. I moved to New Orleans and bought a TV and Direct TV JUST to watch the Rams (I don't even watch TV otherwise) I go to the Rams games when I am back in St. Louis, and I go when they head down to Nola.

You can say don't take it personally all you want, but you knew very well that everyone from St. Louis would and you didn't care, so sell that junk somewhere else. I am sorry if I am not a "ra ra" guy, I prefer to sit and watch, that doesn't make me any less passionate than anyone else. In fact, if you knew me, you'd know how passionate I am by my obsession over every little detail of every game that I won't stop talking about.

I thought I came to this board to talk football, not discuss how the city I love is worthless. Even if you don't care for the city, at least have some respect for the posters on the board.

P.S. I was at that game, no matter what you saw on TV, there were more Rams fans, and the Rams fans were louder.

HA straight from someone that was there as compared to seeing it on tv!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Fans should be making a right stink on ALL the talk shows in the St Louis area, they should be mobilising the "fans" in St Louis and getting them out to the games.
    Great post. This is exactly what should be happening. Instead of making excuses, there should be some outrage in the community where the Rams call home. The fans want effort from players, so they should put their collected efforts where their mouths are and just get the damned Dome filled with Rams fans and whip the place into a frenzy on Sunday.

Having to worry about getting enough support from fans at a home game with playoff implications is absurd. I truely wish we didn't need to have this discussion.

Thanks man, I wish more fans could have loyalty (not saying anyone here is not loyal, saying that the fans that left when the GSOT left shouldve been loyal).

Well to the rest of you I am tired of argueing with you the St louis fans suck there ya go are ya happy now?

All I know is to me St louis is the BEST sports town there is. I have only been a rams fan since 02 or 03 i cant remember but I have been a cardinals baseball fan since at least i was 5 i was going to games. And what I know about st louis is they will support the team if the team does well. Look at the cardinals attendance they are always ranked high and they have had 3 mill people come for i think 6 years straight for baseball that is really good.

And i can tell you right now I would of been to more this year had the tickets been cheaper. To get a good seat is like 90 bucks a ticket.

St.louis has always been a baseball town and will alwasy support their Cards. The Rams are an afterthought to say the least but the problems go further than that. For one the EJD or whatever the stadium is called now is totally outdated and there is not really much room to tailgate whatsoever. The " going to a football game" experience is not there as compared to stadiums such as foxboro, candlestick park, qualcomm stadium, and even the University of pheonix stadium. The location of the stadium, the age of the outdated stadium, and the lack of the fanbase = a recipe for disaster.

At the end of the day, this thread is about how we as Rams fans all throughout the world are just really disappointed to see one of the biggest Rams games in years almost a road game in our own stadium. When CBS showed the stadium at the beginning of the game my Father and I gasped in awe at how the stadium was pretty much empty and how many Chief fans there was. In conclusion, if your a poster on this website we all love your a die hard rams fan. So it is just a tough pill to swallow seeing that at a home game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If people want to take this personally and get all huffy, I guess that's their choice.

But through seven games, the Rams have one of the worst home attendance percentages, according to ESPN (30th in the league). When the players are even noticing the opposing fans - and this surely isn't the first time we've seen articles about the presence of the opposition in the Ed - then I really don't understand how some people can get so offended at what seems like very warranted criticism.

If you're able to buy a ticket(s) and you're there in the seat, then good for you. If you're not able to buy a ticket or can't financially do it, that's understandable. Chances are this criticism isn't directed at you, but rather the fans who take their local team for granted by not showing up and supporting the team when they could be.